How does music influence your life?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It inspires me a lot when it comes to videos I make. I can feel the emotions in songs and connect/relate to certain songs. Music has helped me get through some pretty tough times. It was there when I had no one else. Also, singing always puts me in a good mood. I enjoy playing piano, uke, and guitar. If I didn't have music, I don't know if I'd still be here

0|1
    0|0
  • It's what brings me happiness and joy it breaths life into my body. Picks me up when I'm feeling down and keeps me going another day. It's my comfort and my safe haven. I can just lose myself in this other world an escape even if it's just temporary. It's helped me through a lot depression, anxiety, loss, heartbreak you name it. I can remember being curled up in my bathroom floor when I was younger having suicidal thoughts and playing Nat King Cole's smile and crying until I couldn't anymore. Then feeling better and drying my face off and telling myself I could go on another day. Just feeling alone and misunderstood I turned to music a lot and it made me feel like I wasn't alone and there were other people going through the same issues. But I don't want to bore you with an extremely long novel but to cut it short music has made a huge impact in my life and I enjoy it a lot.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It motivates when Im below my energy levels. It calms when Im agitated, it agitates when Im calm. Music is a muti faceted media with different functions and different results

0|1
    0|0
  • It helped me vent when the chips were down and I wanted to chug a whole bottle of pills and just die it helped me go through and now I have a better self esteems and i am working on my body and working really hard to get a new girlfriend

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• It keeps me sane and is my only way if reliving past memories.

0|0
    0|0
  • It evinces my emotions

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to music every day 24/7. It's very helpful to me when it comes to how I cope with the struggles I deal with on a daily basis. Music just helps me a lot and I enjoy listening to it whether I'm having a bad day, bored, or just happy

0|0
    0|0
  • makes me feel emotions that i can't really say or makes me feel something i haven't felt before. really good or really bad or angry. either way its emotional

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, very. Singing along with my singing voice calms me down. Music teaches you about the world.

0|1
    0|0
  • It helps me in my creative thinking, which is good since I'm specializing into computer animation and such at college

0|0
    0|0
  • mostly that just give me headache. But when it’s music that i like that makes me in a good mood

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be dead if not for my music
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Keeps me sane

0|1
    0|0
  • I can feel it

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 25

• It's probably my main source for joy. Whenever i want some alone time or just something to brighten up my day while i'm doing something i turn to music. For example today i was walking to a new school, the first day, and was freaking out. Then i took out my phone and listened to Blink-182, James Taylor and Avicii and suddenly i felt so much better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I play guitar, bass, some electronic drums, but don't read music. I also learned how to build an electric guitar, and I am trying to build a bass , for the last couple years with a lack of money and good tools and understanding

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh yeah I also write songs, and got into the I guess quarter finals in a songwriting competition last year, but for lyrics only, nobody really like my songs lol, but I can't sing anyway

• Quite a bit. Had 3 years of piano as a kid, a year of guitar as a teen and 4 years of organ as a young adult. Still do the keyboards and do self-study of "internals " so I can play-by-ear more easily.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me music is weird because everything sounds very strange, by the way any type of music. Reason for this I have a bad hearing problem, but wish I could have a neat response to this question.

0|0
    0|0
  • It changes my mood, encourages me to think deeply, encourages me to stop thinking and simply feel. Songs are like drugs, just as potent and addictive, but minus the cancer and arachnoidal delusions.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it helps to channel my emotions and mood. It sometimes helps me focus on my tasks and get creative ideas to
    Problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • My life is entwined with it. To me, music is like an additional language. It helps (me) to communicate on an extra level.

0|0
    0|0
  • I play piano after work. It helps me unwind and channel my emotions. It shutdowns any chain of thoughts and you just live in the moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's my escape. It's helps my manage and understand my emotions as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is a just a language to me. What it becomes when put together is something Music helps me connect to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes