Who do you think is the best Bond, James Bond?

This poll doesn't include the one- off Bond David Niven or the blond Bond, I simply don't see Bond blond so I haven't watched those movies either, so if you want to vote blond Bond please leave immediately :P and make your own question with the blond Bond lol :D

• Sean Connery
  • George Lazenby
  • Roger Moore
    Vote C
  • Timothy Dalton
    Vote D
  • Pierce Brosnan
    Vote E
007
Ian Fleming
books
~ Casino Royale , Live and Let Die, Diamonds Are Forever, From Russia, with Love <3 , The Diamond Smugglers, Dr. No , Goldfinger, For Your Eyes Only, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Thrilling Cities , You Only Live Twice, Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang, The Man with the Golden Gun, Octopussy and The Living Daylights.

Hoagy Carmichael

Harry Saltzman, Albert R. "Cubby" Broccoli

2453

Most Helpful Girls

• I always loved Sean Connery. Although his character is more “raw” and not as naturally sophisticated or classy as Roger Moore, he’s charismatic and it’s easy to imagine he’d indeed be very popular with any lady he would take the effort to charm, which is after all the trademark of James Bond. He can be either soft and caring as he can be very cold. He’s also a believable character in terms of rational intelligence and strength. Even his quirks and mischiefs, it was somehow believable that he would put his life on the line on one second, and then next thing just ignore his orders and go on a completely different direction, enjoying his sweet time.

In comparison, Roger Moore was always more posed, more British and I suppose cooler. He was also very popular, if not more popular than Connery but, to me, he wasn’t as charming and lacked the small glimpses of humanity (for better or worse) that we sometimes saw with Connery. Things seemed a bit more scripted.
    Sadly to me, many of the plots of his movies were probably more interesting than Connery’s, haha.

Most Helpful Guys

• the thing with your choice of the best bond, is that it's usually the one you grew up with. So whichever actor played bond in the first bond film you saw or played him most prominently when you were a kid.

Personally for me it was pierce brosnan in Goldeneye. But my personal favourite is probably casino royale with Daniel Craig. Great film but I hate Daniel Craig as James Bond, he cuts about looking like a fish.

• True words, first Bond movie I watched was with Roger Moore and later on I mainly identified Bond with Pierce Brosnan interpretation of the character. So there's that.
      About Craig, I am not sure about the fish part but I just don't see him as James Bond, simply like that. Maybe he is more cut for some lover ranking mafia guy, a street soldier or whatever, or some other characters. He would be one of my last choices to play James Bond, of all the contemporary actors.
      So just yesterday they confirmed that Craig will probably play 007 one more time and the next one it could be Idris Elba or another actor of African descent

edition.cnn.com/.../index.html

• I chose Roger Moore over Sean Connery because I think he pulls of the suave sophisticate slightly better. I don't rate the newer ones as being anywhere near the same level.