How to unlock my xbox (read more below)?

I dont have xbox live and dont play online. My little sister typed the wrong password into the xbox one controller multiple times. Now it says im locked out and must log online on microsoft to prove its me and “enter password”. I have sucky wifi rn but it says i have to update my game before i can log online. So i connected to the sucky wifi and waited 3 hours for the update to finish. It finishes and says “something went wrong and could not update.” Wtf, so am i just locked out my xbox forever? Is there anyway to prove its me by logging into Microsoft by phone?
So yea i talked to the lady and she said i gotta take it to someones house to update because my wifi connection isn't strong smh. fck now i gotta basically find someones house or internet. She said i could do the offline flashdrive update but i need like 4.7 gb and mine is only 3.6. Grrr
Okay so my friend girl said i can update at her house tomorrow. I pray this works. But the woman said i missed a buttload of updates since i haven't updated since like Christmas lol. I mean i told u i played offline so i didn't think xbox one updates matter. They dont matter on my xbox 360. I don't know but anyways she said if the update wasn't updated by a certain time it made ppls systems blackout. Yea I don't know but we’ll see tomorrow. Ima just try to get this mess updated

812

Most Helpful Guys

Most Helpful Girls

• Maybe try calling, if you can do it on the website. This happened before I accidentally used my controller to sign in on my boyfriend account since we're game sharing. So he had to change password and sorta had to re do everything to log back in by using his controller. Hopefully you don't have to reboot everything.

• Im annoyed cause it says that charge us if we call from a mobile phone 😒

• Yea i got it figured out now. Had to take it to my friends house. It only took 30 mins to update compared to the 3 hours it took with my sucky wifi. I also had my controller passkey removed to avoid this mishap again. Im good to go now. Lmao this was the first time updating since December lol

• That's good, glad things are well now. Yeah it probably had a lot of catching up. The recent update was like May 1st or sometime around that week.