Do you think Esports will eventually become a big deal?

Do you ever see a future where they may be on TV and even a Olympic sport?

619

Most Helpful Guys

• I doubt it'll be included in the Olympics in the same way that regular sports aren't.

But it's interesting since E-sports has the capability to be much larger than normal sports.

Take Football for example, you have tournaments based on location I. e. national, international, global.

And whilst most E-sports tournaments are just regional (eu/usa/asia) and global, there are multiple games.

There's only football, same rules and same game but if you take for example FPS (first person shooter) games, you could have a tournament for CoD, Battlefield, Counter Strike, Overwatch.

They're all the same game with different aesthetics so it would be comparable to having four types of Football games at each level of competition.

• I misread that as escorts lol

Anywyas yes I do think they have the potential to if more companies start making games with e-sport viewership in mind. Currently the market is limited by the amount of people actually tune in to watch e sports tournaments live.

Most Helpful Girl

• There was a hype about it being part of 2020 Olympic, but it was shot down.

They still have hope for 2024 games, tho.