How do you guys feel about movies based on a political agenda?

• I hate them!
  • I like them, when it's an agenda I support
  • I like them, whether I agree or not.
    Vote C
No one said anything on whether or not people have a right to do it... I simply asked whether or not people enjoy them, because I personally find it annoying when I see something, that is clearly a political statement more then for entertainment.

56

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends how you define a political agenda.

I define political agenda based movies only when there is misinformation. It's very obvious this is not about sharing ideas, it's about misleading the viewers about a group of people or a group of ideas by stating fictional information in order to manipulate the society.

Not everything you see is an agenda tho. It's called personal opinions and preferences. If i am a writer, i'm a citizen and a human being. I have the right to use my job to spread my ideologies and write stories that contains my belief system and share it with the rest of the world. In order to share something with those who believe in the same and if it could impact someone to come and believe in what i do, that would be a nice plus. And if i am a director or producer, i'm still in the same position. It's my every right to invest and help creating movies that contains my ideas and opinions. I would like invest on stories that i believe in and share them with the world.

There is nothing wrong with sharing your ideas. No one has the right to tell Hollywood employees that they don't have the right to state their ideas through their job only because it's a mainstream industry. But misleading is a different story.

• No one said anything on whether or not people have a right to do it... I simply asked whether or not people enjoy them, because I personally find it annoying when I see something, that is clearly a political statement more then for entertainment.

• Well I asked whether people liked them, you answered whether it was okay to make them... When I ask east and you answer west, it gets confusing...

• Your direct answer is in the first paragraph. I see everything with depth.

Your questions begs details. I can't answer just Yes/No, this and that.

It's critical how you define a political agenda based movies. Because our perspectives, could end up with variable preferences and results. So i have explained how i defined a political agenda based movie. And that's what i dislike.

But if you would define every opinion and idea that a movie maker puts out as an agenda, then i disagree with your perspective. Not that i support those movies but i also explained how illogical it is to bash them for it just because you [Think] their ideas are an agenda. While it's just their belief which they have every right to share.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it weird that some people act offended when movies (or music, or any art) have a political agenda as if it was something new. Art has always commented on politics throughout human history.

• Art sure, but I haven't found it often in movies... What movies do you find in particular is trying to follow a specific agenda?

• Ahh, I thought your response was do, to me pointing to two movies with a conservative political agenda. But since i'm a liberal those easily are noticable to me. So was just hoping you might have a few examples of movies with a clear liberal agenda...
      I assumed by your some what negative response, that you were a conservative that had been triggered by my examples.

• No, I'm the oppopsite of a Conservative.

Hmm, I'm still not sure I understand this whole thing now. Sorry.