Do you think the Doctor on 'Doctor Who' should be a man?

I'm curious what people think. People assume that anyone who says making the Doctor a woman is a misogynist but I think most of them are just against any kind of major change. I know that's ironic since the doctor is constantly changing but up til now he's always been changing into a man, this is a massive change.
  • Making the Doctor a woman was a good idea
  • I'm against the idea but I'll watch before judging
  • I'll watch before judging but right now it's 50/50
    Vote C
  • Totally against this, I will not be watching until the Doctor is a man again
    Vote D

1035

Most Helpful Girls

• I’m very much neutral. I’m in favour of the casting because I think the actress is incredible and see no reason why the doctor couldn’t be played by a woman. Not a big deal at all. I don’t think it’s like this amazing groundbreaking thing either though

• The Doctor has always wanted to regenerate into a woman. Or a ginger. Perhaps the next regeneration will be a ginger woman!

Most Helpful Guys

• Most of the opposition is probably due to what you claim. Most fanboys, after all, are remarkably immature individuals, so they will get huffy and puffy over every change. Indeed, I'd say that fan reaction to any new Doctor has included great hostility at first.

• I agree but I also agree with some of the other people on here. This change wasn't for the story, it was to appease the SJW's. Ordinarily I wouldn't have a problem with a female lead, in fact I was a huge fan of the Sarah Jane adventures and am looking forward to the spin-off "Jenny" with the Doctors daughter but they made a good choice for ALL the wrong reasons which is why most fans have a problem with it. Doctor Who should just leave politics out of it because they make it painfully cringy and obvious what they're doing. To me I noticed this when Billy was telling EVERYONE who would listen that she's a lesbian like a vegan.

A good way of doing this would've been how they did it with Alonso the midshipman or Captain Jack. They didn't need to announce they were gay entering a room, it was just normal.

• You sound butthurt and whiny.

• My opinion doesn't match any of the options, so I didn't vote.
    To me, it doesn't matter whether the Doctor is a man or woman, whether he is white or black or Asian or Hispanic.
    I just want to see a really good story and good character development. The Doctor being a woman or not being white has no effect on whether the story is good or not.
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but I thought Mofatt's run was quite good, and I'm reserving my opinion on Chibnall until he's got a couple more series under his belt.