Which villain, from a movie or a game, could you agree with?

Like, when he's explaining why he is a villain and why he's acting like that, he makes totally sense to you and you understand and/or agree with his behavior.

Could you actually see yourself supporting a movie villian
Could you actually see yourself supporting a movie villian

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Probably Ozymandias in the movie “Watchmen.” It’s been quite a bit since I watched that movie so the details are a bit fuzzy but what I understand Ozymandias to believe is that the sacrifice of many is sometimes necessary for the world as a whole. Sometimes, it is the logically and morally superior option no matter how dreadful it is for many people to die. I could be wrong, because it’s been a while since I’ve watched the movie. Ozymandias is one of the few villains that I could, on some level reason and agree with. I’m not saying I agree with him on this specific point I mentioned above, but I am saying, on a spectrum of villains that I’ve personally been privy to, Ozymandias is closest to me in terms of what I anticipate we’ll agree on and disagree on. The Joker, for example, would be on the far far end from me

0|2
    0|0
    • Hm I didn't think about him, but it's true that from what I remember his reason was quite logical. Yet, he didn't exactly take responsibility for it, he forced someone else to do it and take the blame.

• Show All
    • Not him, but he made sure everyone would blame Dr. Manhattan. Of course Dr. Manhattan doesn't give a rat, and even agrees with Ozymandias, but Ozy still got out all clean of it. At least in the movie, since in the comics, Rorschach still manage to send Ozy's plans to the medias before dying.

• Oh yeah perhaps that’s true.

• Well Magneto out of all of them.

But my recent favorite is Zod.

Which villain, from a movie or a game, could you agree with?

1|1
    0|0
    • Zod? Wait, I haven't seen the movie for a while now, but I don't remember he was right. Wasn't he hungry for power or something?

• Show All
    • Indeed, I didn't remember that part, that makes much more sense.

• That clip gets me trembling every time I hear it.

"I exist only to protect Krypton. . . it is the sole reason for which I was born".

He wasn't evil. He was doing the only thing he knew to do.

Most Helpful Girls

• The Joker. A lot of what he says is true. Especially when he says how if you take people out of civilised society, they show their true colours and will turn on other people if it means their own survival and gain.

0|3
    0|0
    • So you agree with an abusive guy who beats harley to death pretty much all the time. And gases people, blows up people, try's to make people insane and likes ripping off people's faces.

Okay...

• Show All
    • @Guanfei

Yes, I was referring to Nolan's interpretation of the Joker, which is far more nuanced than the Joker from the comic books.

• The one in film blows people up for fun, and makes two face exist and he kills many people in that hospital.

yeah a guy who traps people so they can stop been a crimnal or taking there life for granted and actaully helps people like addicts to stop been addicts and everyone who lived through his traps thanked him.
      And the rest who didn't were dicks anyway.
      Yeah that makes more sense than agreeing with a guy who just kills for no reasons and actaully ruins lifes not improve them.

• I support magneto (however you spell it), Joker, and Jigsaw.

0|1
    0|0
    • Haven't seen any Saw yet. What are Jigsaw motives?

• Show All
    • Didn't know the movie was so deep. I thought it was about a madman playing with its victims.

• It could easily be interpreted that way if you don’t pay attention to the story line. Jigsaw does die and puts his “game” into the hands of his many apprentices (that don’t even know each other 😂). And they do kind of fuck up the game for a bit. But everything gets back on track towards the end.

The story line is very complicated when it comes to small details and there are plenty of people who get turned off by that because it can get very confusing. The movies are not played out in order, on purpose. Tons of flashbacks. Tons of sketchy people changing their minds. You might get a fake death or two. It is all over the place.

BUT... I love the series and I highly recommend that you give it a chance.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• While I can't agree with his motive or methods, Hans from Frozen is right about the Arrendale sisters: they're too dumb to live. Only Disney's need to keep toddlers happy prevented that movie from having a much darker tone and ending.

0|1
    0|0
    • You'll have to explain me this one, I haven't seen the movie ^^

• Show All
  • I can sort of understand some of Anakin's motives, especially when Mace Windu says of Palpatien "He is too dangerous to be kept alive" and Anakin says "no, it is not the Jedi way". This reflects almost the same word for word conversation between him and Palpatine earlier in the film in regard to Count Dukoo. SO he sees there really isn't much difference between the Jedi and the Sith, yet he immediately becomes a hypocrite by joining the Sith.
    In X-Men (I think it was First class, one of the Prequils) when pointed out that the military ships shooting at them are "just following orders, Magneto points out that the Nazis who killed his parents were also just following orders. This is an exchange I have seen many times in real life.
    People will point to the Joker in the Dark knight but he has no noble motives, even his test of human nature to save themselves over others is still not a noble act. However there is a villain in that movie with a legitimate motive. When the Justice system fails Two Face, he decided to base everything on pure luck, because it doesn't discriminate.
    In terms of video games, Ganondorf in Twilight Princess is correct when he blames the Hylian gods for drowning Hyrule and that it is all King Hyrule's fault.
    Andrew Ryan in Bioshock is vindicated when he proves that the player is in fact a slave when he orders him to kill him and he obeys. As well as other comments he makes.

0|1
    0|0
    • Did I say Twilight Princess? I meant Wind Waker. Also, to those saying Thanos. No there is absolutely nothing noble about his reason or intentions. It is not a bad solution to a legitimate problem, it is a bad solution to a non-existent problem.

• Which villain, from a movie or a game, could you agree with?
    Everyone is rooting for the villain.

0|2
    0|0
    • I've never seen that movie. What is it about?

• The guy on the bottom of the pic... Gerard Butler, is a brilliant guy. He was a military consultant (who killed people) and in his private life he holds a lot of patents for his inventions.
      One day two thugs came to his home, and knocked him out with a baseball bat, and tied him up. Then they raped and murdered his wife and little girl. The court system didn't give him the justice he wanted, so he turned the town upside down. He got even in a big way. I won't tell you what he did, but it's an awesome movie.

• Scar from Lion king ( minus killing Mufasa ).
    Maleficent.
    At least half the villains in Naruto.
    Sweeney Todd.
    Can't think of any other right now, but there are a lot more than this.

1|1
    0|0
    • True that it's not like in the old movies, where you had a villain who was bad just because he was bad, now many villains have more understandable reasons.

• Yes that's true. Mostly because of some tragic backstory or sone realisation that things are not gonna change unless they take matters into their own hands, or stuff like that.

• Silva from "Skyfall"
    His government left him to die, so it's completely understandable that he would want revenge. He's the only Bond villain I've sided with. His actions were completely justified and he was only targeting M16 and not innocent civilians. He was a villain with morals. And M had it coming. I never liked Judy Dench's M. She was extremely selfish and hypocritical. I was happy when Silva killed her

1|2
    0|0
  • Larry, from Dirty Mary Crazy Larry. He didn't really hurt anybody, but had guts trying to outrun the cops. He just did what he wanted.
    https://youtu.be/kySJqSLeke0

0|1
    0|0
  • i think darth vader represents a truth of acquisiton and pursuit of power. power corrupts. i don't necessarily agree because i believe in the innner moral compass but i completely understand how he gets to where he is

but i'd say magneto. his position is really allegorical of many examples we see in the world

0|0
    0|0
    • I think Vader (at least how he was shown in the movies) really thought he did well, for the greater good, but with a twisted view on things, a view corrupted by the power and the dark side.
      On that point, the comics are interesting because they show how much he struggles and suffers, all his regrets, nightmares and of course his physical pain. I think many of us could even follow the same path with the same circumstances.

Magneto also have good reasons considering he basically lived and seen the worst of what mankind is capable of. Yet I think he's too extreme. He ends up trying to do the same thing he lived as a kid.

• Show All
    • Problem with the Joker is the same as many super heroes, he has so many versions I'm not sure which one to take.
      Some are understandable, like in the Dark Knight trilogy, and some shows him simply as a mad man.

• very true about joker. some of the versions are much more relatable or at least sympathetic characters. i was talking about the dark knight joker since that was the picture but you are right considering all the different jokers is larger topic

• Probably Harbinger. He's simply following protocol and programming. I feel that their logic, while extremely harsh, is somewhat true. Organics are kinda self destructive. I shall end it with a quote "That which you know as Reapers are your salvation through destruction."

0|1
    0|0
  • None of them really, it's always some cynical get even with the universe for being born mentality. I've got my own issues with that growing up the way I did but I don't agree with it at all. It makes you useless and butt hurt.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gaston. From his perspective, a monster has enslaved a girl from his town and he mounts a rescue attempt.

0|1
    0|0
  • Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker from the Flash or Magneto from the above picture.

0|1
    0|0
  • Light yagami (death note) but only on his idea of killing crimnals.

Jigsaw (saw) pretty much the same thing punish people who do bad or waste there life taking it for granted.

My biggest one i agree with 100% is posion ivy.
    There is legit nothing wrong with her moral ground.
    She wants only plants to live and animals and humans to die, this would solve millions of things wrong with world yea it is one massive genocide but for a 100% good causw.

Ivy could make all the plants only need sun and oxygen which means nothing would have to eat each other.
    Side note ivy could finded out how to turn everyone into plant people so therefore no need for the genocide.

Plants been the only thing on this world, would be a world without pain and full of life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Darth Vader... he just wanted to protect Padme...

1|3
    0|0
  • A lot of people say light yagami is the villain in death note, so I guess I could name him, although I don't consider him a villain.

And then there's Zoltun Kull from Diablo 3, who only wanted to protect humanity from both demons and angels.

I can't think of many others. Of course some of them make some sense (Thanos, Magneto, Pain and Madara from Naruto, the guy from the Kingsman movie, Amon from the legend of korra, the templars from assassin's creed, lord genome from gurren lagann) but they always are made sure to be displayed as evil by making them kill innocent people for no reason or stuff like that.

0|1
    0|0
    • Any person killing crimnals is justice and should be allowed in this new world.
      Even tho light himself did get more evil over time which lead to his undoing.

So light was bad guy just he didn't see it cause at the end of the day he was a psycho who didn't care about who hurts to get what he wants which was to be a god of the new world.
      If he was good he wouldn't of gone up ageist the police he would of just ignored them since there is no way L would of caught him anyway.
      But since he was psychotic and bad he just had to go ageist the cops to prove himself more smarter and get sastifaction which any normal person trying to do good would not care about that.

So light was bad guy and completey psychotic and god complex. But his whole kill crimnals mindset was a good purpose.
      Also light killed many innocent people since they are quite a few people who get aressted are innocent and it even showed you light killed someone before the court even decided to say if he gulity or not.

• Most of them.😂
    Just because he isn't a hero does not mean he is wrong.

0|1
    0|0
  • Magneto he's doing it to save his people but i dont agree with his methods

0|1
    0|0
  • Magneto

1|3
    0|2
  • Sephiroth
    Wesker
    Thanos

1|2
    0|0
    • Wesker? Didn't he do it for money and power?

• Not really. He wanted to exterminate humans because they fucked up the world. He even says he's not ending the world, he's saving it.

• Hero killer (?) in hero academia 😂

0|2
    0|0
  • Thanos has a pretty good point.

1|2
    0|0
  • Jason Todd

0|1
    0|0
    • Jason Todd? Where? In the Batman games?

• In the movie "Under the red hood" and in the game "Akham Knight".
      I know he aren't totally a villains but I think in the majority of the movie / game he's more of a villains than of a anti hero (which he's most of the time).

• the one from little mermaid , ursula

0|1
    0|0
    • I haven't seen the movie for a while, but I don't remember her reason being nice.

• Death Wish Guys. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • Zuko!!
    And Octo, if he counts.

0|1
    0|0
  • cortex from carsh bandicoot! bahahahahahhahahha

1|1
    0|0
  • Magneto.

1|1
    0|0
  • Loki.

0|1
    0|0
  • Thanos. The dude was right

0|1
    0|0
  • Darth Vader and Magneto

0|1
    0|0
  • The joker

0|1
    0|0
  • Joker

0|1
    0|0
  • Voldemort, he just wanted to get rid of those with impure blood

0|1
    0|0
    • That would kinda be the same as saying Hitler was right x)

• Only a mudblood would say that XD

• all of them, it makes everything fun and interesting lol

0|1
    0|0
  • T-Bag. He really never had a choice.

0|1
    0|0
  • Joker i think he’s coolest

0|1
    0|0
    • So an abusive guy who beats harley to near death all the time and likes ripping people's faces off and likes gasing people, and likes to toture kids is cool?

Recommended myTakes