What is your favorite Holiday season tradition?

For me it would have to be Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas treats baking, decorating the tree, and the presents/stockings. Oh and going to see Christmas lights.

3|1

Most Helpful Girls

• My mom always bakes a ton of cookies and then we make up little packages and cards and bring them around to the neighbours. It's usually me and my dad who go to bring the cookies and we often get invited in for coffee and a snack at one or two of the houses. I love doing that

1|1
    0|0
  • I like winter because it’s pretty much the only time of the year that my mother makes latkes which I love & there’s some amazing Christmas markets around

I also really really enjoy Halloween although I didn’t go out or do anything for it this year

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• mine is to not have a Christmas myself but instead spend all the money i would have spent on unwanted/unneeded shit for my family and friends and instead go and visit the homeless, give them food, gloves, blankets and talk to them. done it the last two years. kinda ironic i do something so christian whilst im an athiest yet many christians see the holiday as a time of personal excess

0|0
    0|0
  • For me... its not decorating or taking it down... but its having them up for that month... I don't know , well I do know😁... its just such a nice optimistic view with all that decor and history of my old family nutcrackers and lights. I've heard if you're down or depressed, maybe clean or re-decorate a room... well, that change with Christmas decorations makes it pretty easy to live in December for me. 😋

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Decorating the Christmas tree. ^^ Or when I can feel the Christmas atmosphere all around me.
    Walking through the square with my friends while trying not to freeze to death with a hot milkshake in my hands, seeing lighted up markets, snowflakes falling or just listening to "Last Christmas" in my headphones.

1|1
    0|0
  • Every year we've visited our elderly mothers and made them centre of our celebrations. I know it's a long journey to make for us but one day we know the tradition will have to end. I used to love New Years Day when I was young, the fair, black peas and little potatoes - a real treat with mum & dad.

2|0
    0|0
  • There was a great time with memories I can remember, when we all would get together for the holidays. But time has gone on, people have move don and now, it is no longer this traditional way anymore.
    Some don't even put up decorations or play music, others of us have just gone and done our own thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • mine is Christmas , we go over to my grandmas house and make treats and watch movies and we open one presents. on the way home we look the decorations in the peoples yard, we have a nice dinner.

i get to see my cousins , aunt and uncle then too and we have a little party and do crafts

0|1
    0|0
  • -Decorating the tree as a family
    -Letting the boys leave the mince pie and a glass of milk out for farther Christmas.
    - watching my boys open their presents 🎁
    -eating together

2|1
    0|0
  • I love it all from the Festivus dinner to setting up the aluminum Festivus pole, the traditional airing of grievances and feats of strength, and the labeling of Festivus miracles.
    I love Festivus.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dinner parties during new years and Christmas and having conversations with the children of my parent's friends

1|0
    0|0
  • Baking Christmas cookies with my sisters... We make a mess!

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm the grinch. Working retail made me hate the holidays.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hot cocoa and Christmas movies :3

2|0
    0|0
  • Decorating a tree with my family

1|1
    0|0
  • Eating rofl

1|1
    0|0
  • Baking cookies for Christmas

1|1
    0|0
  • Eating Thanksgiving dinner in my room by myself.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• It used to be Halloween but lately Halloween has been quite hidden from the public. Very few decorations in stores and very few houses putting up them up. The atmosphere just seemed off.

0|1
    0|0
  • Getting together at my Grandma’s with my parents and sister, and my uncle and aunt on my mom’s side.

2|2
    0|0
    • Awww how sweet 🤗 I miss my great parents and my grandparents from my father's side. 😥☹️💔. But Great aunt wants to cook for Thanksgiving but I told her I don't wanna pay for food. Fall my grandparents are gone every single one. Cherish the time you have with them with them. 😭 At least I still have my great aunt. She raised me from a baby to a graceful lady. 😇🤗

• I love the movie The Titanic by the way. I watch all the documentaries on it. 😭🤧

• @PetrovaFire92 that’s wonderful. Ask me anything about the movie or the ship itself and I’ll answer it!

• Those are pretty fun. I've volunteered to sing Christmas carols at old folks homes in the past. They got the gift of hearing me sing off key, lol.

1|1
    0|0
  • All of that for me as well although nobody bakes anymore in my family but we always have a nice dinner for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Christmas Eve

1|1
    0|0
  • Walking around watching decorated windows and visiting Christmas street markets. I like to "feel" the chistmas atmosphere.

0|1
    0|0
  • Playing football on Thanksgiving. Christmas I like picking out a nice tree and decorating the house

0|1
    0|0
  • None I dislike holidays and all the vapid traditions that go with them

1|0
    0|0
  • Cutting down the tree for Christmas

But I’m not doing it ;(

0|0
    0|0
  • Watching movies together

0|1
    0|0
  • Christmas dinner with the family

0|1
    0|0
  • The airing of grievances, and feats of strength!

1|1
    0|0
  • Christmas

1|1
    0|0
  • The food and watching Holiday specials

0|1
    0|0
  • Christmas tree and Easter mass

0|1
    0|0
  • 4th of July