Violin classes. Any advice?

I really want to take violin classes because I love the sound of it but I've never played any instrument before and I don't know if I'm talented or not. Also, I'm afraid that I'll go there and learn very slow or make a fool of myself. Any advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask your teacher to teach you how to tune by ear and not just learn to play it. It will make you 1. look more professional. And 2. you won't sound like the enormous large ammount of people who are tone deaf and can't tell. When their stringed instrument is WAAAAAAY to sharp or flatter than flat.

(I use to play euphonium and a several other instruments and half the fun was learning to actually tune the instruments. )

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You should go for it. The biggest part of learning and instrument is practice. Some people are born naturally talented but most get better over time. The violin is a beautiful instrument. You will learn at your own pace, so I hope you don't get discouraged.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would just go, because it's clearly an interest for you, and don't worry about learning slow or making a fool of yourself, every great musician and artist has to start somewhere

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for your ideal

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes