Did you ever perform in a school or Church chorus group?

I did in Elementary and 8th-grade years of school. Every year all the grades specifically put on a Christmas production. Whereas if you joined the School Choir in 5th-6th grade or in Middle School it was almost more like a play/musical vibe whereas the lower grades it was all choir singing. I do remember our songs were kinda cheesy (even the traditional carols were jazzed up). Did you ever take part in a school or church chorus? if so, how was your experience?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I was in school choir grades 2-3 (everyone was part of that one) and we did mostly songs for the school musical and a few for Christmas assemblies. I loved it at the time because it was something different.

Then again grades 7-8 I was in a choir we had to try out for. That one was a little more sophisticated, we were divided into altos and sopranos and did a bit of harmony sometimes. I liked that, though it got a bit frustrating because the choir sang the same songs every year.

Grades 9, 11, and 12 I was in our high school choir. No tryouts necessary, but it was a lot of commitment. I really liked it, we sang some pretty complicated songs, although every year there were one or two that I didn't like. We sang for Christmas and then in the spring we went to a choir festival and every other year we did a tour.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh I've also been in church chorus groups several times. I had kinda forgotten about that. Usually for Christmas, once or twice for Easter. I like that less because it's a smaller group and I get really nervous before performances for that.

Most Helpful Guys

• I was always in a school choir and I’m the creator of our praise and worship band at church. We’re called Psalms 150!

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you all do traditional hymns or modern praise and worship?

• During our praise and worship time, we do the old hymns out of our hymnal and some of us do some special songs during our music services and quite a few of them are modern day songs.

• I totally did when I was a little boy, I am proud to say I walked away untouched.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Yes I used to sing in my middle school choir I was also in Chamber Choir and Women's Ensemble in high school. I remember we used to travel and compete and do shows it was a lot of fun. I also sang in my church choir from a little kid all the way up until age 21. I kinda miss singing perhaps I'll start singing in church again in the near future.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I did at school.. best time ever 😂 although the songs can be cringy , but I loved singing and being a part of a chorus. I really wanted to join the school band too but I had to move to another country

0|1
    0|0
  • :) hey very cool, I was in "select" chorus in elementary school. It was a lot of fun, we met a few times a week and learned new material with the music instructor. We had a few recitals a year or performed at local events. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it.

I didn't apply for middle or high school chorus because I got shy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I did. Aged 7-10 (dunno what grade that is, it’s year 3-7 here).
    I tried to leave and my teacher made me cry and I stayed.
    I went to a Quaker school so we sang hymns every Thursday and Friday and we had choir 2 days a week on top. I also went to school 8:30-5 mon-fri and 9-1pm on saturdays.
    I excelled at music so I was usually apart of choir or concerts on a Sunday or school night too

0|1
    0|0
  • I was in a church chorus group back in elementary school with my best friend. If I remember correctly there wasn't much of a musical vibe to it though. We preformed usually in church but it happend once at the mall and I sang solo! In elementary school there were of course musicals but almost all of them was a must except for one of them were i participated with consent.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes!! In 6th grade I sang a Japanese song in front of 800+ people. I sing every Sunday at chruch and after church I help out with something called home chru church its basically when people can't go to church so we come to them it's like a mini chruch service at there house with communion sermon and stuff like that. I play my guitar and sing for home chruch. And I do chorus in school currently

0|1
    0|0
  • I've been in a school chorus but just 3 or 4 months and I was in 4th grade. We just singed carols for Christmas and I think the chorus wasn't there next year. It was just an idea of a teacher that didn't worked very well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never performed but I helped with set design when I was in high school. It was a very enjoyable activity and I made good friends that way.

0|1
    0|0
  • In fourth and fifth grade, I was in chorus and band. I played the flute. I was in chorus in sixth grade, too but I dropped out after a week because there was something seriously wrong with the teacher. I think she was a drug addict.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did some chorus in high school and sang in some talent shows. It was all for fun.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes and that's where I met my future husband! That was over 40 years ago!

0|1
    0|0
  • I missed out on too many talent shows through high school..

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah i was the one lead with the mic and i had to stay at school sometimes to teach the others but in all it was fun I could bunk my classes😄

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes for a few years but the person didn't like me and my group.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I did it was fun and full of dramas, but it was such a wonderful experience to have

0|0
    0|0
  • I did back when i was in elementary school.

0|1
    0|0
  • In 5th grade, yeah
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • I sang in my school choir for around 5 years

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Yes. I sang 'Silent Night' and 'Come All Ye Faithful' in a church choir one year as a part of a Christmas holiday programme one year. I was, I think, nine or ten.
    My Sister sang Calypso in a different division of the same programme.
    We both sung 'O Come All Ye Faithful'.

Other than that I have done carols regularly every Christmas with friends and family, at school, and at church.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was in my grade school choir for a year and I did choir in high school and college. I did it briefly at the church I used to go to, but I had to quit because I had way too much stuff going on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a chorus group but in grade school I was a dwarf in a play

0|1
    0|0
  • I did and it was very fun. Those were great memories. From 6 through 18yrs, I have been in chorus for school and church.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did stand up comedy for a talent show and I was in two plays. I did stage crew mostly.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did; school choir from ages 7-11, hate it but my parents forced me

0|1
    0|0
  • I have played guitar in a church band to help out from time to time.

0|1
    0|0
    • and I have helped vocally. I have a pretty good range of a little over three octaves. Not Mariah or Axl territory, but better than most.

• No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never, but I would like to

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0