Is The Far-Left Ruining Star Wars?

• Yes! Stop It!!
  • Yes, but I don't care
  • No, they're making it better!
    Vote C
  • Nah, they're the same.
    Vote D
  • Other
    Vote E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw7pcCj0ORk
Best review I've seen if you have 6 hours you don't mind dedicating to it XD

641

Most Helpful Girl

• Star Wars have always been a polarized story were the good ones are left and they are always very good and the bad ones represents right and they are really bad. The stupid speech good vs bad, left vs right. Every Star Wars movie has it somehow. There's no movie where the bad guy is not that bad or the good guy does a big terrible mistake. Everything is too simple and childish.

I think it got worst with Disney. They are just trying to make new movies repeating the same boring speech all the time, without working too much in the script. They just want to produce movies fast so they can get money faster. All characters are psychologically flat, which worked in the past, but now people diserves psychological complexity and a script that doesn't insult intelligence.

• Mm so they’re worst now, but politics has nothing to do with it. Thanks!

• @Jonny317
      I would rather say that for me the bad guys are from totalitarian movements, and there are right and left totalitarisms. Right totalitarian movement is fascism and left totalitarian movement is communism.

When I see the way Star Wars simplifies good and bad it reminds me how Spanish Civil War is sometimes simplified by some people inside our country. The thing is that not everybody inside a movement that fights for a good cause always behave the right way.

For example in Spanish Civil War, the "good guys" are Republicans, because they defend democracy against fascism. However inside the republicans defenders there were communist and anarchists killing each other or other republicans and allies just to take power over the Republic when in that moment Republic was weak due to the fascist coup and the war, so that behavior of taking power anarchists had and after them communist also had only made republicans weaker against facists.

• Good to know, thank you for the lesson. I don't know much about the Spanish Cvili War. And you're right, totalitarian movements are always bad, no matter what side they're from.

Most Helpful Guys

• Disney in general is ruining Star Wars. For one, in Star Wars, the Empire was a government that was the successor to the Republic and we actually know it's based of the Nazi, the Seperatist wanted independence, the Republic wanted the Seperatist to stay, etc. But with the new sequel, it's not clear what the First Order wants really. What do they want politically? I mean they hate the new republic and want to be like the Empire, but we don't see much about what the conflict is over. In the second movie, we're introduced to Rose, which was a completely unnecessary addition. Not to mention, all the questions we had for the first movie had unsatisfactory answers. Who were Rey's parent? Oh they weren't anyone significant. Who is Snoke? Who cares? He's dead. And the scene where we left off when Rey gives Luke his lightsaber was suppose to be an emotional scene and had the potential to be better, but instead they wanted a few seconds of humour. Also, they introduced a ton of promotional things. The Porgs are fine if they were just playing a small minor role. It just introduce more of the Universe's wildlife, but what is up with so much focus on these creature? And it's not like they really contributed at all. Not to mention, why do they introduce planets like the Casino planet nobody has heard of? Or why did they have a scene where they were running away on those creature? It didn't feel Star Wars like at all. And what was up with the First Order's strategy? That was the lamest combat ever. And the Purple hair lady of the Resistance, why does she not trust anyone? The only cool character the fans were interested in was Phasma, and they just threw her away again.

In short, Disney is unable to make Star Wars movie. It seems like the new movie don't belong to the old movie's universe. It seems like it is it's own universe.

• But you have to remember that Disney didn't write this script. Abrams had some decent setup in Awakens, but then Rian Johnson came and pissed on everything.

• I agree. Again, Rian pissing on everything. Then they have the fucking gal to say that Star Wars fans are misogynistic trolls for disliking the movie. POS

• The Empire was Nazi Germany, and the First order is Alt Right/ Neo-Nazis, etc.

• Let's see:

A Mary Sue protagonist who magically becomes an expert with anything she touches?
    Check.

A rather unlikely amount of mixed ethnicity teams?
    Check.

All white male characters are either villains or butchered legacy characters?
    Check.

Anti-capitalist messaging?
    Check.

Yeah it's pretty much progressive propaganda. The only way they can make it even more so is by making every other character gay or transsexual, if they haven't already.
    No, I am not a woman-hater or racist or whatever. I just see the new Star Wars movies for what they are. I am fine with female protagonists and liberal themes as long as they are done right and not done at the expense of storytelling.

• Thanks!

• @Jonny317 A handful of days of training is still infinitely more than being able to mind trick a stormtrooper while barely even knowing the force exists. In regards to Kylo, I am not sure how much he was trained by Luke before he turned, but as he can stop a blaster bolt with the force, it's pretty clear he knows what he is doing.

• That's true. Still doen't seem that big of a deal.