Do you think Amy Schumer is funny?

Like how she'll trip for laughs or her jokes.

510

Most Helpful Guy

• Her humor is very hit or miss to me, but fortunately I know exactly why. There are times when she'll get a chuckle out of me, but most of the time she is trying to be too edgy for the content she wants to talk about. Schumer wants to say something, and illustrate her point through humor, but the reason it doesn't work is because she genuinely believes what she's trying to say.

I love edgy humor, but there's definitely subject matter that it plays better with, and you need to maintain that level of edginess through out the show. Her former boyfriend, Anthony Jesselnik, told/tells unbelievably edgy jokes, but part of the joke is that he is reacting to the situations he describes in the most inhuman, cruel, and sadistic way possible. No one would ever hear his jokes and think "huh, yeah, I guess he does have a point." Schumer WANTS you to hear her jokes and think that she has a point, but you won't ever do that if the whole time she talks, you're wondering if her reaction is even appropriate.

Most Helpful Girl

• God no, i haven't laughed at one thing i've seen of hers, im surprised she's got to where she has.