Anime, dub or sub and why?

I prefer dub cuz Im lazy to read and its hard to focus on reading and watching whats happening at the same timeAnime, dub or sub and why?
  • DUB
    Vote A
  • SUB
    Vote B
  • Im an anime virgin
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Subs are for weebs who like to pretend that they somehow have a greater appreciation for a show in it's original language.

And you can't argue that 'Dubs sumtims mistrinslete or sownd dum!'
    No, fuck you, subtitles are still prey to the same mistranslations, I'd rather have characters sound dumb in a language I can understand than sound dumb in a language I can't.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sub, reason being:
    I don't like the voice translators as they sound cringy and I prefer to hear the JAPANESE language when watching animes, I can read it fine during watching and it also if you are really focused, you can learn what certain Japanese words mean and I guess that's just kind of satisfying on the side? ^_^

I don't judge those who watch in DUB though, I just don't enjoy watching in dub to the point that if an anime I want to watch is only available in dub, I will give up on that anime and choose another anime XD

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Depends on the anime. I usually prefer sub because I watch all movies with subtitles anyway (I don't have very good hearing and my family is loud, so I need to be able to read what characters are saying).

0|1
    0|0
  • Dub for me. Because I don't speak Japanese, and since I usually don't have the patience to just sit and watch something for a long time without also doing something else (drawing, sewing, tidying up) I get exhausted having to constantly watch the subtitles.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you start a series subbed then u have to finished subbed, if you start a series dubbed then you have to finished dubbed. But dubbed voices are generally nicer in my opinion, so I'm gonna go with dubbed

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the voices better in dub.

The men actually sound like men.

You also have to be part bat (batman?) to hear the sub female voices

0|1
    0|0
  • Sub.
    Dub ruins the anime and it removes name suffixes like -kun, -chan, -sama, -san, etc

0|1
    0|0
  • Sub... I don't really like the dubbing because it spoils the anime

1|2
    1|0
  • Varies, both can be good and it would depend on the anime itself. In general though, probably subbed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depend which one, there's some I'm used to watch DUB so I watch them DUB but in general I watch them SUB.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sub for sure
    Because sometimes the noise they make it's weird and in English its even more weird

0|1
    0|0
  • Sub.
    Dub doesn't feel as good as sub. If dun is bad, it takes away all the fun.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anime hentai?

0|1
    0|0
  • sub, they sound weird in dub

0|1
    0|0
  • sub always

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with you. Dub

0|1
    0|0
  • rarely dub

0|1
    0|0
  • Both are fine for me.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• Sub cause its annoying out the rear when dubs dont translate that well and with my only 2 years of Japanese I can tell they screwed up a scenes script. And unless the anime has the humor tag its annoying XD.

0|1
    0|0
    • Though its hilarious when its suppose to be a serious scene and like the main character is like poorly translated also on subs and have the characters saying profanity XD.

• Subs. Dubs tend to change the nuance of conversations. The only dub that did it perfectly would have been Cowboy Bebop. Though some dub openings have been great.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've always watched subs because it just feels better for me. BUT I have to say that Death Note is probably the only instance where dubs were not only not bad, but they were also better than the original Japanese.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both. Some dubs are bad, and subs are consistent.

I do prefer dubs to be honest, but there are times where subs (in Japanese voice acting) has a much more intense/overall better atmosphere than English dub.

0|1
    0|0
  • dub i dont like reading

i watch anime to enjoy the visuals and easily understand the story.

Some animes can become a headache because multiple people are talking and multiple text boxes start showing

0|1
    0|0
  • Sub you filthy dubbers... Fucking disgusting filth.

0|1
    0|0
  • I find a lot of anime are dubbed quite well. Yes the Japanese voice actors are better, but I prefer yup devour my attention to watching rather than reading, particularly for anything involving fights

0|1
    0|0
  • Sub because I like it but I only watch Dragon Balls dubbed because the japanese voice actor sounds weird to me doing Gokus voice.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends if the dub isn't complete shit then I'll watch it in dub but usually I watch it in SUB.

0|1
    0|0
  • I generally watch dub so I can do other things while watching. I won't turn down a good sub version if I find one though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I also prefer dub only the ones that already have it if not I would continue to watch sub if the full dub is not out yet

0|1
    0|0
  • Sub because the voices they pick for dubs sound awful a vast majority of the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dub cause I like to watch in English and not be reading

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t like anime

0|1
    0|0
  • Subtitle Master race.

0|1
    0|0
  • SUBB