Do you like horror/scary movies?

I don't like horror movies but if it's a short horror film (10 min max) then I'm fine with it, I even enjoy it at times. But then when it's night time, I get scared and jumpy lol, so I try not to watch horror movies. I'm a scaredy cat, afraid of ghosts too. 😂

Do you like horror movies? If so why? If not why?

Oh and extra question, do you believe in ghosts?
  • Yes I do
  • No I don't
  • Don't like the, but don't hate them either
    Vote C

88117

Most Helpful Guys

• I LOVE horror movies. The good ones at least. Not the ones that rely on cheap tricks like jumpscares and disgusting sights. I love paranormal and supernatural stuff. I've seen so many horror movies that I don't even get scared anymore and know exactly when a jumpscare is gonna pop up.

I used to be a complete wimp when I was little. I remember the first time I watched The Ring, I had nightmares for weeks. Sometimes when I got up in the middle of the night, I used to feel like the TV turned on in the living room by itself! Then, weirdly, I developed an interest in mythology, folklore, urban legends, spirits, demons, aliens, cryptids, etc. I started reading about all kinds of strange topics and conspiracies. I've been watching horror movies as research materials ever since. Still do!

• There are so many different kinds of horror movies, I prefer it mixed with science fiction and sometimes with humor and comedy. Sometimes I get tired of horror movies that spawn a long series with sequel after sequel after sequel, so sometimes I'll ask and have somebody spoil the freakin' ending for me, just before I decide if I even want to start and watch it. I'd ask them to please tell me that nobody survived by the end of the movie, because I get tired of them milking franchises. Maybe one sequel or one prequel is ok, but even then still, it clearly shows they are milking it and overdoing it these days. If everybody is killed off and dead at the end of the movie, then it's all done, no possibility of sequels, well, most of the time anyway. Almost always they leave plot holes and shit and answer questions in the following sequels etc., as that happens frequently. Thus, if a viewer wants to find out more, then they'd have to watch them too, spend more money and time, otherwise move along. I suppose the typical horror movies that don't often get any sequel after sequel often are stuff based off of Stephen King's books.

• Just for the record, overall I think when it came to horror movies, I favored the Evil Dead movies most with Bruce Campbell.

He was just too fucking hilarious in Evil Dead 2 that I had to watch the sequel Army of Darkness. They were more funny than scary. The first Evil Dead however had some scary moments, but when I look back at it now, it's like meh.

Most Helpful Girls

• Nope. Nope, nope, and nope. I hate horror movies. I have a terrible fear of the darkness, and even the smallest teaser trailer for any of those demonic creations petrifies me to the point where I'm taking special precautions to avoid being alone in the dark 😫😫😫

• I know what you mean! When the trailer for the visit came out, I was always super on edge during the night incase I get the trailer as an ad. My hands were ready to 1) skip the ad and 2) turn down the volume so I won't hear it. That trailer made me jumpy at night for days

• Lol I'm feel lucky now, cause I haven't gotten any ads for the nun. And the lights thing, I've definitely done that once or twice before too for other horror reasons. I also used to be very scared of the dark, one of the reasons that when I was younger, I never slept without the light on.

• They actually removed the teasers for the nun after they got so much backlash for them. I was so glad when I heard that 😂😂

But anyway, nyctophobia sucks. I wish we didn't have to be so freaked out by something so close or frightening.
      Oh well, guess there's nothing to do but to deal with it :)

• No, I don't like them. But it's nice to watch it with your crush. Cuddle next to him because you are scared is cute. I did notice older scary movies aren't scary. They are funny. You should watch that. Especially for what they find scary back then is like wth and it isn't logical. You can tell they are using a dummy for that body that was mysteriously thrown out of the window by a ghost lol