If you buy a book but don't end up enjoying it at all do you finish it or give up?

I'm very picky when it comes to books :p
  • I am determined to always finish a book I start!
    Vote A
  • If it's boring I give up and look for one I will like
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I tried, and I mean really tried to complete reading Pride and Prejudice. Heard that women enjoy reading it and wanted to see why. It was so boring! Ten pages to describe 2 minutes of action. I gave up halfway through. I mean every page was filled with her feelings and details of the room and the colors and such... too boring to complete as a book. Did anyone like that book?

1|0
    0|0
    • I've never read that one but i often give up on books that i find boring too

Most Helpful Girl

• Life is too short not to enjoy a good book. Bin it and start again.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• I've been known to. Specifically a book by Joseph Heller, author of Catch22, called, Something Happened, in which nothing happened at all. I managed about half the book, but had to give up before I killed myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I'm not enjoying a book I have it's probably a book that someone else gave to me thinking I'd like it. I don't read a lot of books. I only read books based on paranormal/supernatural research or stories (usually short ones). Being this specific really narrows down the books I'm gonna like so I've never bought a book that I couldn't finish. ๐Ÿ˜„

1|0
    0|0
  • you dont do the same mistake again and again

i dont know but i have never touched any such books from last couple of years.

automatically i get some dope book

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's a bad book I usually skip a few chapters to spice things up, no idea what I missed so the brain has to catch up and not be bored

1|0
    0|0
  • if its boring, I will give up, and start another book

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually give up even if I enjoy it

1|0
    0|0
  • Lemme make you a celebrity on GaG

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol I don't buy books in the first place.

1|0
    0|0
  • You have to finish a book you start. Have to.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's coming that's not the hardest bit

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• If it's no longer worth my time, it's not worth my time.

1|1
    0|0
  • I try to finish it as fast as possible, surely end up skipping the describing part. They're the most annoying.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd finish

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes