Why is Amber Rose viewed as a hoe while Rihanna is not?

I don't get it. They're both in the industry and they both have dated around extensively. Amber Rose is a fashion icon, so is Rihanna. Both their styles are daring and challenge the norms of beauty. They both have tattoos and they're both outspoken and talented, yet Amber Rose is dissed while Rihanna is held up as an example. How are the two that different when they both do very similar things?

719

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends on how they hold and handle themselves in public. Is amber rose more bold in public appearances or is there anything significant about her public appearances that is different from Rihanna's?

• Well, she did start her career as a stripper. She is more outspoken about showing her body but the actual showing part doesn't differ greatly from Rihanna's.

• I just wonder if being a stripper is a stigma for women and not for men... and being open about showing off her body might also play a role but this is all assumptions because only Hollywood knows the scoop but it might be something to follow Hollywood news on her and read between the lines, like not looking at the main article or headline but something like Bono commented "blank" those comments might be the diamond in the rough

• Thanks for the MHG!!!

• Well Amber Rose claim to fame was dating Kanye West and posting sexy pictures online. Where as Rihanna made her name by being a super talented singer/performer. So because of this, many respect Rihanna, and look down at Amber.

• But Rihanna has had a number of men too. She shows her body and has crazy hair styles. Amber is more political than Rihanna. She has her own brand and written a book.

• Why does that make a difference if you then proceed to put out good stuff

Most Helpful Girls

• Amber Rose started out as a stripper. She's linked to more guys than Rihanna and she's trashier. She's from my hometown and she likes to think that she's better than others. Rihanna entered the industry as an actual artist and though she has also had her trashy moments, she has made power moves.

• How does being a stripper not qualify you for breaking into better territory? Sex work is work like any other. It's only when we insist on stigmatizing a person for their past that this becomes an issue.

• Would definitely recommend it. Lots of history here. Lots of cool places. Great food. I wrote a couple MyTakes about the city.

• Alright👍