What should I say to a cutter to make his / her day better?

I have 2 friends and both cut and one of them burn. I feel bad for them. I rlly want to tell them something or to send them a video or something that will make their day better. I dont know what to send.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't do anything to make their day better if they are in the zone where they are going to self harm.

I have a friend that cuts and she can be happy and having a laugh but then cuts herself.

All you can do for your friends, like me with my friend, is be there when they need you.

Please don't send them a video or try to say something to make them feel better. If they are in the zone they will think you are being patronising and that could cause to self harm again.

Sorry I can't help more than that but it's how it is.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Just tell them that you're there. That they mean something to you. Make them feel wanted and appricated. I dont know why they cut. But when I had friends doing it, just a positive message from a friend sometimes helped.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not about saying. Don't try to talk them out of it. If you want to make their day better Just be there for them. Share things, discuss light or meaningful things, to be upset or mad at them for not being like you'd like them to be.
    Basically it is to completely forget about your ego and share some love. Unconditional love.

0|0
    0|0
  • A cutter, thought you were talking about people in war torn countries or a butcher movie character

0|0
    1|0
  • Nothing you say can help, sorry to be blunt, but it's the truth. What you can do is encourage them to seek professional help.

0|0
    0|0
    • I did that

• Show All
    • Sadly, they'll only listen if they really want help.

• Yeah. I know that

• Any sick new scars bro?

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't that go out in the early 2000's?

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont say nothing, just give them a huge hug

0|0
    0|0
  • Im lost what?

0|0
    0|0
    • They are suicideal.

• Show All
    • Oh i see

• They need the help you csnt provide i had a cutter before and i had a kid with her... And that stopped... Not saying to give em a kid but good luck

• R they male or female

0|0
    0|0
    • Both

• Show All
    • Send him the wang pic too then! Lol

• He s not gay. But i just have to be carefull with him because he cuts very deep. Like... he cuts them he repairs his skin with the needle

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes