Are you hyped for the live action Lion King movie?

The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie of all time, and this trailer made me really emotional.
Who else can't wait for this to come out?

2|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think I can watch it. I already feel the tears coming just looking at that picture. I'm too weak.

1|1
    0|0
  • I mean it looks pretty, but so far the new versions of old disney movies haven't been all that impressive to me. I hope they bring something new to the table. Another layer, maybe a plot twist, or just more information about that world that wasn't shown in the original. I'm not interested in watching a carbon copy, because then I might as well just watch the original (ahem Beauty and the beast). Pretty looking animation, the promise of a "nostalgic" trip and a popular cast just won't do it for me. I'm bored of watching the same stuff in slightly different packaging.

2|1
    0|0
    • Beauty and the Beast wasn't a carbon copy though. The characters had more depth and the female character had as much of a part in fixing things as the beast.

• Show All
    • The female character had more of a role and less passive in this movie version than the cartoon. They updated it more to the times... it had a spin on that..

• @brennanhuff personally I just didn't think it made a big enough difference.

Most Helpful Guys

• LOL "live action." Dude it's going to be all CGI. That's not live action... it's just a different kind of animation, really.

And, nope, not at all. Couldn't care less. It's nothing more than a blatant money grab by Disney (like the last two times they did this with Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast), who has obviously completely run out of ideas.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I am. I'm also hyped for Aladdin too. I always felt Aladdin had potential for a visual spectacle. Dumbo looks good too, but sad. I like the remakes, because they try to stay to the original but put a spin on it or more indepth characters. So not exactly the same as the first, which is good as long as right actors are in it and portrayed right.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 33

• Nope. Stop it with the constant Remakes and live action shit. I want original ideas not a repeat. The original was good and it stays that way. I won't Support it

4|2
    0|0
    • I agree with you on this. If they wanted to do the Lion king again and make it new and fresh, they should write a new story and make it a sequel or a prequel. Not the same story again.
      The telling of the past sort of works in live action. They could also add in some prehistoric animals or something.

• How is Mathew Broderick not in the cast? And why do people keep repeating the term ‘live action?’ It’s not live action, it’s merely a different type of animation with maybe some live lion shots.
    The one I’m actually looking forward to is the live action Mulan which is filming now but they pushed the release back to 2020 to make room for other stupid movies

0|1
    0|0
  • w h a t no, the original will always be the best nonono

3|3
    0|0
  • Hmm. It looks like it will be an exact copy of the original, just in CGI. Not sure if I see the point in that. I guess it will be visually interesting.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes yes yes! I love the Lion King and had ghosebumbs from watching the trailer. I just hope that they dont ruin it. My expectations are way too high for that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I am so hype, i can't already feel the tears coming when mufasa dies but it's alright, I'm ready to be hurt again.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was skeptical at first, but the trailer was so beautifully done. I'm so excited!

3|1
    0|0
  • HELL YEAH !! I AM!!! I was just talking to my co-workers about it at work !, Yes I'm going to see the movie!!. And the Aladdin movie too!!

2|2
    0|0
  • No... I don't expect much from a remake but I will give it a shot... And I like all the songs so it will be nostalgic

0|1
    0|0
  • I love the Lion King and all but I’m getting pretty tired of Disney remaking old movies. Nothing could ever beat the original for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just saw the trailer and my heart can’t take it D:

1|1
    0|0
  • Kinda yeah, definitely watching all those remakes. Went to Junglebook too

1|1
    0|0
  • First time hearing about it... probably will try it

0|1
    0|0
  • Awwww... I haven't seen it but I don't know not sure

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really, since its basically just the original but 3D animated. I prefer original movies.

1|2
    0|0
  • I absolutely loved seeing the theatre version of it so I can’t wait to see this.

0|1
    0|0
  • No not really, it seems like it's going to be a HUGE let down

0|1
    0|0
  • ... this has been my favorite movie in the whole world, can't wait

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I hate remake movies. Create something New for God's sake.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes! Just saw the trailer and it looks pretty cool.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yessssssssssss

2|1
    0|0
  • Totally.

2|1
    0|0
  • Hell yea

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope should be cool though

1|1
    0|0
  • Can’t wait 🤗!! I absolutely love Lion King ❤️❤️

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah! Simba looks so cute! :) <3

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes cause I’ve never seen it

1|1
    0|0
  • yes!!! my friends and i are so pumped.

1|1
    0|0
  • YASSS!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 34

• Looks pretty good.

0|1
    0|0
  • God I'm so over the 'cinematic trailer make big sound and cut to black' thing.

Also, that's CGI, not live action.

But otherwise does it just take you back when you hear it...
    Are you hyped for the live action Lion King movie?

2|1
    0|0
  • No, I'm not a fan of remakes. They are doing a remake of Aladdin as well.

I guess Disney is out of fresh ideas so they're milking the classics now. This is also why Star Wars will never end. Why end a franchise and create something new when people will pay to watch the same crap over and over again?

0|1
    0|0
  • If I watch it I'd be spending the whole 2 hours thinking the music choice is inappropriate, it sounds like human music, not just any human, the ones who contest their territory. The lion king wouldn't have approved of that music.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not a fan of this modern tendency to remake old shit. Get creative and stop beating dead horses already.

3|1
    0|0
    • I'm kinda annoyed by it too. I guess people ran out of ideas.

• @LuvAsh it's the infinite greed of big studios. they only care for the money a movie brings. if you look at it from that perspective, making a new movie is too risky, which is exactly why we see all those remakes.

• Damn man those animations. Impressive.
    No im not hyped, but im interested. I have never seen a rework of a classic disney movie like that

0|1
    0|0
  • NO, tired of this Disney idiocy of making a live-action version of all their old animated films. They're a bunch of greedy dipwads and I'm happy to no longer be spending a dime on their product.

0|1
    0|0
  • Emotional? Me too
    I’m crying

It looks so amazing to be honest. Can’t wait. Wow. What an amazing job they did with the graphics though

0|1
    0|0
  • Kills the original. They need to get a fucking life holy shit

1|1
    0|0
  • It's going to be a disappointment, I can feel it.
    I don't know why they're even trying to bring a classic back.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope after all the other Disney movies im 100% sure its going to be trash

0|1
    0|0
  • I liked that they'll be having James Earl Jones back as Mufasa.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ima take some sloot to see it and hopefully it puts her in the mood. Gnomsayin

0|1
    0|0
  • Dang they’re making a live action animation movie of the Lion King that’s too cool

0|1
    0|0
  • Not hyped at all. I really don't see this movie living up to the original in terms of artistry.

0|1
    0|0
  • So that's the new trend from Disney now?

0|2
    0|0
  • Not as hyped as i am for Dragon Ball Super Broly

1|3
    0|0
  • It's not live-action.

1|3
    0|0
  • It's technically not going to be "live action"...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah i really am... i think its gonna be great.

1|1
    0|0
  • No because the story is sad

0|2
    0|0
  • But it's CGI, how can it be live action

1|1
    0|0
  • No...

0|2
    0|0
  • NAH IT WILL SUCK.

1|2
    0|0
  • How is it live action?

0|2
    0|0
  • I am gonna stick with the original.

0|2
    0|0
  • No, I am not.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I hate the live remakes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Apparently seth rogan will play pumba...

0|1
    0|0
  • No way

0|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes