What do you guys think about The Beatles?

I just don’t see why so many people like them and they’re such a big thing.

24

24
  • You don't understand because you were not alive to experience them in the 1960's. They must be appreciated in the context of the world as it existed at that time.

They were revolutionary!

• 4d

don't have to have lived through the 60s to love and understand the beatles

• 4d

he wasn't spectacular drummer for sure. but i guess when you are playing behind the likes of lennon, mccartney and harrison you only need to keep time

i did get to see one of the all-star shows. they are pretty outrageous... a lot of fun

• 4d

@madhatters4 I appreciate Ringo not for his technical skills on a drum set, but for his musicianship and he is an extremely likeable guy!

• they are one of my favorite bands.

it's fine if you don't like them. musical tastes vary... and apparently yours is shit... kidding kidding. I remember michael stipe from REM saying the Beatles are elevator music

• 4d

i listen to and like some of their songs but i just don’t understand why some people especially girls are so crazy about them

• 4d

i mean the hysteria of the 60s was only partially about music. it was sort of a cultural revolution, great marketing campaign, image, etc, that lead to that hysteria... coupled with good music

• They were hugely influential and, although their music mostly seems simple now, it was rather unique when it came out.

• They're just another shitty boy band. Yawn

• One of my favorites

• They are cool insects