Are you hyped for the live action Lion King movie?

The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie of all time, and this trailer made me really emotional.
Who else can't wait for this to come out?

3536

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think I can watch it. I already feel the tears coming just looking at that picture. I'm too weak.

• I mean it looks pretty, but so far the new versions of old disney movies haven't been all that impressive to me. I hope they bring something new to the table. Another layer, maybe a plot twist, or just more information about that world that wasn't shown in the original. I'm not interested in watching a carbon copy, because then I might as well just watch the original (ahem Beauty and the beast). Pretty looking animation, the promise of a "nostalgic" trip and a popular cast just won't do it for me. I'm bored of watching the same stuff in slightly different packaging.

• Beauty and the Beast wasn't a carbon copy though. The characters had more depth and the female character had as much of a part in fixing things as the beast.

• The female character had more of a role and less passive in this movie version than the cartoon. They updated it more to the times... it had a spin on that..

• @brennanhuff personally I just didn't think it made a big enough difference.

Most Helpful Guys

• LOL "live action." Dude it's going to be all CGI. That's not live action... it's just a different kind of animation, really.

And, nope, not at all. Couldn't care less. It's nothing more than a blatant money grab by Disney (like the last two times they did this with Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast), who has obviously completely run out of ideas.

• Yes I am. I'm also hyped for Aladdin too. I always felt Aladdin had potential for a visual spectacle. Dumbo looks good too, but sad. I like the remakes, because they try to stay to the original but put a spin on it or more indepth characters. So not exactly the same as the first, which is good as long as right actors are in it and portrayed right.