Rugrats is coming back for a Live Action movie and new series. Will you watch it?

Hollywood reporter is reporting the new Rugrats Series will be launching in 2019 and the Movie which will be live action with CGI babies will be released in November 2020.
The one problem I kinda have is a big number of the cast are dead like Stus voice and Chuckies orginal Voice
So are both of Grandpa Lou's voice actors and Susie's dad

1328

Most Helpful Girls

• I have never watchef anything and thought "gosh I wish this were in live action" but I have watched a ton of stuff and thought "this should be animated"

• I only like the original Nickelodeon show, I used to watch as a kid before Dil was born.

Most Helpful Guys

• I’m in a sense happy but hesitant. If it works and turns out to be decent, I’ll be glad that kids growing up have a show they can watch. Rugrats was an important part of my childhood growing up, so it’d be kinda cool to be able to share that experience with the newer generation. (Using the term “newer generation” makes me feel old by the way lmao) I remember seeing “Rugrats” on the channel preview always made me flip to the channel, because they had rewatch value and a certain charm to them.

However, I’m remembering back to the “All Grown Up.” That was honestly a disappoint for me. It missed the magic of the original show and felt just like an animated show over teenage angst. It felt, I don't know, just... lame.

Likewise, who knows if Nickelodeon is going to try and take a stance of preserving the original (and using the reboot as more of a new season than a new series). If they take the stance of making the series “fresh and updated,” I get the feeling it would become a completely different show. It would be not just a pale copy of the original, but a series that pisses off all the peeps who watched the series growing up.

I get a horrible inclination as well that the CGI movie is going to turn into a slapstick nightmare/low comedy special. Likewise, a CGI Tommy sounds absolutely terryfying. The babies aren’t particularly proportional, so making them CGI gets them one step closer to lifelike, which is just going to make them look super deformed. Granted, I haven’t seen any trailer for it, so I’ll reserve final judgement ‘till then.

• from what I heard Dil and Kimi aren't even gonna be a part of the new reboot

• Whether a TV show or movie is adapted from a box, cartoon strip, comic box etc and it is animated then it should stay that way.
    Are they going to be as babies/toddlers or pre teen/teenages as they were in All Grown Up?