What Do You Think About Zombie Genre, Why?

Please explain why you likes or dislikes it. #Zombie #Poll #Discussion
  • I likes it
    Vote A
  • I dislikes it
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I flipping love zombies!! My family have been lovers of all horror movies since as long as I have been born. Demons, murderers, you name it, I love it. Zombies to me are a classic, you got your night of the living dead zombies (1968) slow, dumb, not so scary, then there are your 28 days later zombies, fast and down right scary. Either way, depending how they are used, I can love or hate them. There's a lot of dumb zombie movies out there, and some awesome ones as well. Ill always go see a good zombie movie! I was that kid that would came up with ideas to survive a zombie outbreak lol

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I dislike it, because it is usually done wrong.

I like video games. I would love a zombie game where the object wasn't to fight through hordes, etc, and instead focused on one thing: survival.

You need tools. You need shelter and water and food and weapons. You need fire. If possible, you need electricity. You need medicine.
    And to avoid going crazy, and to lighten a work load, you need other people.
    Getting all of these things can be dangerous. Some other people are a threat. Zombies could stumble on your base. There should be combat options, but the game should also make you feel like engaging in combat is a bigger risk than what you get out of it, and encourage you to risk your character staying hungry rather than risk a fight.

My problem with the zombie games (and usually other media) is that the focus is either zombie combat against endless waves... or zombies just being an ever existing outside threat while dealing with the interpersonal drama.
    And I would rather play a game where I start as a lone survivor, with almost nothing, and over game play develop into a guy leading a successful compound of people who might have a real future.
    There is room for combat there, and drama of course... but I don't like those as the focus.

And the few games I've experienced that follow how I like it?
    Have this weird level system. Close to home is safe but low resources. The further you go, you get higher level (and very weird) zombie types, but also find random high end stuff in places that make no sense (like... an AK-47 in a gas station bathroom...) that combine to take out any realism.

My least favorite mechanic is the endless hoard, especially when they swarm your base every other night and test your defenses, and stuff like that.
    So, I live in an area code that has around 300,000 residents.
    Imagine a world that put you down in a map that had urban, rural, and suburban areas. Farms and stores and homes and industry... etc. A few hundred square miles. And 299,999 NPCs... and you. somewhere between 1% and 15% of the NPCs are human, the rest are zombies.
    Your goal is to survive, thrive, and find other people.
    Other people that the zombies could easily have killed when you find them. Or, with randomly generated personalities, could be fiercely loyal, or sociopaths, or anywhere in between.

Travel, find, build, survive, thrive.
    THAT is what I want. And nothing delivers anything close.

0|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely adore the Zombie genre in any form. It's my top form of horror. I not sure why I like it so much I'm guessing it's has to do with the pure chaos of it all. Everyone is in their own, no one is safe, survival of the fittest and personal strength.

would I want one to happen? hell yeah I do but its not realistic and more than likely immediately get killed off.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I generally like them. I like the walking dead, and I like playing zombie games (left for dead is fun bc it's friends playing)

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it interesting. I sometimes wonder what it would be like if that really happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it, it's too bloody and violent for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the zombie books and did watch Izombie on Netflix for a while

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the zombie genre. It's probably my favorite

0|0
    0|0
  • I like jt

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t care for it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a genre, it's actually a sub-genre of horror genre.

0|1
    0|0
    • And yeah, I like it.

What Guys Said 17

• It's alright.
    My zombie plan.
    Combine harvester
    Is moves faster than zombies doesn't need ammo and can chew up and destroy zombies at a quick rate.
    Can farm for biofuels to fuel it.

0|0
    0|0
  • The dead rise from their graves to feast on the flesh of the living. What's not to like? Of course like any genre it can be done well or badly.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's really overdone in my opinion and I'm hoping the next entertainment media fad is more interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • its okay. I never did understand how the slow type of zombies manages to spread so far they are not hard to kill

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it. Something cool about a living dead girl. Izombie is my favorite.

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose I love it because you get to see the phycology of your friends and family being zombies

0|0
    0|0
  • It has been done to "death".

:D

0|0
    0|0
  • Neutral

0|0
    0|0
  • Been overdone to death now.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's been done to death.

0|0
    0|0
  • Boring pointless gruesomeness.

0|0
    0|0
  • dont like. they are all uninteresting to me

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s getting old and far over used.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the movie

0|0
    0|0
  • Its getting a bit overused.

0|0
    0|0
  • Overused

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy it because after he movie or series you think what would I do in that situation and then sometimes I scare myself by thinking that tomorrow might be an apocalypse and I’ll be asleep

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes