Is the movie ‘Birdbox’ any good?

Is it worth a watch? I have seen everyone online going on about it - so it must be good? However I saw a video in my YouTube and it was talking about how the movie has anti-white person agendas - showing white men to be the bad guys, and the bad white guys get killed by minorities - and that the main character (who is white, female) is with a black guy and like shows that black guys are better than white guys and stuff like that

I watch movies for fun, not to endure Political agendas - maybe that video was joking, I’ll link it. Either way - is it a movie worth watching or is it clearly a SJW brainwash flick?

Thanks

813

Most Helpful Girl

• I thought the movie BirdBox was excellent

Yes Sandra Bullock and the black guy hook up in the movie, but I viewed it more as showing a black man in a positive light rather showing white men in a bad one. Basically the first black guy and the Asian sacrifice themselves, and the Latina chick ends up being selfish, but there's a lot of white people represented too in a good way. The "racist" old white guy comes around in the end (I don't want to give it away) and you realize he is really just angry at everybody for a different reason than expected, and he sacrifices himself as well. The white guy who is a junky was a dick before the apocalypse, and they probably only made him white so his tattoos would show up better. The other white pregnant lady is the sweetest person in the whole movie

Basically everybody had a character flaw no matter their race or gender. Sandra Bullock and the black guy were best equipped based on personality to survive in the apocalypse. So yes they show the black guy in a positive light, but they are in no way bashing white men since they made a martyr out of that guy too

Don't watch the movie with hate towards the black guy. The theme of the movie is about Sandra Bullock being able to connect emotionally with people and save the children, not race. It is a masterfully done suspense thriller. The only other suspense thriller I've seen that was this good is Silence Of The Lambs

This movie also had a superb ending. It is definitely worth watching the whole thing to see the ending. It is about viewing the world in a different way, something you need help with. I think it would be a very good movie to watch if you can get over the interracial relationship. They don't even get very graphic with it

• Everybody hated olympia lol people are still mad at her today

• @Ordinarygurl_
      Haha she wasn't built to survive the apocalypse. Personally I wouldn't have let her in, but I would've raised her daughter in a similar event. Kids are the most prized resource in the emd of the world

Most Helpful Guys

• Personally, I disliked the movie. If I'm envisioning the end of the world and some apocalyptic force comes to end us, it's not going to be unseen; it's going to be a fucking bloody massacre. Headless horsemen, hellhounds, other crazy entities are going to bring us to our knees and wipe out the planet leaving 0% chance of survival. Birdbox is quite the opposite to me. It is considered a horror movie, it's a thriller, and to me (I watch a lot of thrillers/horror movies) it didn't really get me going compared to other movies I have seen in the past.

Some people truly cannot simply watch something and take it for what it is supposed to be, which is entertainment without having to find some deeper meaning and trying to ruin it for other people.
    I don't think it had anything to do with being sjw anything. It's literally people trying to survive. Even if it was about white people (which I view those of European origin living in Western civilization that have no cultural heritage to be) being blinded in order to live amongst diversity, peacefully, I don't think Bird Box did a good job of that. I've always been pro choice, and usually it's the black fathers that are stereotyped to leave their children and family, so the guy in the video is obviously just bitching for no rhyme or reason. He's probably Russian and has no real reason to be making the video other than complaining about things in the movie that weren't actually there.

I don't personally suggest the movie because it wasn't my cup of tea. Others may enjoy the movie more so, and I wouldn't tell anyone not to watch it. The ending was truly heartwarming for all of the right reasons, and not bad or "anti white" like he [guy in video] suggests that it is.

• I thought it was a tedious waste of time and I skipped over most of it to the ending, which was "ok" but not really satisfying. I didn't read too deeply into the social justice thing. I hate seeing Sandra Bullock waste her energy on weak scripts. She was more entertaining in Oceans 8, but her best in the last 10 years is 2009's "The Blind Side." Maybe if we're lucky, she'll reunite with Keanu Reeves in John Wick 3 !!