Why is ART boring to you? The visual art 2D /painting... ?

I see it that way:
1. Lack of interaction (as new tech society we are only agitated by 'moving images' - games, movies, YT ) ... when we get easy visuals and don't have to think much.
2. Lack of connection... The times of admiring the skills of a realistic painting are gone (Nowadays we don't need to appreciate the nude models by Rubens if we have tones of 'real' ones on IG or Snapchat)
3. Technology development (you can have printed everything on any scale for less money... what's for paintings are needed?)

Any other ideas?
That's is quite interesting for me how you see it, I was trained as a painter and loved my job :)

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm disagree with you. I think art is fascinating and knows about many other people who are both interested and enjoys it. The art museums like in the Vatican, the Monk-museum, Van Gogh-museum etc. are still quite popular. There's also many artists on Instagram that posts pictures of their paintings, decorated foods, drawings etc. Most people likes them.

The thing is that people still loves art, but they're not buying so much to keep it at home because they can see it at art exhibitions, museums and on the internet. In addition it's expensive and many people makes art by themselves instead. Many watch YouTube-tutorials to learn them to paint, draw, photograph, design etc. Another thing is that if you buys a painting, you've to know where to put it and where you can store it if you want to change paintings.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont see it as boring. Beautiful art is beautiful to look at

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I like looking at art. I don't know much about it but it's interesting seeing the different styles and hearing about how it compares to periods in art history and the different masters of the past.

1|0
    0|0
    • If you have to choose: cinema or art gallery?

• I'd say art gallery. The reason is, I am a amateur landscape photographer. So I'm used to going to galleries and looking at photographs. Same with fine art.

• See...
      What I meant... Avarage person, not art lovers... That's obvious you will like the art :)

• I do 2D art only myself, it's old school and awesome! The true art is in 2D painting only, even a 3D painter draws a 2D sketch first before converting it into 3D

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm not talking about artists (as they are always interested in art :)
      I'm talking about customers, people not interested professionally in art

• Show All
    • Ok, thanks

• You're welcome :)

• I like paintings and do not find them boring. Although the subject matter has to be something I am interested in. I like when they have a 3D look to them

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as it's hentai art, yiff art or Halo art, it's not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Is not bored, it's just hard to see it as a way you can earn money, so many don't take it serious.

1|0
    0|0
    • I observe less and less interest in the field... An average person would always choose to see the movie than to go to the art exhibition.
      There is also decrease in the art students choosing painting as the main specialization.

• With so much distractions, some forms of art are been displaced.

• Distractions... yes, that's it

• 99%of today's "art" is just crap. It's all made to insult those looking at it.

1|0
    0|0
    • ... but in 18, 19 and 20 centuries people were saying the same.
      My point is that it's even worse than ever - the 'crap' reasoning PLUS new technology displacing handwork and crafts

• Some of it yes. But far more master Peace's came for then than anything made today.

And there is the fact that no one takes the time to make great stuff anymore.

• They do... but in gaming ;)

• I can't draw a straight line so while I love art that is lifelike I can't appreciate the full spectrum that it encumbered. Odd that I have many pieces as decor but not as storyboards.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not boring

1|0
    0|0
  • Art is the only spec of humanity we have left

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes