Is it an unpopular opinion to think that Titanic is one of the most overrated movies in history?

I've always felt that this movie, along with its signature theme song "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion, is grossly overrated (even Celine Dion herself strongly disliked this song she sung for the movie but only did so because her husband encouraged her to do so).

I never got emotional or any sort of feelings from this movie, even during my first time watching it. Most parts of this movie feels so cliche. I'm a fan of Leonardo Dicaprio's movies but Titanic clearly isn't one of them.

1222

Most Helpful Girls

• I absolutely love the film even though it’s unbelievable. I completely get why it’s hated but personally I love the fake love story and the real portrayal of fear and death (sorry Americans).

It annoys me the Americans asked for the ending to be changed so it was “happier”.

The entire point of the film was it was a once in a lifetime whirlwind romance but backed with fact. I’ve never going to have a love like that so why not have it as a film? Films are things we don’t experience, eg are you a secret agent? No.

Most Helpful Guys

• The scenes of it breaking in two and sinking were impressive. They did a good job capturing the likely horror of the event. The love story was just unnecessary in my opinion. I mean, to suggest that a true story of hundreds of people dying needed a love story in order for people to form a human connection is a sad indictment of humanity.

• Who cares... Opinions are opinions... I hate the dark knight series I don't care if any one if offended

• I honestly never thought The Dark Knight trilogy was as great as most people make them out to be. I preferred Tim Burton's Batman movies over The Dark Knight trilogy any day since they come much closer to comic book portrayal.