Is it a turn off if a guy is out of touch with pop culture?

I know this is a stupid question but: I'm 16 but I don't anything about all these actors and pop celebrities and what not. I usually just watch sports and listen to heavy metal and old rock ( rolling stones an david bowie are my the best). To me , kanye west is just another rapper but to everyone he is such a big deal and i don't even know why. Would a girl who isn't oblivious to current trends like me find that to be an issue/turn-off? Honest opinions pls.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Lots of girls don't care about that kinda stuff so you're fine.

Personally, you don't have to know the ins and outs of every celebrity in the world (I fucking don't) but knowing about pop culture is kind of important in my circles. Like I don't watch game of thrones but I know the basic gist and can communicate with people because of that. It's why culture's in the name, you're gonna be exposed to it so might as well be able to engage with as many people as you can.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the same I even went to a rolling Stones concert last year...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I'm the same as you man. love old metal and rock n roll and don't pay too much attention to pop culture. really there are a lot of people (both male and female) that don't care if the opposite sex is out of touch with pop culture.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I would hope not, I take pride in not really knowing who these Jenner people are

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, i dont even know much of these celebs around

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes