Feminist gamers found this character design to be too revealing and objectified women. Thoughts?

• Yes it is inappropriate
  • No feminists are wrong

518

Most Helpful Guys

• 2B? She's an android... she was designed based on the character Nier... in fact, the majority of the androids were designed to look like their human creators. 2B is wearing a combat dress with a leotard underneath. She isn't wearing anything provocative and honestly, a leotard is probably great for combat, especially for women. It covers enough of the crotch to remain modest but it allows for free movement.
    I won't lie... when I first got it, I did scope the booty while going up ladders. I think it's okay to look, but it wasn't my focus.
    Objectivity? Maybe.
    Her clothing is much more conservative compared to Kaine from Nier. She wore no pants... she wore lingerie in the open. The... annoyingly stark feminists would and will complain about anything.

• As a rule of thumb, feminists are fine with women looking slutty if you slap "feminism" on it. If you just do it, it's "patriarchy".
    Also, I have never in my life seen a feminist campaign against Jon Snow showing his butt, or Jason Momoa prancing around half naked.
    It's nothing new that feminists are hypocrites.

Most Helpful Girl

• It looks fine. But the reason it is a bad design is because there is no reason for it. She doesn't need a dress, key hole, or skirt slit. The only reason those things are there is for male satisfaction.

• If it only it was a feminist game, then it would all make sense...

• As a man in the western world I clearly experience feminism very differently than you do.

• @backdoorman yes. I agree. I cannot speak about your experiences but I can speak for mine. Feminism allowed me to go to school. It allowed me to wear shorts in the summer. It allowed my mom to work a job. It allowed my brother to like the color pink. It allowed my cousins into the military.
      Let's just set a base that feminism has done wonderful things for our world in the past century. But what about this decade? This "new wave" feminism?
      Well I'll admit I'm much more of a hermit than other's that are more qualified to speak on this subject so I don't have quite a lot of hands on experiences.
      But I think it is still needed. I know that the world is not equal yet. We are not equal in every aspect of the word. There is still a lot of de facto bullshit out there (even right here in the western world) that needs to be fixed. And until we are equal in this world, we will continue to need feminism- in one form or another.