Metalheads, which song is better?

So yeah, metallica and megadeth. Both of the songs below share some riffs that are very similar (nearly the same). "Mechanix" was originally a metallica demo that turned into "The Four Horsemen". But then when Mustaine got kicked out and created Megadeth, he did his own version of "Mechanix". Since both songs are similar which one is better?

Metallica: "Let's do a song about an epic biblical story of the apocalypse!"

Megadeth: "wanna fuck at the full-service station?"

0|3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I'm gonna pretend like I know what I'm talking about and say they sound very similar only one's riff is faster. I like how you can actually hear the bass in the four horsemen when compared with Metallica's later work.

I kinda preferred the beginning of Mechanix tho... but then you could listen to four horsemen at a church. I don't know

1|1
    0|0
  • Neither. Just sounds childish to me. Reminds me of all the metalheads I grew up with, all convinced Metallica was gods gift to music. It wasn't then, and it isn't now.

0|0
    0|3
  • Megadeth, simply because i`m more a fan of them than i am Metallica. Metallica is so basic lol no offense

1|1
    0|0
  • Videos are unavailable. Thank you internet censorship.

1|1
    0|0
  • Four horseman. Mechanix always sounds like something is missing to me.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2d

i think with mechanix it was played a tad too fast

• 2d

Yes and the production on that first Megadeth album is not as good as the first Metallica album in my opinion. When I listen to it now it sounds very thin.

• Mustaine plays way faster and more fluidly than Kirk.

Even on older, much lower quality recordings, Dave still comes across as BY FAR the more polished player.

And Megadeth does plenty of epic Biblical apocalypse songs, Mechanix just isn't one of them. Metallica has plenty of songs with less than epic lyrics too, like their last half dozen albums for instance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCKrKJ-cDWg

1|1
    0|0
  • I think mechanix as you hear how pissed Dave was in that

1|1
    0|0
  • I am going with Mechanix on this one, I just like it better, that Mustaine's voice and also it's kind of speedier

0|1
    0|0
  • Both are golden, but the four horsemen is better.

1|1
    0|0
  • Metallica song.

1|0
    0|0
  • 4hrsmn

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• the four horsemen 👌🏻

1|1
    0|0