Do you think it is degrading to women by showing female nudity on TV?

• Female nudity for entertainment is degrading
  • No really

1752

Most Helpful Guys

• If it is then a whole host of women are willingly degrading themselves for money and they can't always blame male directors. I'm very sure that nobody tells Miley Cyrus, Rihanna or Lady Gaga what they have to wear and yet they choose to show everything but their anuses on a regular basis.

The same is true in TV and movies. Any number of actresses who need neither the money nor the work are more than willing to strip off for the camera. So if women are degrading themselves, and thus degrading other women, then it's perhaps for women to get their own house in order instead of just blaming male influence all the time.

• The Europeans have got it right. They have a dating show called Adam meets Eve or something similar, where heterosexual men and women get together on an island and date (and I guess, do other stuff), and unlike in the American version (I think the American one is called Dating Naked), nothing gets censored.

As far as I know, no one has complained about it. Most likely, no one gives two hoots about it. It's just nudity.

Most Helpful Girls

• We live in a society that is very driven by sex appeal for both genders. It’s a fact that the individual can’t change. However, I do believe that it is possible to show nudity (whether in part or completely) without it being degrading.

The human body can and should, in my opinion, be viewed as something to accept and respect as it is, rather than shame someone for having one or treating it chiefly as an object of lust.

People should be able to show as much or as little of their bodies as they want, including in entertainment. We as a society should respect that without automatically degrading them.

• Personally think and feel it’s pretty degrading... why show yourself nude on public television? And why show it to people knowing you’ll get much backlash for it either or not, and then try to avoid psychos on the streets? You’re displaying it for the world to see completely maybe with your own good intent that you feel free, strong, and so forth but actually at the same time kids and “certain” people are watching... if someone was to try n pay me for a hella lot to do such a thing as well, I couldn’t do it and wouldn’t go through with..

• They also don’t seem to think carefully this involves many other girls/women in the process... yet people say... i never intended this to happen.. 😑