Charmed fans: What are your thoughts on the Charmed reboot? Will you watch it?

I'm a big Charmed fan and I have all 8 seasons on dvd. When I heard about this new reboot, I wasn't sure what to think. Then when I read they were going to turn it into a quote " funny, feisty, feminist reboot", I realized then that I wouldn't be watching it. I love Charmed and this reboot is going to ruin a show that was already great, they should have just left it alone.

Here's a look at the reboot:

Updates:
The fans aren't the only ones upset by this reboot, so are the actresses that played in the original Charmed
www.yahoo.com/.../...ly-marie-combs-hopes-the.html

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The reboot is trash bro. Thoose girls can't act. It look like a show that would come on abc family bro.
    Not that charmed was frat acting in it self its just weird.
    The show hasn't even been gone for that long bro

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks like a crappy version of the witches of east end with the Charmed storyline. I loved charmed, but wouldn’t waste my time with this

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Big fan of the original series loved the sisters Shannon Doherty's leaving was a big loss but Rose McGowan made things new again and I was sceptical at first but came around the reboot has me feeling ready to re-watch the originals again not sure abut the new reboot but will watch the first just to see how it stacks up it has pretty big stiletto's to fill the original was amazing with big name bands playing hope the reboot does it justice

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I vaguely remember watching some of the original back when it was still on. As far as I can tell, the reboot does seem pretty unnecessary, especially when the original is on Netflix and it probably holds up pretty well considering it's not very old.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was never a fan of the show. But if any network can pull off such an odd reboot, it's the CW. They seem to give their writers a lot of freedom to be creative and they don't give up easily on a show when it doesn't immediately pull in high ratings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems pretty bad. I'd rather watch the old ones. I thought the special effects were awesome as a kid.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well not a huge fan or anything...
    But funny feisty feminist reboot?
    Wasn't it already a series with a female lead characters who battled evil and what not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Charmed was great until Alyssa Milano decided she'd rather be a political mouthpiece. I can't even watch the reruns now. She's completely ruined it for me.

0|0
    0|0
    • She's lived her whole life in a Hollywood bubble. You can't really knock when she's in an industry that requires you to be a liberal in order to get work.

• I love all movies/shows that are magic related but this one doesn't seem as good as lets say The Magicians. I'll give it a try but I'm not getting my hopes up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Much like Knight Rider and Macgyver I won't be watching this reboot either.

0|0
    0|0
  • WHAT!!! CHARMED REBOOT!!! Where and when?

1|0
    0|0
    • I can't see the video now but I will soon

• It could be good. It depends on the writing. It has promise but it also has a big potential to screw up. First of all, I don't feel any connection with the characters. They feel kind of bland to me but it also creates a tone, which could be good. The story seems to be a little scattered and I am curious how the reboot will bring everything back and or approach the original material. But if the original actresses are not behind it, that's probably not a good sign..

• looks awful

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks like trash. I love the original.

0|0
    0|0
  • First I’ve heard of it. I watched charmed back in the day. I’d give it a try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Loved the originals, but not only does it look like a dumb reboot, anything that uses that type of quote is going to suck majorly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I am torn. I love the sisters but I am not feeling the new trailer! I, too, have the box set DVDs of the original, by the way.

I'll probably watch the first season to see if it gets on my nerves to much or not. If it gets on my nerves too much, I have a feeling five episodes of the first season is all I'll manage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great, another of Hollywood's "feminist remakes". What a fucking joke. Do women not realize how bad this kind of shit makes them look?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• Nothing will beat the original <3 But I'll check out the trailer since I haven't heard anything about this. Is it gonna be with their daughters or sth?

0|0
    0|0
  • Loved Charmed and at least expected a spin off or segment of the original story with the children of the main characters. This show is a solid bucket of crap. Its so stupid that even the teaser is ridiculously boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was hard for me to get into the original and this just looks like some bootleg shit that I wouldn’t watch. So I’d have to pass.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to watch Charmed all the time with my mom when I was little! i still watch now. i haven't heard of the reboot, i'll surely be watching XD

0|0
    0|0
  • No most reboots are crap and this looks like one of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was never really into the show charmed, i saw some of it but i never watched it completely.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure, I'll give it ago but it will never be the same or replace Piper, Phoebe, Paige or Prue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I won't watch it, kinda looks more like comedy compared to the original Charmed

0|0
    0|0
  • I AGREE. I love the original they do not need to do a re-boot. I am BIG charmed fan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry. No way.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wrong and wrong!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I will watch it

0|0
    0|0
  • Never seen