Name a cartoon from your childhood that was completely underrated?

I will say Jimmy Neutron. It was pretty good but never got its credit.

5|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Tbh the Orginal Teen Titans, its mad underrated right now. It actually had meaningful stories and stuff you could relate to. It was dark but had moments of real happiness. I just feel like it was a rare show that had a good bbn lens of some realistic elements kids today are missing.

3|5
    0|0
    • 7d

*good parts of some

• 7d

I have heard this from a lot of people... i missed Teen Titans ( i stopped watching teevee around that time)...

I tried to watch the new Powerpuff girls throughout the first season, and i felt the same way about it...

The original PPG was the best show ever made by CN, in my opinion, so I feel the same way you did...

honestly, i'm a bit worried about CN, these days... I feel like they have lost some of that magic they had 15-25 years ago...

Now they are trying to rehash all the most popular series, and It's just not the same...

• 5d

Hell yeah the original teen titans was the goat

• Childhood? 😄 Some of us never stop watching cartoons. ;) We know fine entertainment when we see it. 😃

There are so many good ones that are underrated. Courage, the Cowardly Dog" is one that comes to mind. (I think it's because someone has an avatar of him on this forum). :)

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Ren and stimpy for sure. Loved it. This one is not underrated, but worth mentioning. Teen Titans, that show held a special place in my heart.

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

On God, but I think when I came around it just wasn't being shown as much so people didn't know about it.

• Godzilla the series
    Name a cartoon from your childhood that was completely underrated?
    The only good thing to come from that failed abortion of a roland emmerich movie

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Ooh yes I totally agree with Jimmy Neutron, I still watch it when I can catch it on but that came out when I was already in my early maybe late teens so for me I'm going with Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago, I absolutely loved that show there are several more but that one actually had a teaching moment and a plot line.

1|1
    0|0
  • I really did love jimmy shows quite educative and innovative

2|1
    0|0
    • I liked the Thomas Edison episode

• Can't recall the episode but I remember making my brothers to be Jimmy's addict so they can allow me to watch the show😂😂😂

My bro loved the girl jimmy liked

• I loved Jimmy Neutron too, but Kim Possible was the bomb.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's tough to say... Maybe Ren and stimpy or kablam, are you afraid of the dark, Nick arcade over all I've spent more time in Nickelodeon. But I'm not show those are under rated shows either...

0|1
    0|0
  • Total Drama
    It's a Canadian cartoon, deeply underrated but only because it's not very widespread, but I think it's on cartoon network, or at least, used to be.

1|1
    0|0
  • Phineas and Ferb! I started watching the show when I was like 5, and I still watch it.

2|1
    0|0
  • I wish more people saw the movie "the phantom tollbooth" I thought it was such a great movie.

1|2
    0|0
    • 7d

The phantom tollbooth is a classic!

tryin to think of some more obscure ones...

Did you ever see the Thief and the Cobbler recobbled cut?

(it's made of only original animation and animatics, instead of the atrocious movie that got released by the corporate hacks)

Or what was that one with Don Knotts where it starts out live action, and he turns into a fish, and the movie becomes a cartoon?

• Show All
    • 7d

@jemismyname Thanks for the suggestions! I might just check them out!

• 6d

they are both studio ghibli movies, but more random, not the super-popular outside of japan...

I have like a bunch of super-obscure cartoon films like the phantom tollbooth that are on the tip of my tongue... but i forget what they are called... i have to ask my friend andreas... he knows so many

• All of them. Just to name one, the Spiderman cartoon that Stan Lee narrated in the 80s

1|1
    0|0
  • I was a girl—- but Care Bears, smurfs and chopper and the wheelie bunch!! Lmao I totally just dated myself😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • 7d
    0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

didn't see that one... there were so many new cartoons in the 80s, they didn't show much from the 70s...

we don't have that problem now, tho, haha

• Show All
    • 6d

Also, i didn't have cable... so i only saw what was on network, and also i couldn't get CBS very well, and so i missed almost everything on that channel that was syndicated, as well...

• 5d

@jemismyname Ah, that’s it right there then, Nickelodeon was cable. I did watch some Rocky & Bullwinkle, I remember liking it. “And now here’s something you’ll REALLY like!” haha

• -Jimmy Neutron
    -Braceface
    -Danny Phantom
    -Ugh, I'm not that good at these

2|1
    0|0
  • The Pirates of Dark Water. It was so awesome but sadly it ended after 2 seasons unfinished.

0|2
    0|0
    • 7d

yeesssss!!! I watched that show religiously! It was a tragedy that they didn't finish that show,, I couldn't believe it... it was one of the best cartoons of its time period!

That reminds me, they made a Pirates of Dark Water video games for SNES and genesis... I'll have to pirate those ;)

• 7d

Another one from that time period that got the short shaft was "Spacecats" that show cracked me up it cracked me up... but gone after one season. a few episodes make their way onto youtube now and again, but i have yet to find a good copy of it...

• Marvel's ultimate spooderman. That shit stuck with me when I was younger.

0|1
    0|0
  • In the name of Christ our Lord...

1|0
    0|0
  • Team Galaxy and Martin Mystery, made by Marathon Media.

0|0
    0|0
  • if anime counts then bobobo-bo-bobobo, if American id say phineas and ferb

0|1
    0|0
  • Xavier: Renegade Angel

It's a timeless philosophical dark comedy

0|0
    0|0
  • Dragon ball Z

5|1
    0|0
  • Danny Phantom. That show was so badass

0|1
    0|0
  • Doug 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

1|1
    0|0
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog

2|3
    0|0
    • 7d

somebody was pirate livestreaming Courage on youtube a couple weeks ago... pretty sure those got shut down by now, but there were lots of teenagers wathching, judging by the chatbox... they prolly never saw it before

that was the greatest era of Cartoon Network so far as I can tell...

Johnny Bravo
      Sheep in the Big City
      Powerpuff Girls
      Dexter's Lab
      Space Ghost

everything was gold!

what were some more?

• Show All
    • 6d

@courtney-6

also, i just downloaded "Big O" but i haven't watched, i forget if that was Toonami or adult swim

Did you watch Cowboy Bepop?

• 5d

@jemismyname

I used to watch DBZ, Sailor Moon, Tenchi, and Hamtaro

There was also Thundercats, Gigantor, Batman Beyond, Johnny Quest

There was also Sheep in the City and Grim & Evil on regular Cartoon Network. There’s a lot more of you do a search. I only named the ones that I remember growing up.

• Land Before Time. Jay-Jay the Jet plane.

4|1
    0|0
  • Rugrats hands down

2|2
    0|0
  • Legend of the dragon I think it's called.

0|2
    0|0
  • -Daria
    -Kim possible
    -The powerpuff girls

1|3
    0|0
  • Danny Phantom deserved so much more love.

2|1
    0|0
    • That show sucked

• Show All
    • @elite665 Kim Possible was good but no one ever talks about Danny Phantom. Why didn't you like it?

• 7d

Tbh I just did not like him lol his white hair and green eyes but I also barely watched it so

• The Flintstones

2|2
    0|0
  • Total Drama Island or Chowder.

2|1
    0|0
  • Jem and the Holograms!

(obviously)

0|1
    0|0
  • Biker Mice from Mars.

1|0