Why is most of YouTube's popular content mindless incoherent garbage?

Why is most of YouTube's popular content mindless incoherent garbage?

Like it baffles me how things get to the trending page sometimes. Does this reflect how brain dead most Americans are or is it because of the amount of children on the site.

Tags don't mean fuck anymore, creators earn money now, and now they're making it harder for smaller YouTuber's to earn money.

They basically fucked over animators on YouTube for making a decent dime. Mostly because animators ruled YouTube for a bit because it was quality content.

Now all YouTube does is make sure people who are at the top stay at the top. It's become everything I hate about corporations, and now people digest utter garbage when there is some actually beautiful content on YouTube that doesn't get attention.

2|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Algorithms are whack. The people on the featured page aren't actually a representation of the best of YouTube they're just the people who know how to work the system to get on the front page. You gotta do your own digging to find the content you want. Be the change you wish to see.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel your struggle dear Sketch Forger, and honestly, I only visit YouTube when I want to check a song I don't have or when I need to find a tutorial of "How To Fix ___"
    Couldn't agree more with you on the quality of videos selected for front page and top 10.
    You have to keep in mind, most of them are investors and they intimidate the business.
    Worst of all, is the quality of music videos getting at the top of charts, while they are really garbage. I mean what happened to real old school good Rock & Roll or Alternative music?
    It hurts to check out for instance a good video clip by Aerosmith or Scorpion for instance, then see a dumb new hit song on the other hand getting 10 and 20 times more likes within few days.
    It will always come back to society and how it is evolving my friend, and it is a shame to see what it has became.
    The cycle of life is pretty simple for society and mankind evolution. My generation has evolved to a certain point, where the new generation is taking over with virtual world.
    Sometimes I do feel like we will get to the point where "The Matrix" movie will become reality, people will be living in a virtual world, while the real world will no longer exist.
    Thank you for sharing this interesting question my friend!!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• The best content of YouTube can often get lost under the mountains of garbage. I'd assume creators now try to cater to Gen Z more than any other demographic.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't know, because I only watch things I've actually searched for like tutorials for DIY, or I'm subscribed to a channel that I trust to put out worthy content relevant to me. Like, "Nostalgia Critic", which is what I'm watching ATM :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Its been a while since I've used YouTube, I only use it when I have to search a day or nail art or a song. Honestly it got really boring and lame now. Just a bunch of crap now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mindless garbage can serve as an escape from reality and its daily stressors.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Thank you for posting this. The amount of absolute brainless shit on Youtube is pathetic. Who the hell watches this crap?

One of my favorite Youtubers quit and started streaming on Facebook because of how badly small-end content creators are treated.

There's too much methodical mundane shit on Youtube now. It's like an algorithm. They took a great thing and molded it in to a money machine. What else is new? It has ad revenue, it generates traffic, etc.

It's really sad.

0|0
    0|0
  • The goal of any company is to make money, not make good for their customers. Ideally they do it within the confines of law. Beyond that, they have no obligation to make sure subjectively "good" content remains.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't believe this video got millions of views

https://youtu.be/vfc42Pb5RA8

0|0
    0|0
  • It reflects the condition of mankind. But it's easy not to visit youtube - and all troubles will shift.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people tend to respond with emotions over reason since it's less costly metabolicly

0|0
    0|0
  • Mindless incoherent garbage is the best

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz 12 old fucks think its cool or some shit

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes