Rugrats is coming back for a Live Action movie and new series. Will you watch it?

Hollywood reporter is reporting the new Rugrats Series will be launching in 2019 and the Movie which will be live action with CGI babies will be released in November 2020.
Updates:
The one problem I kinda have is a big number of the cast are dead like Stus voice and Chuckies orginal Voice
So are both of Grandpa Lou's voice actors and Susie's dad

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I have never watchef anything and thought "gosh I wish this were in live action" but I have watched a ton of stuff and thought "this should be animated"

0|1
    0|0
  • I only like the original Nickelodeon show, I used to watch as a kid before Dil was born.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I’m in a sense happy but hesitant. If it works and turns out to be decent, I’ll be glad that kids growing up have a show they can watch. Rugrats was an important part of my childhood growing up, so it’d be kinda cool to be able to share that experience with the newer generation. (Using the term “newer generation” makes me feel old by the way lmao) I remember seeing “Rugrats” on the channel preview always made me flip to the channel, because they had rewatch value and a certain charm to them.

However, I’m remembering back to the “All Grown Up.” That was honestly a disappoint for me. It missed the magic of the original show and felt just like an animated show over teenage angst. It felt, I don't know, just... lame.

Likewise, who knows if Nickelodeon is going to try and take a stance of preserving the original (and using the reboot as more of a new season than a new series). If they take the stance of making the series “fresh and updated,” I get the feeling it would become a completely different show. It would be not just a pale copy of the original, but a series that pisses off all the peeps who watched the series growing up.

I get a horrible inclination as well that the CGI movie is going to turn into a slapstick nightmare/low comedy special. Likewise, a CGI Tommy sounds absolutely terryfying. The babies aren’t particularly proportional, so making them CGI gets them one step closer to lifelike, which is just going to make them look super deformed. Granted, I haven’t seen any trailer for it, so I’ll reserve final judgement ‘till then.

0|0
    0|0
    • from what I heard Dil and Kimi aren't even gonna be a part of the new reboot

• Whether a TV show or movie is adapted from a box, cartoon strip, comic box etc and it is animated then it should stay that way.
    Are they going to be as babies/toddlers or pre teen/teenages as they were in All Grown Up?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Oh wow
    Hmmm maybe I will

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes for a cartoon series
    CGI movie? Sure I’d watch it, sounds terrible though lol

0|1
    0|0
  • May be? I am a very busy woman so ill see when the time comes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Interesting... To say the least. I'm sure I'll give it a look.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Everytime a new series comes out aside from an original, it always sucks.

1|1
    0|0
  • That sounds both terrifying and disappointing all at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. I'm curious about it

0|1
    0|0
  • New series always end up disappointing me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if it will work

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Whyyyy

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 26

• I don't know. Rugrats is associated with a lot of childhood memories for me. I'm worried it's going to be a massive disappointment like "Riverdale". I would check it out out of curiosity though, and if it's good, then I'll definitely get onto watching it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Aw cmon nah.. CGI babies.. LMAO.. They doin too much.. But, I might.. if it looks good enough..

0|1
    0|0
    • Well, maybe they'll find people who resemble those voices..

• Most of the babies are still alive as well as the adult voices

• True.. Well they could find some similar voice actors and it should be... Good enough.. LOL.. Although it's sad about the gone voice actors..

• How? CGI babies or something? How are you supposed to have a live action Rugrats? Are they teens at this point? Like All Grown Up? Why is Hollywood doing this?

I don't understand it man. No one is asking for these things...

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, no.
    Unconditionally no. That sounds terrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • god no... it'll be fucking shit.

most things on tv are terrible these days...

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofc that was my show besides recess and ed, edd and eddy and rocket power

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow. That's retarded. I hope it massively crashes and burns.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds awful, and this is coming from a fan of the original show

0|0
    0|0
  • No, there's no way it can be on the same level as the originals. Sequels and spinoffs never work

0|0
    0|0
  • Would like to see it, yeah.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not the movie maybe the cartoon

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the original though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like Rugrats.. so probably no..

0|0
    0|0
  • Does that mean more Dr Lipshits?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds terrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh god no please stop ruining my childhood!

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad idea

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol sounds like a bad idea already

0|0
    0|0
  • hell no

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t ruin a good show