Do you like horror/scary movies?

I don't like horror movies but if it's a short horror film (10 min max) then I'm fine with it, I even enjoy it at times. But then when it's night time, I get scared and jumpy lol, so I try not to watch horror movies. I'm a scaredy cat, afraid of ghosts too. 😂

Do you like horror movies? If so why? If not why?

Oh and extra question, do you believe in ghosts?
  • Yes I do
    Vote A
  • No I don't
    Vote B
  • Don't like the, but don't hate them either
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I LOVE horror movies. The good ones at least. Not the ones that rely on cheap tricks like jumpscares and disgusting sights. I love paranormal and supernatural stuff. I've seen so many horror movies that I don't even get scared anymore and know exactly when a jumpscare is gonna pop up.

I used to be a complete wimp when I was little. I remember the first time I watched The Ring, I had nightmares for weeks. Sometimes when I got up in the middle of the night, I used to feel like the TV turned on in the living room by itself! Then, weirdly, I developed an interest in mythology, folklore, urban legends, spirits, demons, aliens, cryptids, etc. I started reading about all kinds of strange topics and conspiracies. I've been watching horror movies as research materials ever since. Still do!

2|0
    0|0
  • There are so many different kinds of horror movies, I prefer it mixed with science fiction and sometimes with humor and comedy. Sometimes I get tired of horror movies that spawn a long series with sequel after sequel after sequel, so sometimes I'll ask and have somebody spoil the freakin' ending for me, just before I decide if I even want to start and watch it. I'd ask them to please tell me that nobody survived by the end of the movie, because I get tired of them milking franchises. Maybe one sequel or one prequel is ok, but even then still, it clearly shows they are milking it and overdoing it these days. If everybody is killed off and dead at the end of the movie, then it's all done, no possibility of sequels, well, most of the time anyway. Almost always they leave plot holes and shit and answer questions in the following sequels etc., as that happens frequently. Thus, if a viewer wants to find out more, then they'd have to watch them too, spend more money and time, otherwise move along. I suppose the typical horror movies that don't often get any sequel after sequel often are stuff based off of Stephen King's books.

1|0
    0|0
    • Just for the record, overall I think when it came to horror movies, I favored the Evil Dead movies most with Bruce Campbell.

He was just too fucking hilarious in Evil Dead 2 that I had to watch the sequel Army of Darkness. They were more funny than scary. The first Evil Dead however had some scary moments, but when I look back at it now, it's like meh.

Most Helpful Girls

• Nope. Nope, nope, and nope. I hate horror movies. I have a terrible fear of the darkness, and even the smallest teaser trailer for any of those demonic creations petrifies me to the point where I'm taking special precautions to avoid being alone in the dark 😫😫😫

1|0
    0|0
    • I know what you mean! When the trailer for the visit came out, I was always super on edge during the night incase I get the trailer as an ad. My hands were ready to 1) skip the ad and 2) turn down the volume so I won't hear it. That trailer made me jumpy at night for days

• Show All
    • Lol I'm feel lucky now, cause I haven't gotten any ads for the nun. And the lights thing, I've definitely done that once or twice before too for other horror reasons. I also used to be very scared of the dark, one of the reasons that when I was younger, I never slept without the light on.

• They actually removed the teasers for the nun after they got so much backlash for them. I was so glad when I heard that 😂😂

But anyway, nyctophobia sucks. I wish we didn't have to be so freaked out by something so close or frightening.
      Oh well, guess there's nothing to do but to deal with it :)

• No, I don't like them. But it's nice to watch it with your crush. Cuddle next to him because you are scared is cute. I did notice older scary movies aren't scary. They are funny. You should watch that. Especially for what they find scary back then is like wth and it isn't logical. You can tell they are using a dummy for that body that was mysteriously thrown out of the window by a ghost lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 115

• I don't hate them or like them. I just don't watch them.

1|3
    4|2
  • Been watching horror films since I was 8 years old. When I lived on this small farm as a child, I snuck out of my bedroom and took a peek into the living room area where the grownups were watching a horror movie called "Maniac Cop". "Maniac Cop" is a classic horror movie from the late 80's. Ever since then I had a fascination with horror movies and the paranormal as well.

I don't believe that ALL cases of the "paranormal" are indeed true but sometimes things cannot be explained by science so, in that regard, it could be something that is from beyond. I'm not sure if ghosts are humans that are stuck on Earth forever to roam because there are other explanations. In Buddhism, for example, roaming ghosts are within one of the lower realms of the Earth due to their bad karma; the ultimate goal is the reach the heavenly realm called Nirvana. In Islam, there are no human ghosts. These ghastly figures that people sometimes see are called "Jinn" which are either negative or positive entities.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve never seen one. I’m curious how it would feel, but am hesitant and don’t want to watch any gory. A good deal of the concern is my epilepsy. I haven’t had a seizure for at least a few years now, but I fear a horror movie might trigger one.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like some horror movies but a lot nowadays just suck so much. I make horror games so jump scares, dark corridors, and supernatural occurrences have become cheap to me. I've become nearly invulnerable to being scared now so now what I look for in a horror movie is a good storyline and you know how many horror movies have a good plot. The thing and Hush are really good movies.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mostly cannot feel the horror enough, rather than the gore based ones paranomal stuff tenses me more. I figured out horror video games have greater effect on me. I had stopped watching horror movies, but lately I started to watch them again. Somehow I have an interesting hunger to them.

Movies like IT or Saw for example, they are very beautiful ones, but not scary to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them but I prefer ones that are good i. e. not slashers. Currently watching the Friday the 13th series and while its "entertaining" its not scary in the slightest. I prefer the more interesting horror movies (like The Thing or John Carpenter in general), ones that have a psychological element or are just different from the more boring slasher types (seriously, its a guy with a knife, just shoot him in the face.).

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe in God and Satan (I'm agnostic). To me, the concept of ghost is a propaganda from Satan. So I avoid horror movies.

(Call me extreme, I even avoid Anime or Disney that have ghostly characters that are not scary but funny.)

1|0
    0|0
  • Well you are a 15 years old girl, I don't think that I am a horror movies fan, even though i watched some horror movies, I tend to prefer action movies over horror movies, because I prefer to watch a protagonists who fight instead of protagonists who run, but a action horror is a nice middle ground for that. As a kid I had a time when I used to be afraid of ghosts, but nowadays I actually see ghosts as a good thing, because if ghosts exist than some kind of afterlife exist too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love to watch horror movies. It's the first priority in my movie genres. I watch it because "seeing isn't believing". I don't trust people who convince me that ghosts are real. I find it fun to watch those kinda movies. I don't believe it until I see it in front of my EYES.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most horror movies are comedies to me. I'm serious. I laugh at most of them.

The horror movies with jump scares irritate the hell out of me. Jump scares aren't scary. They do nothing more than appeal to a billion year old reflex reaction.

Now, the precious few horror movies that *are* actually scary to me are some of the finest films in cinema history. Films like The Shining and The Ring are fantastic.

Do I believe in spirits? Absolutely! I drank some last night!

As for belief in ghosts, to borrow a phrase from Jerry McGuire, show me the evidence. Thus far, the evidence is spotty at best. I remain deeply skeptical of the existence of ghosts.

2|0
    0|0
    • 😂 how do you laugh at them? I'm scared most of the time watching them

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 86

• I like horror movies , but not ones full of gore

And no, i don't believe in ghosts

1|0
    0|0
  • I love horror movies so much.

1|2
    0|0
  • I love them! I like being scared in general and love the adrenaline rush it gives me ahahah

If you like short horror films you might enjoy this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue0sTfVaeTw

1|0
    0|0
  • Though they sometimes are a little less entertaining plot wise, and how the storyline develops, horror movies can be just the thing to get your blood pumping. Watching with a friend or family member is the best, in my opinion, so you can comfort each other and stay up all night talking about the movie and checking all the closets. I also enjoy the challenge of trying not to be affected by the movies, which can be super hard!

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate jump scares I punched the person in my seat next to me once😥😥😅 . Thankfully it was my friend, her poor boob though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love soft horror, like suspenseful that scares the sh** out of you but not the graphic gory kind like Chainsaw Massacre.
    I saw "The Nun" last weekend and loved it!
    Yes, there are ghosts but stay away from them as they are demons in disguise.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like scary movies just not the paranormal kind those have me up at night. Horror movies are fun to watch I like the gore and watching people running and screaming. I like predicting what will happen or who will get killed or die first. I just like the feeling of being on the edge of my seat while watching a movie. Also nice to snuggle up under a guy during the scary parts. Yes I do believe in ghosts:)

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them because of the story and I like to be scared but in a good way. It's similar to why people like roller coasters.

1|1
    0|0
    • Lol I also don't like roller coasters, I don't hate them but I don't want to ride them. They are also scary for me.

• Is it all roller coasters or just the ones that go up high

• All of them, I think it was 2 or 3 years ago, I rode on that was for people around 10-13 years old, it wasn't that high but I still got freaked out. I think it was the speed and feeling like I was about to fall off.

• I do not like horror scary movies. I like suspenseful ones but if I watch a horror movie I'lll get up close my eyes or bury my head during any scary or Gory parts

1|0
    0|0
    • Try watching the ones done with humor and parodies such as Shaun Of The Dead, or the "Scary Movie" series.

• I do the same, at times I cover my ears too. Though I don't watch horror movies much

• Yes! I’ll cover my eyes, ears and sing to myself during scary parts. Lol.

• I love them!!! Only when they’re good. These days they aren’t that scary or thought provoking. I want to be disturbed for a few minutes after watching a horror movie.
    They’re fun and interesting and I enjoy dissecting the visual affects. Cuz none of it is real.

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes