Were Ross and Rachel “on a break”?

Updates:
I’ve heard a lot of people say cause Rachel never directly said they were on a break (just “I think we should take a break”) they therefore weren’t, whereas I’ve heard others say they were but it was no excuse for Ross to sleep with someone else straight away

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Tbh, freinds is the most depressing show, Ross gets bullied by his friend, disrespected the entire series all the while he's going after this woman who is impulsive and doesn't appreciate him. And people who watch typically bash Ross too.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ngl I always liked Ross, Rachel was alright, but couldn’t stand them together/when they were pining for each other (to the extent they tried to sabotage any chance the other had of being happy without them).

• I just hate the show because it glorifies being an idiot.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes they were on a fucking break. Rachel is the one who said it was a break. She needs to get her head fixed. Sex is a natural reaction to stress and sadness. Ross felt pain and so he reached out for comfort. No big deal.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• I think its isn't an excuse, its a reason.

Lets clear, take a break means take a break and its used to be said when you need changes, as you dont know which the results of those changes be, it means he can lose or not, but there isn't compromise on that gap.

No compromise, no cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they were on a break. I can see why she'd still be sad about it but it was her choice to back out and go on a break instead of just talking it through like an adult.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's so funny how this is a question... But umm I think both sides are right AND wrong... And they should forgive each other and make up

0|0
    1|0
  • She said they were on a break then spent years arguing that because he did something she didn't like on that break that they weren't on a break.

1|0
    1|0
  • yeah definitely, she even mentions later in the ep to Monica that as far as she is concerned they have broken up. Ross was right in my opinion.

0|0
    1|0
  • On a break means broken up. She was the one that wanted it that way.

0|1
    1|0
  • Foooooook i don't know, Foooooook

0|0
    1|0
  • That is considered a break up, they were broken up for a little bit

0|0
    0|0
  • Mistakes happen ross was drunk and as i know rachel hurted him so much

0|0
    1|0
  • who cares?

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• They were om a break. Didn't mean he had to sleep with someone else.

Isn't a break means having tome to oneself and think about how to improve the relationship? Not a free ticket to cheat and do whatever

0|0
    1|1
  • I honestly believe that they were both wrong. Ross never really gave Rachel a yes or no answer when she said "A break from us.". So... it wasn't a yes or a no, because he had walked out in frustration without giving an answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they were on a break.
    And no, you don't sleep with other people when you are on a break.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think Ross was more in the wrong.

They were on a break, yes, but the first thing that Ross do when on a break is hook up with a girl? Wtf

0|0
    0|1
  • Hahaha I guess they were man but still.. dick move from the Ross guy for being all jealous and after 5min on a break he bangs a whore.

0|0
    1|0
  • Technically yes. She left Ross not knowing whether they were together still.

0|0
    0|0
  • No break can mean 3 things
    1. Take a break to know if ya want this relationship etc
    2. Cheat
    3. Break up

0|0
    0|0
  • How I'm supposed to know? Never watched Friends and people still talk about it?

0|0
    1|0
  • PIVOT 😂😂😂😂

1|1
    0|0
    • 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• It sounded more like they were broken up.

0|2
    1|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes