How to photograph crystals?

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T5i EOS 700D camera and I have been trying to photograph a dress made with swarovski crystals, but I’ve had a hard time capturing their sparkle & shine. I’ve tried diffusing light, direct light, natural light, dark backgrounds and yet it has not work. The dress is similar to “Rihana’s crystal dress” . I’d appreciate any help and tips! Thank you How to photograph crystals?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Have you tried adjusting the ISO and the shutter speed?

1|0
    0|0
    • Don’t get me wrong, am not an expert photographer so I have to ask, how does the speed influence in what you capture?

• The easiest way for me to explain it is what I know which is basic aviation photography. For me if I do 1/250 I can capture rotor and prop blur, if I do 1/1000 I can capture jet wash. It gives the camera more time to capture what is happening Infront of it

• Maybe the crystals on rhiannas dress were real and therefor gave a better sparkle...

0|0
    0|0
    • The ones used on the dress are also authentic, that’s why is important to capture their real sparkle. Highly doubt that is the issue dear 😊

• Bomba clart

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes