Would an employer frown upon their employee being on Naked and Afraid?

My younger cousin apparently sent in an application to be on the T. V. show Naked and Afraid. According to her post about it on Facebook, what started out as a joke has turned into something that could become real because the show called her back and she decided to request more information about it. I don't watch the show because I'm not much for naked people (blurred or not) and I'm not really into survialist type shows, so I've never seen it.

I wonder though, if she did get picked and agreed to be on the show would that effect the career she's worked so hard for? She's a nurse in FL and apparently she got employee of the month. I'm quite proud of her because she's over come a lot to get where she is today and I'd hate to see something as simple as show on the Discovery Channel ruin her nursing career. So, do you think being on a show where you're naked would potentially ruin your career and be looked down upon by your employer?

310

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say they would probably makes sure she maybe signs paperwork that she can't publically disclose her current jobs info as to the who patient doc confidentiality but besides that i dont think that she would loose her ability to be a nurse.

So long as she dosnt promote or say bad about her nursing career. But it could also lead to her maybe becoming a tv star adn enrtirely different career if she becomes popular enough. Not to the degree of like super star but other shows might be open to admission

I'd say just tell her to talk it through with all her higher ups and just confirm that nothign bad is going to happen and she does want to do it. .

Most Helpful Girl

• It shouldn’t but I can see where it would be a concern