Did you ever perform in a school or Church chorus group?

I did in Elementary and 8th-grade years of school. Every year all the grades specifically put on a Christmas production. Whereas if you joined the School Choir in 5th-6th grade or in Middle School it was almost more like a play/musical vibe whereas the lower grades it was all choir singing. I do remember our songs were kinda cheesy (even the traditional carols were jazzed up). Did you ever take part in a school or church chorus? if so, how was your experience?

2115

Most Helpful Girls

• I was in school choir grades 2-3 (everyone was part of that one) and we did mostly songs for the school musical and a few for Christmas assemblies. I loved it at the time because it was something different.

Then again grades 7-8 I was in a choir we had to try out for. That one was a little more sophisticated, we were divided into altos and sopranos and did a bit of harmony sometimes. I liked that, though it got a bit frustrating because the choir sang the same songs every year.

Grades 9, 11, and 12 I was in our high school choir. No tryouts necessary, but it was a lot of commitment. I really liked it, we sang some pretty complicated songs, although every year there were one or two that I didn't like. We sang for Christmas and then in the spring we went to a choir festival and every other year we did a tour.

• Oh I've also been in church chorus groups several times. I had kinda forgotten about that. Usually for Christmas, once or twice for Easter. I like that less because it's a smaller group and I get really nervous before performances for that.

Most Helpful Guys

• I was always in a school choir and I’m the creator of our praise and worship band at church. We’re called Psalms 150!

• Do you all do traditional hymns or modern praise and worship?

• During our praise and worship time, we do the old hymns out of our hymnal and some of us do some special songs during our music services and quite a few of them are modern day songs.

• I totally did when I was a little boy, I am proud to say I walked away untouched.