What Do You Think About The Addams Family (WHY)?

I finds it entertaining! : )
What Do You Think About The Addams Family (WHY)?
#AddamsFamily #Addams #Poll
  • I like it (WHY)
    Vote A
  • I don't like it (WHY)
    Vote B
  • Other (Explain What and Why)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• They're creepy and they're kooky,
    Mysterious and spooky,
    They're altogether ooky,
    The Addams family!

I certainly have a fondness for the franchise. The old black-and-white TV series, the cartoons, the movies, the newer TV series... the stage musical wasn't as good, but it had its moments.

I suppose I like the Addams Family because they're so unashamedly themselves. They're macabre and creepy and dark, but they're also loving, accepting and always there for each other. Gomez and Morticia have one of the healthiest marriages in pop culture.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends what we're talking about: The cartoon? Sometimes it worked, sometimes I wasn't huge into it. I didn't get a LOT of opportunities to see a huge amount of them. They were much like the other New Yorker cartoons. Seemed a little hit and miss sometimes. But overall, I do enjoy the comics as a whole.

The 1960's TV show? It's a classic, and there have been some genuinely funny moments, but it seems like the same kind of jokes on repeat. Astin I think was best, especially with certain expressions and mannerisms. I did enjoy Jackie Coogan's work on the show.

The 70's animated series? Not my thing.

Addams Family and Addam's Family Values movies in the early 90's were great. I still quote certain parts of those movies. The name "Debbie" still makes me chuckle because of the line "Debbie... makes me think of... unnecessary surgery!" makes me laugh every time. I quote the bit with "Uncle Knickknack" whenever I have to clean out my closet or my parents wardrobe. Whenever it's Girl Scout cookie season, I ask this from the parents selling for their kids (I don't do it to the kids), or when my family gets them.

Those movies were the best versions, in my humble opinion.

Then there were some animated series' a few direct to video films (Tim Curry was ok, but the films were not as good as the Raul Julia ones.)

Never saw the Broadway play, or the other cartoons - I hear they may be rebooting with another animated movie soon. Time will tell on if it looks good.

0|0
    0|0
  • The first movie was great - Raul Julia was fantastic in it. The second one was not nearly as good.

But a side bonus was that the movie spawned the best (and not surprisingly, the best selling) pinball game of all time.

I was working in a pizza place when the Aadam's Family pinball game was released, and it had a ton of great dialog, music, and sound effects samples, and it was so popular that it stopped taking coins after 2 and a half weeks. The game company came to fix it, and the problem was that the coin catcher was completely full to overflowing, and when they tried to lift it out, the lid came off and they spilled quarters everywhere. It took them several hours to pick them all up.

It was their most expensive machine and it paid for itself in a month.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• I like them because they showed me the world of cool gothic stuff and that you don't have to be normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it and I can tell you exactly why, it's kind of crude and dark it's not exactly my cup of tea. The show is a little bit old outdated, personally I just prefer newer things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only liked the 90s version. Tried watching the original but I don't like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never watched it. I heard about it a lot but never watched it *-*

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been loving The Addams Family since I was like nine. They're just so unique and I love their sense of humour.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to love them! The hand a. k. a "Thing" was my favourite family member.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never got too watch the movie so I don’t really have a good opinion on your question sorry

0|0
    0|0
  • Never cared for them

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely love the darkly inclined aestheitc.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never seen it

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked the original TV Series, the movie sucked

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it because I find Wednesday funny

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny and weird. I like the dark humor.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're okay

0|0
    0|0
  • They kinda weird

0|0
    0|0
  • I watched when I was small. I really like :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it because I think I belong with them

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven’t ever watched it 🙈🙈

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what it is.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• I just love Raul Julia. I miss him a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCq5tfSGj28

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm looking for a relationship like Gomez and Morticia.

2|0
    0|0
  • I like it. :) But I haven't seen it in forever... I'll have to see if it's on Netflix or something lol. The boys would love it!

0|0
    0|0
  • They are awesomeee, i still remember i used to watch the cartoon of this on cartoon network, when i was a kid

0|0
    0|0
  • Just the 90's movie/s? I had a crush on Ricci then.. Lloyd was a terrible Fester. I enjoyed the old 60's tv show more on the days I skipped school.

0|0
    0|0
  • It helps you keep an open mind about things instead of being close-minded so you can understand others

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely funny. Super catchy song, too. Always gets me snapping with it. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • They support each other. The parent love knows no end

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a funny and sometimes creepy show that I watched religiously when I was little.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was a good show to watch when I was a kid. It was funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • They were a true family. They loved each other to death. And beyond.

0|0
    0|0
  • Awesome crazy family

0|0
    0|0
  • Good movie and hilarious.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably a show I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • I like them. Mortricia is sexy

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude I loved them when I was younger

0|0
    0|0
  • I loved the play

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the Addams Family from the 60's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Movie or old TV series.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm talking about all of it. You can mention the TV-series, the movies, the musical and the concept itself. It's up to you.

• One of the best films ever as a kid

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes