How to unlock my xbox (read more below)?

I dont have xbox live and dont play online. My little sister typed the wrong password into the xbox one controller multiple times. Now it says im locked out and must log online on microsoft to prove its me and “enter password”. I have sucky wifi rn but it says i have to update my game before i can log online. So i connected to the sucky wifi and waited 3 hours for the update to finish. It finishes and says “something went wrong and could not update.” Wtf, so am i just locked out my xbox forever? Is there anyway to prove its me by logging into Microsoft by phone?
Updates:
So yea i talked to the lady and she said i gotta take it to someones house to update because my wifi connection isn't strong smh. fck now i gotta basically find someones house or internet. She said i could do the offline flashdrive update but i need like 4.7 gb and mine is only 3.6. Grrr
Okay so my friend girl said i can update at her house tomorrow. I pray this works. But the woman said i missed a buttload of updates since i haven't updated since like Christmas lol. I mean i told u i played offline so i didn't think xbox one updates matter. They dont matter on my xbox 360. I don't know but anyways she said if the update wasn't updated by a certain time it made ppls systems blackout. Yea I don't know but we’ll see tomorrow. Ima just try to get this mess updated

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

Most Helpful Girls

• Maybe try calling, if you can do it on the website. This happened before I accidentally used my controller to sign in on my boyfriend account since we're game sharing. So he had to change password and sorta had to re do everything to log back in by using his controller. Hopefully you don't have to reboot everything.

1|0
    0|0
    • Im annoyed cause it says that charge us if we call from a mobile phone 😒

• Show All
    • Yea i got it figured out now. Had to take it to my friends house. It only took 30 mins to update compared to the 3 hours it took with my sucky wifi. I also had my controller passkey removed to avoid this mishap again. Im good to go now. Lmao this was the first time updating since December lol

• That's good, glad things are well now. Yeah it probably had a lot of catching up. The recent update was like May 1st or sometime around that week.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• You need better wifi

1|0
    0|0
    • Get ready to check update

• Yea i got it figured out now. Had to take it to my friends house. It only took 30 mins to update compared to the 3 hours it took with my sucky wifi. I also had my controller passkey removed to avoid this mishap again. Im good to go now. Lmao this was the first time updating since December lol

• I think you need to update what she said is right take for example Whatsapp if you don't update u won't be able to use it so try updating the software

1|0
    0|0

• Lolz that's really fast 30mins

• Ya try logging online from your phone at xbox microsoft

You can probably change your password maybe even

1|1
    0|0
    • I tried vut they keep thinkin i wanna change the microsoft password and not the xbox controller passkey

• Show All
    • Im pissed bra my sis jacked up my ish

• I suggest using a computer to update your password.. Xbox Live doss not like mobile phone hotspot.

1|0
    0|0
    • I dont have xbox live and i was using an actual hotspot router. But yea i talked to the lady and she said i gotta take it to someones house to update because the connection isn't strong smh.

• Show All
    • Excellent! I'm glad you sorted it out, nothing more frustrating than having an expensive bit of tech that you can't use, I've been there.

• Damn that's too bad.. I have the superior PlayStation so I can help you out much.. LMAO.. :P

0|0
    2|2
  • Tech Support... maybe? They must have that.

1|1
    0|0
    • Okay cause i tried the virtual chat and that was no help

• I'm confused, why do you need to update the game to log in on the website?

0|0
    0|0
    • Because i never play online and haven't updated my game in like months

• Oh you mean console update not actual game? I just read your update lol. Also make sure you update the control pads too, there's an option in the settings to update them.

• Call them

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay cause i tried the virtual chat and that was no help

• Show All

• Oh jeez lol glad it's ok now

• Locked out, 48-72 hours And Strong wifi

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay i get the strong wifi, but wow it’ll actually unlovk after 48-72 hours?

• Yes I put the wrong password in 3-5 times or locked out

• I appreciate the invite but I only use playstation

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I haven't touched my Xbox in forever because my mom's patient monopolizes the TV that it's hooked up to. So i'm probably in the same boat. Looks like you figured it out tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sorry not a gamer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Awww sorry not a gamer so I can't help you 😑

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm no idea.