What do you think about today's music?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Crap for the most part, with some exceptions. Notice there are no lyrics anymore!! It's just the same phrase over and over. And sometimes not even that! Just "oowwee awwee" over and over lol

1|0
    0|0
    • And it all sounds the same too. Nobody is unique anymore. Everyone sounds like everyone else.

• If you mean “today’s music” as in the sense of music that is modern, I think it’s perfectly fine. There are plenty of bands that I have found that I enjoy.

I think a popular misconception people get is that music genres die out. However, I would argue that they don’t die out— they’re just less popular / harder to find. For instance, I found a local kickass band that, in my opinion, kinda sounded like Megadeth at their prime.

It’s not like you’ll find a top 40 band that sounds like Megadeth nowadays, but it is just a matter of knowing where to search for that sound. As for myself, a fan of prog metal, there are plenty of bands out there that I enjoy. Likewise, there has been sort of a resurgence of prog metal in the community as of recent years with bands like Periphery, so I have found plenty of material that I listen to on a regular basis.

If, by “today’s music,” you actually are strictly referring to modern pop though, I’d say I’m iffy on it. Pop has sort of diverged into two main categories from what I can tell. One side has blended with hip hop or is just straight up rap. The other side has kept some slight rock elements but has added stuff like electronic or even dance elements in the mix (i. e. Ed Sheeran).

I like some of the latter cateogory’s stuff, but I’m picky. I generally quite dislike the former category. My chances of liking the song go up more if the instruments are analog (i. e. piano, acoustic guitar) or classic rock instruments (i. e. electric guitar) as oppose to electronic (i. e. aggressive synth leads). In other words, the closer it sounds to Goo Goo Dolls hits, the more I’ll like it 😂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I don't like rap but 90s rap was better than today's rap. Ed Sheehan Taylor swift, and other big artists have catchy music but I don't feel much from it. I prefer pop rock, indie, alt rock, and soft rock

0|0
    0|0
  • its different for every generation. I think each generation likes the music they grow up in. But I will say that the internet has made it possible for people of all ages to enjoy music from all decades. But this generation is not bad, it's just different. I mean untown funk is gold and that was pretty recent. So is shut up and dance. Two iconic songs within today's music. and Justin timberlakes dance dance dance song. can't stop the feeling. There is stuff out there and if you really want to talk about tastes, I have heard that the indie music market is making new stuff all the time. I think in that sense we have the largest selection of music than we have ever had the ability to use in history. It is an exciting time with the internet. But in terms of the popular music that is available widely I think it is all about different tastes some will like it and some won't but its not all bad, or at least I think so anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • It's horrible and evil. It will lead to the destruction of society, just like every "today's music" has throughout all of history.

0|0
    0|0
  • shit because its made on a screen with mouse clicks. I'm changing that

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I don't mind some of it, just depends on the genre and what kind of mood I am in

0|0
    0|0
  • It is extremely abnoxious and makes no sense as to why it's called music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Modern mainstream shit is terrible. There's a lot of great underground stuff tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • Awful

0|0
    0|0
  • @xxxtentacion listen to his new music

0|0
    0|0
  • Shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not much is worth listening to.