What shows were ruined because they didn't end soon enough?

4372

What Guys Said 72

• The Simpsons and modern Family

• TWD - should have been over after the governor story arc

Family Guy - jumped the shark in the episode where Stuie and the dog were trapped in a bank vault

DBZ - should have ended with the Freeza saga but fans wouldn't let it die

Bleach - should have ended after they killed Izen

• Scrubs, Dexter, How I Met Your Mother

I don't think any of these were "ruined," but quality dropped a bit towards the end. I

The Office wasn't quite as good after Michael left, but it was still pretty damn good, so couldn't include it with the others.

• Don't know, I haven't watched normal TV in ever. This is what I watch, never gets old, never gets boring.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6s3N418FZYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYGT-kXp_Jc

• Arrow. I feel they just keep on stretching the same shit so ya.

• How I Met Your Mother cause it's ending kinda ruined it Also Supernatural since it has been too stretched (still both are great shows) but need to be wrapped more sooner

• Remake of the killing.
    Prison break.

Both cases, the show as a series should have wrapped things up season 1, and either done a new case, or a totally new cast/setting for a follow up.

• 4d

I disagree with Prison Break. That needed season 2. They would've been fine ending it after that tho.

• Supernatural, Once Upon a Time, Agents of SHIELD, Friends, the list goes on. Walking Dead is almost there too at this point

• 4d

Supernatural is still great to me, but I haven't seen the new season yet lol

• 4d

Na supernatural is just getting better an better

• 4d

Lol I agree

• Well pretty much any long running show that starts getting repetitive and losing cast members
    The walking dead
    That 70s show
    Criminal minds
    So on and on...

• -Allegedly The Simpsons?
    -Hannity (Should have ended before it started)

• Scrubs, Trailer Park Boys, 3rd Rock from the Sun, and.. Well I would have said Roseanne, but It's kicking some ass again!

• 4d

Yeah, bro. TPB got popular in the states a few years ago and they're totally cashing in. The new seasons are bad and now that Lahey passed away I can't imagine what they're even gonna do with the new seasons.

• 4d

I'm currently watching the last series of Third Rock
      .. Have to say its much better than a lot of stuff on now, even if it was 'bad third rock'

• 3d

@Annie_Mosity Third Rock went down the toilet after the 4th season. At the very least I can appreciate the other shows I mentioned for being continually innovative.

• Lost.

Dragged on way to long and the story twisted into something unimaginably ridiculous.

The walking dead is soon going to be in the same boat.

• Grey’s Anatomy

There is a lot more but that’s all I can think of so far.

• Two and a Half Men, I like Aston Kutcher, but the show was dead the minute after Charlie Sheen wasn’t the main character

• The Simpsons, The Big Bang Theory, Friends (although I never liked it anyway). But i don't watch much TV.

• Family Guy, it's not ruined, it's actually still an absolutely fantastic show, they're just clearly running out of context.

• The big bang theory. Its not worth watching anymore

• Bones, supernatural , greys anatomy and jersey shore

• 4d

Sorry I have to disagree here.. Never watched jersey shore but the others are good lol

• 4d

shhh this is true

• 4d

See than you're not allowed to desagree with me 😝 it's because of you that they renewing supernatural jk

• Heroes. Family Guy. Naruto Shippuden. Some people say Star Wars.

• Fekking supernatural and vampire diaries. Never ending bs!

• Rocky, fast and furious, Friday (sorry its true), American Pie

• Castle
    game of thrones
    Supernatural
    Vampire Diaries

• 4d

Game of Thrones has gotten pretty bad, but only because of a lack of source material. They still have some story arc to go through.

• Heroes. 100% it was great for season 1 and 2 then for season 3 its just seemed like they got lost.

• Arrow, one tree hill, castle, how i met your mother.

• Dexter, himym, stargate sg1, a team, all bresilian series...

• 99% of them

• Scrubs is the worst example I can think of.

• My marriage

• The Simpsons

• The walking dead

• More from Guys
    42

What Girls Said 43

• I don't wanna say Supernatural, cuz I still watch it but its getting kind of mehh... It used to be scary now it's just funny. And HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER!!! I wish they ended it where Barney stayed with Robin. It's such a disappointment how the character development was just lost and he just came back to being a player.

• Supernatural. :'( it ended at s5... but it got so popular that somehow it's on s14 now. DD: the first five seasons are still my favorite show to this day, but it honestly makes me sad to see where the show went. Just shows what people will do for an easy buck...

• How I Met Your Mother, should have ended the season before it did.
    Walking Dead, just bad story lines and they have diverged from the comic so much it isn't even the same plot line anymore. I won't watch the next season.
    Supernatural. Although I am a huge fan, its gotten to the point where the show is very predictable and they keep doing the same story.

• The walking dead is gonna be added to this list.
    They have no intention of ending the show for as long as they have viewers. Wtf is the point of watching if it’s just gonna drag and have repeated scenarios? I used to love TWD. I read a shit Ton of their comics too. But as the show strays further from the comics and gets more repetitive it’s just getting shittier.

• 4d

Plus they didn't kill Negan even after hell of a build up in the whole season, The show is just a walking dead now

• House
    The walking dead
    Once upon a time
    I feel these drug on too long and I kind of felt myself losing interest in them tbh.

• Honestly, Supernatural. I was a huge fan, I even mad a fan club at school to talk about Supernatural and what we thought, making predictions, etc.. But honestly I think it's time to end it.

• Once Upon A Time... it should have ended after the Peter Pan story line. Now most of the actors have quit.

• Spongebob. Today’s episodes are trash compared to the original episodes, they explain too many jokes because kids are dumb nowadays

• 4d

Damn really, that's sad..

• 4d

NOOOO!!! the eye rolls

• 4d

I know 😭😭😭

• The Simpsons~ as soon as characters started using new technology

• 4d

I feel like they should have killed that show the minute someone thought it would be a great idea to have Tony Blair guest starring.

• The Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Futurama (though I will admit I was sad to see it go)
    Bonanza (only familiar with it through reruns, but you can tell they were running out of ideas in the later seasons)
    Touched by and Angel (would have made a better made for TV movie than a series)
    Doctor Who (puts on asbestos lingerie)
    The Andy Griffith Show (should have ended after Don Knotts left)
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Big Bang Theory
    Hee Haw (impressive run, but they were recycling jokes and skits by the mid 80s)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the 80s version)
    The Rifleman
    Monk (loved the early seasons, by the later seasons they were running out of ideas)

• The Simpsons

I would also say Sherlock and Supernatural apply but they were never good to begin with so...

• Awkward. They should've canceled that after the third season.

• Grey’s Anatomy. Let it die, already lol.

Supernatural needs to stop, too. It was great until this whole war between heaven and hell bullshit.

• Supernatural, Grey's anatomy and definetly vampire diaries

• Some of these are still on, but really need to end: Malcolm in the Middle, The Simpsons, Modern Family.

• Hmmm... maybe Scandal? I was very disappointed with the series finale of that and feel like they lost there way probably in season 3.

• I know I'm over a decade late, but I just started to watch Lost. I made it to series three before giving up though... It's just ridiculous!

I have an awful awful feeling that WestWorld series 2 is going to ruin the amazing job they did with series 1.

Also, Hannibal the series... I felt they had to wrap up series three too quickly so it felt rushed which almost ruined the whole thing...

But as far as shit shows that should be dead by now The Walking Dead is seriously tedious. I only hung on in so I could see Carl die...

• Supernatural, Doctor Who, Glee. I dont watch many tv shows

• The Simpsons. As much I loved that show, I believe quality of the episode writing has gone down hill.

• spongebob is unwatchable in the later seasons
    the simpsons
    the walking dead
    pretty little liars

• The Big Bang Theory is in the top 5. It was totally ruined after the 4th season. The makers tried to copy Friends after that.

• Arrow, except for season 5 which was excellent. Season 4 was garbage and season 6 is meh

• Family Guy - it's my show and I love it forever but I feel like it's coming to an end...

• Pretty little liars

• Greys anatomy. My lord! Finish already!

• Supernatural. Still love it. Dont want it to end

• The Vampire Diaries.

• Two and a half men. Ashton sucks

• Heros

• Supernatural.

• More from Girls
    13