Do you find female comedians funny?

Amy Schumer, Kathy Griffin, Sarah Silverman.
I don't find them funny at all. Not hating but male comedians are much more entertaining and funny.
Kathy Griffin has become a hateful woman, before she was just boring.

0|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Some comedians, yes. Some, no.

Like I don't generally find the "men are stupid lazy fat shlubs" kind of thing, and I'm generally not into the "White people are stupid lazy fat, racist shlubs"

The ones you've mentioned, I generally don't find them funny. Amy did one funny sketch that I'm aware of, so she CAN be funny (in the way a stopped clock is right twice a day), but I don't usually find her funny. Sarah Silverman has some talent (I did like her voice work in Wreck it Ralph), but again, I really don't find her funny, for the most part.

Kathy Griffin - no.

I mean all of these comedians just keep trying to push being crude and vulgar. It's not my thing, generally, whether male or female.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. What I don't get is people are so against "I hate men" jokes but are perfectly fine accepting "women are inferior to men jokes." Like, the same people who don't like jokes about being inferior aren't going to like the kind of people who think that. Like no shit? Also, I think it's harder for women comedians. Like when you judge a guy, it's a general, sure he's overall this level of attractiveness and his jokes correlate with this. For women, there's more emphasis on what specifically about her makes her attractive and whether her jokes Match up with what the more subjective levels of attractiveness if that makes sense.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 106

• I prefer male comedians

5|7
    0|0
  • Seen a few funny ones. Mostly just cued in on the ones in my own country. I could probably name 5 funny male comedians for each female though.
    My personal thought is that our (cultural?) inability to express and discuss emotions forces us to find other avenues. Most commonly humor.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are some I've found hysterical, but for the most part?
    Nah. Especially not any of the three listed.

Of course, there are male comedians who i think are about as funny as a hemorrhoid, but when it comes to comic genius, I think of men first.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, most are too agreeable, so they try not to offend people or try to compliment them. Or they try too hard to make jokes at people's and end up just dropping insults. I've never seen a woman try to be witty.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is harder for women to find them funny. Some of the jokes are about self worth, which is hard to laugh about when managing your own self esteem.

There are loads of jack arse male comedians that aren't funny to anyone who isn't also an arse.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are some decent female comedians, but none that I would laugh out loud from seeing a stand up of them. Sure some movies can be funny with some female comedians or actresses. But I often find male comedians funnier.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are female comedians that I think are funny, but the ones you mentioned aren't really female 'comedians' they're 'female comedians'.

I think the difference comes from self depreciation. I don't tend to see many female comedians who will take the mick out of themselves and it comes across as being condescending and arrogant to me rather than funny.

0|1
    0|0
  • Simply put, female comedians cater their shows to female audiences. Especially the three mentioned above. But this wasn't always the case. I used to like Schumer, and Silverman. But SOMEONE told them to change their whole audience to women and shit on men constantly. Men not getting that smelly vaginas are funny is simply a byproduct of them hating women, obviously.

0|1
    0|0
  • They try way to hard to be like Male comedians. Talking about sex and all that.. it just doesn't work when you talk about it in your standup, but then say it's a huge problem and your part of the #metoo movement. I know comedians should get a pass... but still tho

0|1
    0|0
  • Amy Schumer is the female Carlos Mencia. Kathy Griffin was never meant to be more than a TV host 'personality'. But I can get down with Sarah Silverman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sweden has a comedy group made up of seven members (six male, one female) and they have been active since 1982 and are still going strong. The female member is actually really funny, even if she hasn't WRITTEN a lot of their material (she has written SOME things, though), she's definitely amazing at performing everything with perfect comedic timing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't, especially the ones you listed.
    I just watched a special on netflix the other day of some Asian woman comedian. I smiled once, but not one laugh in the hour long special. She was mostly just talking about pregnancy and stuff.

The comedians I like are Tim Allen, Jay Leno, and others like that. I don't like the ones that sound hateful or that are real nasty in their jokes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree. I like Amy in movies, but as a stand up, I didn't like her. Griffiths is horrible! I can't remember their names but there were 2 female comedians I liked. But yes, not sexist here but the males win on that front for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • Its not that we dont find female comedians funny, its that Amy Schumer (using as an example) blatantly steals jokes from other comedians and makes 400 pussy jokes per comedy session. She is just unfunny in general. Female comedians can definitely be just as funny if not more funny than guy ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find funny comedians funny. I find unfunny comedians unfunny. It's pretty simple. Whether they're females or males doesn't matter. Most of my favorite comedians are male, if that's what you're asking.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree. I have nothing against women comedians, but the ones you listed I really am not into. The jokes are usually just snarkiness and that's not a funny personality for humor to me

0|0
    0|0
  • There are a handful of hilarious female comedians... but the three specific examples you provided are pretty awful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't Silverman the woman that said "Jews killed jesus, id do it again"?

Female comedians are funny but these three are not comedians, they are bad examples. Just leftist trash

0|0
    1|0
  • From the female comedians I've watched, I only end up laughing maybe three times throughout their entire show, that's bad. Prefer male comedians. Amy schumer is the worst. Her whole show is "my vagina" jokes, and... that's it. That's the show.

0|0
    0|0
  • here's something I've noticed. Some of the best writers and comedic producers are women (tina fey is my favorite) but for some reason it doesn't seem to translate well into the world of stand up

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 38

• None of the ones you mentioned are funny at all. Schumer tries too hard but can't get laughs, like someone must be pushing her career. Kathy Griffin is just... no. And Sarah Silverman is an arrogant jewish girl who reminds me too much of arrogant jewish girls I went to school with. Tina Fey is funny, though, and Roseanne is underrated. Ellen is probably the funniest comedienne by far.

0|3
    0|0
    • When schumer said she would do stand up comedy, everyone laughed. Well no one is laughing now

• There are many female comedians and comics I have loved. I have worked with some very funny female comedians.

I could do without Lisa Lampinelli, but there are 100s of others I've enjoyed.

1|2
    1|2
  • I tend to agree... I’ve noticed that female comedians are either more crude or just too man-hating for my general taste

0|4
    0|0
  • I don't know Kathy Griffin and Sarah Silverman, but Amy Schumer is one of the most unfunny comedian I've ever seen. Like, she litteraly stolen a joke from Ellen DeGeneres... And told it to Ellen onthe Ellen show.
    But there are really funny comedians. I don't know English speaking ones tho since I watch French ones.

0|2
    0|0
  • Some I do and some I don't. The generally whether male or female, I only like comedians that are naturally witty. I don't like the ones that make there career based off of making fun of people and dumb jokes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate Amy Schumer. She is just vulgar and awful.
    I do like women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Ellen DeGeneres and Betty White.

0|2
    0|0
  • a few of them, i think i remember sommore and Monique to be the funnest female comedians to me. But yeah Amy, Kathy, Sara, hell even Ellen, were never funny to me at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • The burden of being funny is placed on men for most of his life. He is encouraged to be funny. Women are only encouraged to be beautiful/pretty/hot. That doesn’t let her develop her personality traits properly

0|0
    0|0
  • They can be funny sometime, Amy was funny when she first came out and sometimes Kathy Griffin is funny.

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't find any comedians funny.. They try too hard

0|0
    1|1
  • Yes. No reason for them to be less or more funny than male comedians.

0|0
    0|1
  • Most of the female ones aren't very funny but I like the male ones! I can be really funny so maybe I should go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are funny female comedians and some who aren't. Don't think it has to do something with the gender

0|0
    0|0
  • It's rare to find an actual funny comedian, two comedians till now made me laugh, one female, one male. and in only few sketches

0|0
    0|0
  • Here are a few stand-up comedians that succeed in giving me a good laugh: Sandra Bernhard, Wanda Sykes, Ali Wong, Leslie Jones & Sarah Silverman.

Here is my current favorite all-around (film, stand-up or tv) female comedian:
    cdn.quotesgram.com/.../893959195-TinaFeyQuote.jpg
    TINA
    img2.timeinc.net/.../tina_fey.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • Jennifer Lawrence is the funniest celebrity out there. Together with Ryan Reynolds. I don’t care if she’s not a comedian.

0|0
    0|1
    • I literally find all my friends funnier than all female comedians I’ve ever watched. My friends would make great comedians

• I don’t find many male comedians funny for that matter either... except a bit Michael micontyre but not that much

• All of them started talking politics. Feel like I'm going to school.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes.. I think the Golden girls are funny, Ellen is funny and some others. I'm not a fan of stand up comedies.

0|1
    0|0
  • The ones you named? Not really. But yes, there are female comedians I find funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find comedians in general to be completely idiotic. I'm just not a comedy fan.

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes