Do you think that the sequels of movies, in general, aren't as good as their prequels?

• Generally, yes.
  • Generally, no.
  • Other.
    Vote C

12

12
  • No!!

Most of the movies i have watched, i loved their sequels. I favor extended stories so. I enjoy seeing more and more of the movie i love. Getting more details, exploring more of the characters and new personas.

I mean movies like Resident Evil, Mission Impossible, Insidious, Conjuring, Fast and Furious, Collection, Saw, Grudge, John Wick, Jack Reacher, Transformers, Final Destination, Matrix. . . none of this movies would be as enjoyable without their continued sequels.

• I didn't mean to say that extending stories isn't a bad idea. I prefer it too. I just meant to ask that whether the majority of sequels made with same enthusiasms and hence as watchable as their prequels or not. From the list you've mentioned, I agree with almost every movie series but the Fast and the Furious. I don't like them much now since they don't include Paul Walker anymore and it's all getting down to pulling of driver jobs and making of new rivalries and friendships. Also, for example, The Terminator movie series has degraded itself sequal by sequal, well that's just my opinion. But The Final Destination series and the Transformers series are some of the really famous trainwrecks.

• I say generally no. I tend to like sequels. Especially anything from Blumhouse productions.

• In most cases they are not as good but some rare cases they are