Is it weird that I HATE watching the daily news in class?

Every morning, my history teacher lets us watch CNN 10--a ten-minute rundown of daily news event for students. Keyword is students, so all neutral, no big fancy words, and a funny host. But I hate learning about world conflicts and anything negative. My goal is to travel the world, and all these current conflicts between world leaders make me anxious. I don't want to know this stuff. I'm still young. I'm not an adult yet.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually think it's bad. You just want to bury your head in the sand and forget the word's troubles, rather than think of ways to solve them and prevent the events from repeating.

• I can't think of ways to solve them because I'm in 9th grade. And I'm not one of those gifted children who invent bots to rid toxic gases from the atmosphere when they're fifteen. But I really want to travel the world one day, and I think the news should show more positive things about the world. It just makes people fear everything around them, like war is everywhere.

• Yeah, but this is the reality we live in, and we're sheltered from a lot of it.

You might not be able to solve it now, but it's still important to think about, at least when you get older.

Oddly enough, we're still living in the most peaceful time in history.

Most Helpful Girl