Why are Japanese Animes Often Confusing, But American & European Cartoons Aren't?

curiousnorway
If you've watched Studio Ghibli's My neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Tales from Earthsea, you may understand what I'm talking about. Many things are quite confusing since there's no explanation and many questions are left unanswered. It may be thousands of things the author had in his mind that he couldn't tell in a properly way, so the watchers don't get that information.

European and North-American cartoons are more simple, straight forward and lesser confusing. I'm not only talking about Disney, but cartoons in general speaking. That includes family Guy and the Simpson, not only kid shows. #Cartoon #Anime #Confusing #Japanese

SPOILER:
In the earthsea anime we don't get to know why the main character kills his father, why he's sometimes two people and other times one person, who the girl is, how she could transform herself suddenly, if she was a witch, human or whatever, the bad guys backstory properly explained etc.

In Howl's moving castle we don't get to know why there's a war, what the point with Howl's slime is and a better explained backstory of the characters. The film tells nothing about how the characters met their friends etc.

In European and American shows things gets usually explained. Both the backstories, what's happening and so on. Even shows with either magic or sci-fiction technology has some logic in it although it's fiction and not possible in real life. Things don't happen without a reason. It's a "science" behind it.
Why are Japanese Animes Often Confusing, But American & European Cartoons Aren't?
Add Opinion