Feminist gamers found this character design to be too revealing and objectified women. Thoughts?

Feminist gamers found this character design to be too revealing and objectified women. Thoughts?
  • Yes it is inappropriate
    Vote A
  • No feminists are wrong
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• 2B? She's an android... she was designed based on the character Nier... in fact, the majority of the androids were designed to look like their human creators. 2B is wearing a combat dress with a leotard underneath. She isn't wearing anything provocative and honestly, a leotard is probably great for combat, especially for women. It covers enough of the crotch to remain modest but it allows for free movement.
    I won't lie... when I first got it, I did scope the booty while going up ladders. I think it's okay to look, but it wasn't my focus.
    Objectivity? Maybe.
    Her clothing is much more conservative compared to Kaine from Nier. She wore no pants... she wore lingerie in the open. The... annoyingly stark feminists would and will complain about anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a rule of thumb, feminists are fine with women looking slutty if you slap "feminism" on it. If you just do it, it's "patriarchy".
    Also, I have never in my life seen a feminist campaign against Jon Snow showing his butt, or Jason Momoa prancing around half naked.
    It's nothing new that feminists are hypocrites.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It looks fine. But the reason it is a bad design is because there is no reason for it. She doesn't need a dress, key hole, or skirt slit. The only reason those things are there is for male satisfaction.

3|1
    0|2
    • If it only it was a feminist game, then it would all make sense...

• Show All
    • As a man in the western world I clearly experience feminism very differently than you do.

• @backdoorman yes. I agree. I cannot speak about your experiences but I can speak for mine. Feminism allowed me to go to school. It allowed me to wear shorts in the summer. It allowed my mom to work a job. It allowed my brother to like the color pink. It allowed my cousins into the military.
      Let's just set a base that feminism has done wonderful things for our world in the past century. But what about this decade? This "new wave" feminism?
      Well I'll admit I'm much more of a hermit than other's that are more qualified to speak on this subject so I don't have quite a lot of hands on experiences.
      But I think it is still needed. I know that the world is not equal yet. We are not equal in every aspect of the word. There is still a lot of de facto bullshit out there (even right here in the western world) that needs to be fixed. And until we are equal in this world, we will continue to need feminism- in one form or another.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• ok... I don't understand why feminists complain about skimpy video game clothing on women but they'll be the first ones to defend prostitutes and sex workers and strippers (the ones that actually sexualize women as objects).

Its a video game, it isn't a professional gathering of women in STEM fields.

0|2
    0|0
    • If men find it attractive its objectification.
      If women find it attractive (and men don't) its empowering.

Its got nothing to do with any sort of equality. Its just man hating and making men miserable. Even if it harms other women I. e. the women who design the characters in the first place a la Bayonetta.

• @demonics oh yeah, I was gonna post the bayonetta pic, so I went and googled Japanese video games in general cuz that's what games I grew up with... be forewarned that search turns up a bunch of NSFW stuff so I didn't post anything

but its just silly, it s a game... that being said

• ... don't feel like typing the rest now, but you get the point

• The men in fighting games can be exponentially more sexually objectified than the women. The only mainstream game series that shows what happens when you equally "objectify" both genders is Dead Or Alive.

0|0
    0|0
  • who gives a shit? she's not human xD just like PETA suing Games Workshop because Space Wolves are wearing FICTIONAL FUTURE INTERSTELLAR WOLF PELT on their 9 ft tall armor
    Feminists lost an actual cause to defend?

1|0
    0|0
    • I gave you a thumbs up because I know about space wolves and that made me feel special 😂😂 also seriously? They tried to sue?

• @PondyPand oh PETA didn't try anything, they filed a law suite xD they DID sue

• If only said feminists campaigned against prostitutes, strippers and sex workers, the ones who actually objectify women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm assuming that it is an action game, so a dress is impractical in a character's design. But who am I to judge, I'm not even a gamer?

0|0
    0|0
    • She is wearing a dress with a leotard

• Show All
    • @ImagineSketchy is you wear shorts under a skirt, what is the purpose of the skirt? 🤔

• Ask the tomboy that enjoy being feminine, wearing dresses and then wanting to be active in them. People do all types of things. I have never worn a skirt and never Will, but I'm not questioning their life choices

• They are not really in a position to complain considering that character is wearing more clothing than most western women these days...

0|0
    0|0
  • All anime clothing objectifies women. Also most clothing objectivifies women as well as music and tv.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm guessing they never seen ivy from soul caliber lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I see what you mean, its a little risqué. Perfect trigger material for the feminists.

• guess they never played mortal kombat, tits everywhere

0|0
    0|0
  • They take everything too far. That’s why I do t like girl gamers annoying as fuck.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why do we even acknowledge these people just ignore the feminists they just look for situations to be the victim

0|0
    0|0
  • Feminists can suck it, they are quick to jump on the streets in naked boobs.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure she does look slutty, but if she's kicking ass it doesn't matter what she wears, right?

0|0
    0|0
  • Her clothes are cute.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. But so welcome, very nice...

0|0
    0|0
  • she was a robot but still looked hot😅

0|0
    0|0
  • BREAKING NEWS: Feminist offended !

0|0
    0|0
  • Feminists are fucknuts

0|1
    0|0
  • Hello Mr Agenda... how long have you hated female gamers? Did one humiliate you and shatter your questionable manhood?

0|0
    0|0
  • So also no male character needs big muscles or tight clothing. Actually, no computer generated character needs to look human at all. We could make them water bottles with arms and legs that behave like people and the game would have the same physics.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes