Metalheads, which song is better?

So yeah, metallica and megadeth. Both of the songs below share some riffs that are very similar (nearly the same). "Mechanix" was originally a metallica demo that turned into "The Four Horsemen". But then when Mustaine got kicked out and created Megadeth, he did his own version of "Mechanix". Since both songs are similar which one is better?

Metallica: "Let's do a song about an epic biblical story of the apocalypse!"

Megadeth: "wanna fuck at the full-service station?"
Updates:
to the megadeth fans out there, don't assume that the quotes I put at the bottom of the videos mean that I hate the band, I actually love both megadeth and metallica lol

0|4

Most Helpful Guys

• Mustaine plays way faster and more fluidly than Kirk.

Even on older, much lower quality recordings, Dave still comes across as BY FAR the more polished player.

And Megadeth does plenty of epic Biblical apocalypse songs, Mechanix just isn't one of them. Metallica has plenty of songs with less than epic lyrics too, like their last half dozen albums for instance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCKrKJ-cDWg

1|1
    0|0
  • Neither. Just sounds childish to me. Reminds me of all the metalheads I grew up with, all convinced Metallica was gods gift to music. It wasn't then, and it isn't now.

0|0
    0|3

Most Helpful Girl

• the four horsemen 👌🏻

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I'm gonna pretend like I know what I'm talking about and say they sound very similar only one's riff is faster. I like how you can actually hear the bass in the four horsemen when compared with Metallica's later work.

I kinda preferred the beginning of Mechanix tho... but then you could listen to four horsemen at a church. I don't know

1|1
    0|0
  • Metallica for me. It sure didn't seem to hurt their following when they went separate ways, but Megadeath never really seemed to kick off, not in the fashion that Metallica took over and ruled for years. (still does in my book). Not to say there aren't a few Megadeath songs I like.

1|0
    0|0
  • Megadeth, simply because i`m more a fan of them than i am Metallica. Metallica is so basic lol no offense

1|1
    0|0
  • Videos are unavailable. Thank you internet censorship.

1|1
    0|0
  • I like Mechanix better. And as a side note Dave Mustaine said he ripped off The riffs from Lynard Skynard Sweet home Alabama to write the song.

1|0
    0|0
    • holy crap I never knew that

• Yeah just google or YouTube it and you will hear it. Honestly I didn’t know until pretty recently either. But once you listen to them both you can’t help but notice it it. Lol Right in the middle of the song it’s like “sweet home Alabama “. Lol.

• Four horseman. Mechanix always sounds like something is missing to me.

1|0
    0|0
    • i think with mechanix it was played a tad too fast

• Yes and the production on that first Megadeth album is not as good as the first Metallica album in my opinion. When I listen to it now it sounds very thin.

• I am going with Mechanix on this one, I just like it better, that Mustaine's voice and also it's kind of speedier

1|1
    0|0
  • I think mechanix as you hear how pissed Dave was in that

1|1
    0|0
  • I mean they're both Dave Mustaine lol

1|0
    0|0
  • THE MECHANIX!

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm an old school long haired, hard partying head banger. I still have "No Life 'Til Leather" and a Vinyl 1st Pressing original issue megaforce records of "Kill "Em All" and Anthrax "Fistful Of Metal. Both from 1983. The most glorious year in the history of heavy metal. I even went to Heavy Metal Day at The US Festival. Great Times.

• that's fucking awesome!

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes