Which villain, from a movie or a game, could you agree with?

Like, when he's explaining why he is a villain and why he's acting like that, he makes totally sense to you and you understand and/or agree with his behavior.

Could you actually see yourself supporting a movie villian

1228

Most Helpful Guys

• Probably Ozymandias in the movie “Watchmen.” It’s been quite a bit since I watched that movie so the details are a bit fuzzy but what I understand Ozymandias to believe is that the sacrifice of many is sometimes necessary for the world as a whole. Sometimes, it is the logically and morally superior option no matter how dreadful it is for many people to die. I could be wrong, because it’s been a while since I’ve watched the movie. Ozymandias is one of the few villains that I could, on some level reason and agree with. I’m not saying I agree with him on this specific point I mentioned above, but I am saying, on a spectrum of villains that I’ve personally been privy to, Ozymandias is closest to me in terms of what I anticipate we’ll agree on and disagree on. The Joker, for example, would be on the far far end from me

• Hm I didn't think about him, but it's true that from what I remember his reason was quite logical. Yet, he didn't exactly take responsibility for it, he forced someone else to do it and take the blame.

• Not him, but he made sure everyone would blame Dr. Manhattan. Of course Dr. Manhattan doesn't give a rat, and even agrees with Ozymandias, but Ozy still got out all clean of it. At least in the movie, since in the comics, Rorschach still manage to send Ozy's plans to the medias before dying.

• Oh yeah perhaps that’s true.

• Well Magneto out of all of them.

But my recent favorite is Zod.

• Zod? Wait, I haven't seen the movie for a while now, but I don't remember he was right. Wasn't he hungry for power or something?

• Indeed, I didn't remember that part, that makes much more sense.

• That clip gets me trembling every time I hear it.

"I exist only to protect Krypton. . . it is the sole reason for which I was born".

He wasn't evil. He was doing the only thing he knew to do.

Most Helpful Girls

• The Joker. A lot of what he says is true. Especially when he says how if you take people out of civilised society, they show their true colours and will turn on other people if it means their own survival and gain.

• So you agree with an abusive guy who beats harley to death pretty much all the time. And gases people, blows up people, try's to make people insane and likes ripping off people's faces.

Okay...

• @Guanfei

Yes, I was referring to Nolan's interpretation of the Joker, which is far more nuanced than the Joker from the comic books.

• The one in film blows people up for fun, and makes two face exist and he kills many people in that hospital.

yeah a guy who traps people so they can stop been a crimnal or taking there life for granted and actaully helps people like addicts to stop been addicts and everyone who lived through his traps thanked him.
      And the rest who didn't were dicks anyway.
      Yeah that makes more sense than agreeing with a guy who just kills for no reasons and actaully ruins lifes not improve them.

• I support magneto (however you spell it), Joker, and Jigsaw.

• Haven't seen any Saw yet. What are Jigsaw motives?

• Didn't know the movie was so deep. I thought it was about a madman playing with its victims.

• It could easily be interpreted that way if you don’t pay attention to the story line. Jigsaw does die and puts his “game” into the hands of his many apprentices (that don’t even know each other 😂). And they do kind of fuck up the game for a bit. But everything gets back on track towards the end.

The story line is very complicated when it comes to small details and there are plenty of people who get turned off by that because it can get very confusing. The movies are not played out in order, on purpose. Tons of flashbacks. Tons of sketchy people changing their minds. You might get a fake death or two. It is all over the place.

BUT... I love the series and I highly recommend that you give it a chance.