How do you guys feel about movies based on a political agenda?

• I hate them!
    Vote A
  • I like them, when it's an agenda I support
    Vote B
  • I like them, whether I agree or not.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
No one said anything on whether or not people have a right to do it... I simply asked whether or not people enjoy them, because I personally find it annoying when I see something, that is clearly a political statement more then for entertainment.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends how you define a political agenda.

I define political agenda based movies only when there is misinformation. It's very obvious this is not about sharing ideas, it's about misleading the viewers about a group of people or a group of ideas by stating fictional information in order to manipulate the society.

Not everything you see is an agenda tho. It's called personal opinions and preferences. If i am a writer, i'm a citizen and a human being. I have the right to use my job to spread my ideologies and write stories that contains my belief system and share it with the rest of the world. In order to share something with those who believe in the same and if it could impact someone to come and believe in what i do, that would be a nice plus. And if i am a director or producer, i'm still in the same position. It's my every right to invest and help creating movies that contains my ideas and opinions. I would like invest on stories that i believe in and share them with the world.

There is nothing wrong with sharing your ideas. No one has the right to tell Hollywood employees that they don't have the right to state their ideas through their job only because it's a mainstream industry. But misleading is a different story.

0|0
    0|0
    • No one said anything on whether or not people have a right to do it... I simply asked whether or not people enjoy them, because I personally find it annoying when I see something, that is clearly a political statement more then for entertainment.

• Show All
    • Well I asked whether people liked them, you answered whether it was okay to make them... When I ask east and you answer west, it gets confusing...

• Your direct answer is in the first paragraph. I see everything with depth.

Your questions begs details. I can't answer just Yes/No, this and that.

It's critical how you define a political agenda based movies. Because our perspectives, could end up with variable preferences and results. So i have explained how i defined a political agenda based movie. And that's what i dislike.

But if you would define every opinion and idea that a movie maker puts out as an agenda, then i disagree with your perspective. Not that i support those movies but i also explained how illogical it is to bash them for it just because you [Think] their ideas are an agenda. While it's just their belief which they have every right to share.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it weird that some people act offended when movies (or music, or any art) have a political agenda as if it was something new. Art has always commented on politics throughout human history.

0|0
    0|0
    • Art sure, but I haven't found it often in movies... What movies do you find in particular is trying to follow a specific agenda?

• Show All
    • Ahh, I thought your response was do, to me pointing to two movies with a conservative political agenda. But since i'm a liberal those easily are noticable to me. So was just hoping you might have a few examples of movies with a clear liberal agenda...
      I assumed by your some what negative response, that you were a conservative that had been triggered by my examples.

• No, I'm the oppopsite of a Conservative.

Hmm, I'm still not sure I understand this whole thing now. Sorry.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well with these kind of pro life movies I think it is fine since pretty much most movies and all of TV are trying to brainwash you to be liberal and hate Christians

0|1
    0|0
    • Which movie/tv do you find that are particularly trying to brainwash us to be liberal and hate christians?

• Show All
    • Isn't the walking dead a zombie show? How is it feminist?

• Don't get me wrong I love the show and my favorite character on both of the shows is a black guy named Morgan but the show is trying to be so super diverse that there is not one white leader of the communities on purpose and the main leader is a black woman I like her but it is all about pushing the diversity agenda where to me if the character works I am fine with it but it is obvious that is what they are doing and another character Maggie was leader of Hilltop and pushed down our throats she was leader in comics too but just the way they pushed her on us and she was annoying and then the next leader was a gay man named Jesus of course so they could mock Jesus and then he died so the next leader was a lesbian so it is definitely going with an agenda now

• If I know it’s got a political agenda to it then I can make up my mind if I want to see it or not beforehand.

If it’s a “comedy” or some genre that isn’t specifically political that has an obvious bias or agenda to it then more than likely I’ll opt out because I find that I dislike Hollywood messaging on politics and morals. But at least tell me what agenda you are trying to cover before I get in the theatre...:

0|0
    0|0
  • The examples you presented are the minority of conservative movies who fight an uphill battle (Facebook won’t allow them to advertise, MPAA purposely rated unplanned R... to get fewer viewers).

While 90 percent of the big budget, franchise movies (Star Wars, captain marvel, etc) have liberal agendas and they can do whatever they want.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have heard people don't like those movies because the main characters are female... Is that the agenda you are refering to or?

• I have no problem with lead actor being female and/or minorities. But I do have a problem with Brie Larson explicitly saying “I don’t care about 40 yr white male critics” while promoting captain marvel or director Jordan Peele saying straight up “I will never cast a lead white male for my movies”.

• Okay, so it's comments said by producers and actors in interviews... But are there any agenda in the actual movies?

• I don't enjoy it if it's something I disagree with, but obviously I think people should be allowed to express their beliefs however they want. I don't usually watch a lot of movies based on political agenda though.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a documentary about something political, okay. If it's an actual movie... not really.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are done well, I like movies on nearly any subject

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine if it's clear that it's made with a specific political vision on something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, I loved Triumph des Willens (Triumph of the Will).

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it pretty boring.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes