Would an employer frown upon their employee being on Naked and Afraid?

My younger cousin apparently sent in an application to be on the T. V. show Naked and Afraid. According to her post about it on Facebook, what started out as a joke has turned into something that could become real because the show called her back and she decided to request more information about it. I don't watch the show because I'm not much for naked people (blurred or not) and I'm not really into survialist type shows, so I've never seen it.

I wonder though, if she did get picked and agreed to be on the show would that effect the career she's worked so hard for? She's a nurse in FL and apparently she got employee of the month. I'm quite proud of her because she's over come a lot to get where she is today and I'd hate to see something as simple as show on the Discovery Channel ruin her nursing career. So, do you think being on a show where you're naked would potentially ruin your career and be looked down upon by your employer?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say they would probably makes sure she maybe signs paperwork that she can't publically disclose her current jobs info as to the who patient doc confidentiality but besides that i dont think that she would loose her ability to be a nurse.

So long as she dosnt promote or say bad about her nursing career. But it could also lead to her maybe becoming a tv star adn enrtirely different career if she becomes popular enough. Not to the degree of like super star but other shows might be open to admission

I'd say just tell her to talk it through with all her higher ups and just confirm that nothign bad is going to happen and she does want to do it. .

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It shouldn’t but I can see where it would be a concern

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I am not sure. I could go either way. The fame could be good for the company but then if the company was say Chuck E. Cheese that might bad thing. But the company could also decide to ignore it and let you back. But also it could be considered discrimination for a company to do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has a social life full of personal activities no matter what try are a good employer should only be concerned if they can do the job and if they show up on time what they have done that is not connected to the job the employer should have no interest in unless they are looking at skills used during the programme but it certainly shouldn't effect getting a job in a negative way

0|0
    0|0
  • I could see certain jobs having an issue with it, but I doubt nursing is one of them. Except her current job might not be happy about the time off she'd have to take to be on the show

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question. I'm not sure if a company could fire someone because of that. However if it's in a right to work state... the company is allowed to fire anyone for any reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure if the employer would mind initially... but if enough customers mentioned it to her employer then it could be a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some would probably, but dus that matter if this is something she wants to do that's her choice and there plenty of employers won't judge her for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if they didn't know your hobbies being a survivor and all

0|0
    0|0
  • It shouldn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it all depends on situation and thinking

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2