Do you only like music because it's fed to you through radio or do you seek out good music on your own?

Do you seek out good music for yourself?
Do you seek out good music for yourself?
  • I like music fed to me
    Vote A
  • I hunt for good music
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I've done both in my life. I used to listen to radio, but now I exclusively dig.

I didn't really develop my own sense of music taste until around the end of junior high. Before then, I just listened to whatever was on the radio. Maybe it's because of this experience that I ended up liking the sort of early 2000s alt rock sort of stuff like The Fray, Hoobastank, in addition to Creed. However, when the radio started transitioning to more of the hip hop based techno stuff in the late 2000s, I couldn't get into it and stopped listening to it.

Around that time, I started getting into Rockband 2. That game, besides cultivating an interest in learning music for me, also helped broaden my musical scope. The rock/metal stuff in it really grew on me. I really appreciated the sort of technical difficulty of the music. However, given the game wanted a wide appeal, the music was still (for the most part) only the real popular stuff. A lot of it was likely playing on the radio at one point or another.

The game did help promote a sense of finding material on my own though. Newer Avenged Sevenfold stuff from Rockband 2 led me to older material from them, which then led me to Bullet For My Valentine, which led me to Periphery, ERRA, then Napoleon, and all sorts of new bands. Now I have more of a defined musical taste than when I listened to radio. The downside is that the bands I like tend to be not super popular, so it takes a decent amount of digging. The quality seems to be better, because it is more tailored made to what I want then just me broadly accepting whatever is on. Interestingly enough, it also got me to go to more local shows and meet fans of the genres. Some great bands are hidden in plain site since they just don't have the traction/reach of the larger ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly, am addicted to music that is and has been fed to me but but I have found good albums on my own that were great too!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I make my own pod casts so I only have to listen to the music I like. I haven't listened to the radio in years. I also have Sirius Satellite Radio in my car.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I seek out good music on my own. Music is very important in my life, it helps me keep calm, relax, energetic when I need it to and it makes everything much better 😊, I’d say I listen to music 4-5 hours a day lol.😄

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes i listen to FM radio like when im in my dad's truck. Or on Sirius XM in my mom's car. Otherwise i mostly go digging around for stuff i haven't ever heard.

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to singers I love like Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, Kelly Clarkson, Backstreet Boys & more from the 80s - early 2000s, I also listen to a lot of 80s music.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually hunt for good music. I'm into a lot of underground and very obscure stuff that most people haven't heard of.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like fast rap like Twister, Montana 300, Money Bag, so I hunt for my music. When I can't find any of that I like what the radio is fed to me Alternative Rock all the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I search the underground for my music. Generally speaking that is where the best music can be found. Radio music is just fodder for the brainwashed masses, especially pop radio.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. But I. Mostly find stuff myself and am sometimes surprised when it's on the radio.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dig, but if I find a song I like on the radio I will listen to it more =)

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost always when I listen to radio it's talk radio.

0|0
    0|0
  • I look for music on my own. I don't like a lot of the music I hear on the radio anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont listen to the radio, I only use Youtube for music.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've even asked for music recommendations on this site

0|0
    0|0
  • Seek out my own

0|0
    0|0
  • Pandora helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never listen to radio or random music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both,

0|0
    0|0
  • I seek out real music on my own

0|0
    0|0
  • i search for my own tastes in music

0|0
    0|0
  • I hunt for good music