Does traveling make you more interesting?

Like I have always wanted to travel since I was younger just from watching movies alone but it seems like a lot of people these days will share or post a meme about traveling and they’ll say something like “You guys want to raise kids and have a family and I want to travel the world so we’re not the same.” Lmaoo I see it so much but it seems like they just want to do it because they want to seem more “interesting” and seem “better” than other people rather just wanting to do it because they just have a passion to see the world, it’s weird lol. I personally don’t think traveling makes you more fun or interesting I just think it’s just something nice to be able to say you did, you know something on your bucket list but it doesn’t make you any more interesting or different.

1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes I think so.
    You get to experience different cultures, meet new people, learn new languages, try new foods, visit sights etc. etc., all makes for better stories to tell to people you’ll meet in the future. I’ve been to a lot of places myself and it’s really an amazing thing to bond over when you find out you’ve lived in the same place as someone you’re talking to or travelled to the same countries that are a little more exotic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Traveling alone makes you more confident, social, self adaptive, you gain experience, you learn new things, it brings about a positive change in you and makes you feel like that there is something in this world worth living for.

2|0
    0|0
  • No, it gives you a better perspective (especially if you're going off the beaten path and not going where all the tourists go) but it doesn't inherently make you more interesting. You still have to cultivate that naturally.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it just means you've seen different cultures. I really want to travel to Europe for two weeks, but never have. I wouldn't come back with this pretensions attitude that I'm better just because I did do it though. I see that very often lol.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I guess u are right soem people return and they are all stuck up because they had been outside their countries, and afford a trip to other countries

• Very likely. People usually like to hear about the travel adventures of others.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's always interesting to hear where people got their STDs.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anything that expands your knowledge makes you more interesting. It's just a fact.
    You'll do yourself a disservice though to have the mindset of "they want to seem more “interesting” and seem “better” than other people".
    Having traveled often since I was little, I can tell you, when in conversation with others who also travel, I am always interested to know of peoples experiences, where they stayed, how the food was the people, all of it.
    So again, Anything that expands your knowledge makes you more interesting.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I personally don’t think expanding your knowledge makes you interesting it just means you know more than you once did or something that you were once ignorant toward you’re no longer ignorant toward it. Can traveling the world give you more to talk about when meeting and interacting with new people? Yes will seeing different environments and cultures be a different feeling/vibe for you? Yes will it be easier For you to find things you have in common with other people? Yes but that doesn’t add to how interesting you are. Who you are as a person even if you never travel or if you don’t care to travel is what makes you a interesting person and what makes people want to befriend you and what makes people want to be around you. You can travel to Spain, Cuba, Mexico, Jamaica etc And be as dull and uninteresting as they come lol. Can traveling be fun? Of course and who wouldn’t want to be around something different for a change but traveling is not a personality trait and in order to be interesting that comes/shows from your personality.

• 6d

Like you said, understanding different cultures,
      And traveling the world can give you more to talk about when meeting and interacting with new people, yes seeing different environments and cultures can different feeling/vibe for one and be easier to find things you have in common with other people.
      All those things you mention absolutely can add to how interesting you are. i never said knowledge or travel would make someone want to befriend you but it 1000% can help a person to be more interesting.
      You’re still young but What do YOU find interesting in other people?

• Yeah, you bring back interesting knowledge, lessons and perspectives

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve traveled to quite a few places and still would like to travel more but I do it because I want to and not to make me more interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • so they say broadens the mind but not so sure about that

0|0
    0|0
  • I think having culture makes you interesting as a person having interests having ideas generally does make you interesting there’s a difference between traveling and vacationing I think tinder did a recent study that showed that people that had traveling in their profile were more likely to attract more matches versus people that did not from personal experience however I can tell you that my friends who have children do not like to see traveling in the opposite sexes profile because it makes them seem flighty and less of a family oriented person

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm Polished and Some, Hun, Posh. lolxxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it does. 100%.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think so!

0|0
    0|0
  • It can give you a different Outlook on things...

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends. i travel yet i stay the same

0|0
    0|0
  • Knowledge not traveling

0|0
    0|0
  • Makes life more interesting for sure.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes