How Did Jimi Hendrix Change The World?

Mainly for a school report. I have some ideas of my own of course, but I'm having some trouble finding interviews and other people's perspectives on this. What do you think? Also, if you have links to any articles that'd be great.

How Did Jimi Hendrix Change The World?

49

Most Helpful Guy

• If I were you, I would analyze the absolute shit out of Hendrix' cover of the Star Spangled Banner, because that will tell you everything you need to know. That song defined a moment in American History that could have never been captured with words. To give you some idea of what was happening in that moment: a black musician (who had served in the military) used an electric guitar, to play a nationalistic song, for a group of anti-government white people, at a festival that was previously revered for using acoustic instruments.

Hendrix didn't change the world, but he did shine a zippo-shaped light on it.

Most Helpful Girl