Is it an unpopular opinion to think that Titanic is one of the most overrated movies in history?

I've always felt that this movie, along with its signature theme song "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion, is grossly overrated (even Celine Dion herself strongly disliked this song she sung for the movie but only did so because her husband encouraged her to do so).

I never got emotional or any sort of feelings from this movie, even during my first time watching it. Most parts of this movie feels so cliche. I'm a fan of Leonardo Dicaprio's movies but Titanic clearly isn't one of them.

Is it an unpopular opinion to think that Titanic is one of the most overrated movies in history?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I absolutely love the film even though it’s unbelievable. I completely get why it’s hated but personally I love the fake love story and the real portrayal of fear and death (sorry Americans).

It annoys me the Americans asked for the ending to be changed so it was “happier”.

The entire point of the film was it was a once in a lifetime whirlwind romance but backed with fact. I’ve never going to have a love like that so why not have it as a film? Films are things we don’t experience, eg are you a secret agent? No.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The scenes of it breaking in two and sinking were impressive. They did a good job capturing the likely horror of the event. The love story was just unnecessary in my opinion. I mean, to suggest that a true story of hundreds of people dying needed a love story in order for people to form a human connection is a sad indictment of humanity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares... Opinions are opinions... I hate the dark knight series I don't care if any one if offended

0|0
    0|0
    • I honestly never thought The Dark Knight trilogy was as great as most people make them out to be. I preferred Tim Burton's Batman movies over The Dark Knight trilogy any day since they come much closer to comic book portrayal.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nah i thought it was pretty shit when it came out, my opinion has not changed. I used to hate Dicaprio too... but he got better with age, i quite like him now

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I saw it for the first time about ten years ago and I just remember thinking "seriously? THIS is what all the girls in my class were losing their minds over?"

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say that's a rather unpopular opinion overall, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd agree with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I liked it but I didn’t love it. I was too young to appreciate it when it was in theatres and I think it was best as it came out.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only think that pissed me off is when Rose dropped the expansive necklace that cost millions of dollars

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. As a movie it's like, just okay. Maybe a 4-5/10.

0|0
    0|0
  • It probably is an unpopylar opinion but I agree. It is tied for tye most Oscars yet never hear it mentioned among the greatest movies.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not really in the demographic...

I think it's better than you would think. It has a certain grandeur to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought it was ridiculously overrated. It was good with decent performances, but not an astounding masterpieces in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it and the ending was funny. So i have no clue what your talking about.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've tried watching it once but fell asleep halfway though it

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I think lots of people would agree. I sure do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think any movie about the Titanic is redundant. Everyone knows she sinks

0|0
    0|0
  • It might be the most boring movie I have ever the misfortune to sit through.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love this film

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah it's boring and annoys me

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I think it's overrated too

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is very much overrated

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorta
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • I LOVE THIS FILM!

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't like it either

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL no, It is the correct way to think about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never watched it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love Titanic

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really like this film. I remember my parents took me with them to the cinema to watch that fucking crap. I was only five and hated being locked in the theatre watching a film in a language I couldn't understand, for hours.

0|0
    0|0
  • No i agree romance movies are stupid the best part was the end when the ship sank its a horror movie all the dudes die thats why feminists luv it

0|0
    0|0
  • I adore that movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol unpopular?

Hating on Titanic is the most popular thing to do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes