What Do You Think About The Addams Family (WHY)?

I finds it entertaining! : )
#AddamsFamily #Addams #Poll
  • I like it (WHY)
  • I don't like it (WHY)
  • Other (Explain What and Why)
    Vote C

2129

Most Helpful Girls

• They're creepy and they're kooky,
    Mysterious and spooky,
    They're altogether ooky,
    The Addams family!

I certainly have a fondness for the franchise. The old black-and-white TV series, the cartoons, the movies, the newer TV series... the stage musical wasn't as good, but it had its moments.

I suppose I like the Addams Family because they're so unashamedly themselves. They're macabre and creepy and dark, but they're also loving, accepting and always there for each other. Gomez and Morticia have one of the healthiest marriages in pop culture.

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends what we're talking about: The cartoon? Sometimes it worked, sometimes I wasn't huge into it. I didn't get a LOT of opportunities to see a huge amount of them. They were much like the other New Yorker cartoons. Seemed a little hit and miss sometimes. But overall, I do enjoy the comics as a whole.

The 1960's TV show? It's a classic, and there have been some genuinely funny moments, but it seems like the same kind of jokes on repeat. Astin I think was best, especially with certain expressions and mannerisms. I did enjoy Jackie Coogan's work on the show.

The 70's animated series? Not my thing.

Addams Family and Addam's Family Values movies in the early 90's were great. I still quote certain parts of those movies. The name "Debbie" still makes me chuckle because of the line "Debbie... makes me think of... unnecessary surgery!" makes me laugh every time. I quote the bit with "Uncle Knickknack" whenever I have to clean out my closet or my parents wardrobe. Whenever it's Girl Scout cookie season, I ask this from the parents selling for their kids (I don't do it to the kids), or when my family gets them.

Those movies were the best versions, in my humble opinion.

Then there were some animated series' a few direct to video films (Tim Curry was ok, but the films were not as good as the Raul Julia ones.)

Never saw the Broadway play, or the other cartoons - I hear they may be rebooting with another animated movie soon. Time will tell on if it looks good.

• The first movie was great - Raul Julia was fantastic in it. The second one was not nearly as good.

But a side bonus was that the movie spawned the best (and not surprisingly, the best selling) pinball game of all time.

I was working in a pizza place when the Aadam's Family pinball game was released, and it had a ton of great dialog, music, and sound effects samples, and it was so popular that it stopped taking coins after 2 and a half weeks. The game company came to fix it, and the problem was that the coin catcher was completely full to overflowing, and when they tried to lift it out, the lid came off and they spilled quarters everywhere. It took them several hours to pick them all up.

It was their most expensive machine and it paid for itself in a month.