Violin classes. Any advice?

I really want to take violin classes because I love the sound of it but I've never played any instrument before and I don't know if I'm talented or not. Also, I'm afraid that I'll go there and learn very slow or make a fool of myself. Any advice?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask your teacher to teach you how to tune by ear and not just learn to play it. It will make you 1. look more professional. And 2. you won't sound like the enormous large ammount of people who are tone deaf and can't tell. When their stringed instrument is WAAAAAAY to sharp or flatter than flat.

(I use to play euphonium and a several other instruments and half the fun was learning to actually tune the instruments. )

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE