Do you think I have the right to be myself and get social media?

I hate social media and people keep telling me to get it. I have this guy on gag wanting me to get social media. I don't trust social media because of privacy issues. In real life everyone at work is asking me to add the Facebook. When I tell the I don't have Facebook they are like you should get it. I tell them Facebook isn't fun for my it's really boring. I not in to selfies and I don't tweet. Instagram is a platform for people that like to tell the whole world what they had for breakfast. But that isn't me. I feel everyone is putting pressure on me to get social media. Although this may seem mean I just don't want to waste my life liking and people liking me back. I want to hang out and enjoy my life. I like dancing, karaoke and swimming.
Not
I starting to feel unhappy on this site gag because of my followers asking me for pic and to snapchat. I don't want to get snapchat or post pic of me online.

610

Most Helpful Guy

• You stick to your resolve not to get social media. It is supposed to improve communication, but all it does is help people share meaningless trivialities, and gossip. Much better to talk to people you meet face to face when doing something you enjoy doing.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't have any kind of social media app and I prefer it that way.
    I did do Facebook for almost three months about a year ago- I wanted to try to find a childhood friend but never could find her, I did find a friend from highschool but she didn't want to be friends with me. Cry cry sob sob not it did hurt my feelings I admit. I chatted with my aunt but I'm not into posting pics of my child, my lunch or telling the whole world I have the shits today lol. I deleted my account and have never looked back.
    In short do you sis and continue to tell people no I don't want to do social media.

• I feel the same way. I just don't like social media. As it isn't very social in my opinion. How is clicking like and leaving a message. The same as saying you look great and hanging out.

• People can save your picture and do what they want with it. That's scary

• Thanks for the mho

• Media social doesn't mean that you will stay all the time on it you can swim, dance etc., and some time that you haven't a book to read or have free time you can know people that can make you change the point of viewing the world or everything else.

• I don't need that as I have books. I like reading and learning about the world. But social media has ruin my friendships with people in real life. I used to call my friends and ask if they want to meet up. Now the just message each other on Facebook a platform I hate. Then they say sorry I forgot to call you maybe next time. Social media has only been big the last 10 years before that I had friends. I'm 30. I knew these friends since 11 years. 5 years ago the got in to social media. I lost my friend of 14 years.

• My sister on facebook have find the man of her dream now she is married with him and have a child so don't see just the negative part i am agree not to be adicted but i am not agree not to have media social

• I don't think we can agree on this one. So how about we agree to disagree with each other. Also thank you for your comment.