Would you let your kids play video games more after reading this?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I've been a gamer since they first came out more than 40 years ago. If I had a kid I would not let them play games when they are young. When they got older I might let them play but monitor it very closely. If I thought they were becoming addicted or playing too much, it would be taken away from them.

Those articles are cherry picking big time and missing the point. I remember a TED speaker about video games. It was supposed to be an expert who did a lot of research and studies. I stopped listening when she said she studied heavy gamers who play ten hours a week. Anyone who calls ten hours a week heavy gaming isn't qualified to talk about heavy gaming.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they're not playing to the point of neglecting their health and responsibilities I don't genuinely mind.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I'd love for my kid to play video games, if I had one. Only downside is the distraction factor from more pressing matters.

Let's talk about this picture though. I see Xbox 360 controllers, old school PS1 dualshocks, SNES, N64 and Dreamcast controllers, one of which is a MadCatz.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes my kinds can play video games but in a healthy amount. And how much regulation depends on age/maturity.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Dreamcast 😆 and to be honest there are so many articles out on the benefits of playing video games but people are so close minded that even after herring the benefits even if they say oh that's cool or interesting they would probably be like oh but I'm not gonna change my rules on videos games or something along those lines

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not even going to read the articles. I've been a lifelong gamer and I'll more than likely let my kids play.
    People who say video games cause violent behavior are idiots. That's like saying guns cause murder. It's not the object, it's the person and how that person was introduced to and taught how to properly interact with the object.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would let them play even if i haven't read that because i know there are benefits of video games but i still have to take the responsibility because that can cause distraction and procrastination

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd let my kids play anyway because I'm a game developer and I make a lot of money for barely any work.

0|1
    0|0
  • Didn't read won't change my mind video games are fun and should always be allowed until it becomes an addiction

0|1
    0|0
  • I played and still play video games and I never gave any fucks whether or not I could or could not play them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’d rather my kids be playing video games than watching television or people playing video games on YouTube.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmfaoo video games helped me with my boxing. My parents wasn't against video games. Thank god. You can learn a lot from a video game more than a book.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am the guy who is gonna let my son watch south park at like 6 so no need to convince me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am girl that also play game on my Nintendo switch. Idfbout what people user.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am a gamer myself, so yes of course I am going to let my kids play, to a limited amount.

0|0
    0|0
  • No need to read the articles. I intend to encourage any future kids to play video games with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I have kids, I’m going to make sure my kids play video games. Not all the new bullshit, but definitely the classics.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, as a seasoned gamer myself I already know the risks and benefits

0|0
    0|0
  • I would let my kids play games anyway. And play with them. And rekt them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love videogames. Of course I'd let my kid play

1|0
    0|0
  • Id play with them instead

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The pros do not outweigh the cons.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a gamer why wouldn't I if I had kids

0|0
    0|0
  • I already let my Nephew play gta 5 and he is 6

0|0
    0|0
  • I already play video games

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe