Why is Amber Rose viewed as a hoe while Rihanna is not?

I don't get it. They're both in the industry and they both have dated around extensively. Amber Rose is a fashion icon, so is Rihanna. Both their styles are daring and challenge the norms of beauty. They both have tattoos and they're both outspoken and talented, yet Amber Rose is dissed while Rihanna is held up as an example. How are the two that different when they both do very similar things?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends on how they hold and handle themselves in public. Is amber rose more bold in public appearances or is there anything significant about her public appearances that is different from Rihanna's?

1|0
    0|0
    • Well, she did start her career as a stripper. She is more outspoken about showing her body but the actual showing part doesn't differ greatly from Rihanna's.

• Show All
    • I just wonder if being a stripper is a stigma for women and not for men... and being open about showing off her body might also play a role but this is all assumptions because only Hollywood knows the scoop but it might be something to follow Hollywood news on her and read between the lines, like not looking at the main article or headline but something like Bono commented "blank" those comments might be the diamond in the rough

• Thanks for the MHG!!!

• Well Amber Rose claim to fame was dating Kanye West and posting sexy pictures online. Where as Rihanna made her name by being a super talented singer/performer. So because of this, many respect Rihanna, and look down at Amber.

4|1
    0|0
    • But Rihanna has had a number of men too. She shows her body and has crazy hair styles. Amber is more political than Rihanna. She has her own brand and written a book.

• Show All
    • Why does that make a difference if you then proceed to put out good stuff

Most Helpful Girls

• Amber Rose started out as a stripper. She's linked to more guys than Rihanna and she's trashier. She's from my hometown and she likes to think that she's better than others. Rihanna entered the industry as an actual artist and though she has also had her trashy moments, she has made power moves.

2|0
    0|0
    • How does being a stripper not qualify you for breaking into better territory? Sex work is work like any other. It's only when we insist on stigmatizing a person for their past that this becomes an issue.

• Show All
    • Would definitely recommend it. Lots of history here. Lots of cool places. Great food. I wrote a couple MyTakes about the city.

• Alright👍

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Tss.. Well I know that Rihanna is not a conventional singer.. LMAO.. She basically similar to Selena Gomez... Can hold a note to pop music, but not actually a real singer.. But, to answer yo question Cause I think Amber Rose came from bein a stripper and ish.. While Rihanna is a singer/entertainer..

1|0
    0|0
  • Welllllllll Rihanna isn`t bragging or going about her day to day life showing her body etc etc etc you get the point. So i guess that`s why Amber is being viewed more as a hoe rather than Rihanna.

Hoeing is literally how Amber Rose lives her life.

And Amber rose is not a fashion icon,. Where did you get that from tho?

0|0
    0|0
    • Rihanna is showing plenty of her body. And she doesn't come off as more modest. Calling yourself a bad bitch is practically everybody's brand nowadays.

• Well, yeah I don't know. lol

• They don't challenge the norms of beauty lol! They look like every other celebrity that doesn't know how to wear clothes that fit!

Rihanna isn't as big a slut because she hasn't been seen acting in the same way Amber Rose does. I'm not a fan Rihanna, though I was when I was in middle school, and I don't like the sexualization that so many people now see with celebrities. Things kids watch and listen to all the time. it's wrong.

1|0
    0|0
  • After googling a little bit to figure out who the fuck Amber Rose is, I found that she started stripping at 15. So maybe that has something to do with it?

1|1
    0|0
  • Cos amber rose is open about fucking anyone with a status. Rhinnna is a bit descret about her shit

1|0
    0|0
    • So you can fuck around if you're discreet about it

• Show All
    • Lmao i never called you a hoe. I don't even know you to call you a hoe. I think your understanding of what i said isn't accurate

• Hey i'd love to stay around and chat to you. But i don't think your understanding is up to part. Maybe it's a non English culture thing. Either way take care... of your profile pic lol

• I don't know much about Amber Rose but nobody stands up to Rihanna.

2|1
    1|0
  • Because Amber Rose is hot and has a beautiful ass. Have u seen her walk away? OMFG. I'd knock em both down

0|0
    0|0
  • I view Rihanna as a ho. At least in the vernacular.

1|0
    0|1
  • And Miley Cyrus is attacked for doing exactly what Amber and Rihanna do? 😂 😂 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t watch the news or pay attention to this kind of stuff but yea it’s crazy

0|0
    0|0
  • Both are terrible in my opinion.

2|1
    0|0
  • Who the hell is Amber Rose

3|0
    0|0
  • WTF is Amber Rose?

0|0
    0|0
  • They handle themselves in public differently.

0|0
    0|0
  • both are generic pop "icons"...

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s just their general mannerisms as a person. In addition to that it’s hard to see Amber Rose getting to her position in life without fucking for it as opposed to Rihanna. Maybe they both did or didn’t but it doesn’t appear that way. Not to mention how exceptionally hard it is to identify a non sex related talent that Amber Rose has that could’ve brought her to this point in life unlike Rihanna. You could claim fashion but I mean getting your name on a brand isn’t the same as building your name with a brand. You say Amber’s talented but no one I know would know what she’s talented in.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh wait she dances. Well strips. It’s kinda hard to call that a talent since a strippers unlike say ballet dancers don’t get payed to dance without capitalizing on sex. So I mean I guess it’s a talent but it’s definitely not helping the hoe vibes.

• Show All
    • While I definitely agree that ripping people off for money is not good, finding sponsorship is an actual skill that deserves mention like any other. There are enough people who support her for there to be something of value, and her life experience might very well benefit someone. Jackie Onassis wasn't known for anything else than being from a prominent French family, charity events and being the wife of the men she married. Just because her dress style differs and she comes from a rougher background doesn't mean she doesn't have anything of worth to contribute. Most first wives are known only for who they married.

• I don’t like Jackie Onassis specifically because that’s all she ever did and I never quite understood why she was held in such high regard.

• Don't know... focusing on some of the more important problems in the world right now... like the actions of a treasonous, idiotic president...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• You lost me at Ambe Rose is talented. A ho? Yes. Talented? Where?

And um where have u been? I've heard people called Rihanna a ho several times. Don't forget they said she gave Jay Z "head" to get "ahead".

2|2
    0|0
    • Gave Jay Z head to get ahead.. LMAO... Probably did, cause she can't sing.. XD

• @JDavid25 Lol yea u should know about my little humor by now lol and I like her music but she cannot sing. Her stage presence has improved though.

• Yeah, you got that sneak it in type humor.. LOL.. & Yeah I agree witchu..

• Rihanna has a sexually transmitted disease that she caught from one her sex partners and gave to Chris Brown which is why Chris Brown beat her up and also why she and drake had to eventually break up. She could not go forever without having sex with Drake and would eventually have to tell him about her sexually transmitted disease. Its also why she is no longer active on the celebrity dating seen.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wasn't aware of that mainly because I barely know anything about Amber Rose but that's definitely bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • Rihanna is more sexy and rihanna's voice is more beautiful. I find Rihanna more successful

1|1
    0|0
    • Great answer. Straight to the point. You nailed it 😂 don't we love it when people answer everything but the question 😅

• No offense but nobody really looks at Amber Rose as a fashion Icon. Most people just know her because of her bald hair look and bold actions. Like sleeping around, strippping, and I heard she has some slut walk thing going on somewhere. Don't even get me started on that bullshit. Rihanna on the other hand get's all my respect because despite her being bold and taking interst in different men. She's said on several acconts she is working on her life and she isn't looking for a man. while Amber has no bones about saying she'd fuck a lot of men just because.

Not only that but she has waaaay more successes than Amber by a long shot. To me that matters quite a bit. People are more able to let things go when they see the person doing well in life and not letting their sex life be all that makes them Rihanna's Fenty Beauty, singing career, and her acting has been amazing lately. I like the fact that she stays herself but is very flexible and professional when need be. She is also really intelligent, Amber to me comes off as a bimbo or damaged person from a fucked up childhood.

0|1
    0|0
    • That may be so, but for being a bimbo she has quite the following, is the author of a book and has her own brand/foundation.

Recommended myTakes