How Did Jimi Hendrix Change The World?

Mainly for a school report. I have some ideas of my own of course, but I'm having some trouble finding interviews and other people's perspectives on this. What do you think? Also, if you have links to any articles that'd be great.

How Did Jimi Hendrix Change The World?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If I were you, I would analyze the absolute shit out of Hendrix' cover of the Star Spangled Banner, because that will tell you everything you need to know. That song defined a moment in American History that could have never been captured with words. To give you some idea of what was happening in that moment: a black musician (who had served in the military) used an electric guitar, to play a nationalistic song, for a group of anti-government white people, at a festival that was previously revered for using acoustic instruments.

Hendrix didn't change the world, but he did shine a zippo-shaped light on it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• In many ways
    A black man, playing a whit folks music, so he almost got over racism while having white guys in his band too
    Guitar techniques out of this world
    Singing and playing lead guitar was a first with this man

2|0
    0|0
  • Popularized the use of modern distortion pedals, if i'm not mistaken. Thats a huge component of rock and metal, not to mention different guitar techniques.

1|1
    0|0
  • He pioneered blues rock and he popularized the use of the wah pedal.
    He paved the way using his techniques such as vibrato, bends and double stops

2|1
    0|0
  • He didn't. He was an entertainer, good one but entertainers don't change the world, they entertain it.

0|0
    2|0
  • He made the guitar a prominent focal piece in Rock and Roll

1|0
    0|0
  • Scientists, great leaders, doctors change the world, Jimi Hendrix did not, no druggie changes anything

0|0
    2|0
  • I was unaware he had any effect on the world, I thought he was just a guitarist?

0|0
    0|0
  • Made LSD cool.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Many of the effects he used with his guitar came from his imagination and then he had effects pedals custom made to match the sound he had thought of.

1|0
    0|0
  • He made his own style completely different than a lot of others of his time, very influential and a lot of guitarist use his techniques. Has signature sound

1|0
    0|0
  • They’ll probably be something on rolling stone. The “top 100 guitarists” each have a little blurb for each artist and Hendrix is number 1.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes