Do HEARTBREAK songs break your heart, or do they mend it?

Like when you hear a song about someone who's heart has been broken, what feelings do you personally get?

Does it make you sad, or do you really just like the song?

Here are some examples of what I am talking about...

Toni Braxton wants the pain to stop! ... have you ever felt that way? I'm not kidding!

Sade talks about having her heart broken so many times before... have you ever had your heart broken?

Share your thoughts on broken heart songs and share your broken heart story with us, we really want to hear it... PLEASE?

• Do HEARTBREAK songs break your heart, or do they mend it?A. I love heart break songs!
    Vote A
  • Do HEARTBREAK songs break your heart, or do they mend it?B. I like heart break songs but I sometimes get sad when I hear them because it reminds me of a heart break I once had
    Vote B
  • Do HEARTBREAK songs break your heart, or do they mend it?C. I do not like heart breaks songs, life is hard enough listening to happy songs, thank you.
    Vote C
  • Do HEARTBREAK songs break your heart, or do they mend it?D. OTHER, see my comments below, or just open the heart break survey
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes , music totally takes an effect on me., I Love music , and if the lyrics are deep then Yes i can definetly. feel it inside , i love when i hear a Song and the lyrics are like. talking about my life. I can only listen to heartbreak songs when i am over someone but if i just broke off with someone then no way i change it. LOL

1|0
    0|0
    • 16 d ago

I been listening to a lot of Duncan Sheik lately guy is an awesome. song. writer his lyrics are fucking awesome , i dont care what anyone says cuz to me the guy is very talented and his music. Is awesome to me i like a lot of other bands as well but as of Now Duncan Sheik is all i been listening to

• 13 d ago

Thanks beautiful

• 13 d ago

You're welcome :)

Most Helpful Girls

• They break my heart in the best way.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I voted "A" since I have not yet experienced a broken heart in the sense of the question.

The reason is that I am very cautious with the partner I chose and I have been laughed at for going on a minimum of 5 dates before committing. But that is exactly the purpose of that high number; to avoid heartbreaks.

Now as to why I find heartbreak songs nice. I get the feeling that the singer/writer/composer of the song must have had to go through a full heartbreak to put so much emotion into the melody and lyrics and can express better than someone that never experienced it what it is all about.

Just listen to the words and tune of Elvis Presley's "Are You Lonesome Tonight" It goes under your skin, it makes me want to hug him and console Elvis. The hairs on my arms just pop up when I hear it and I get very emotional thinking of what the person just must be feeling.

However, I am sure that if I was in a heartbroken case, my reply would be "B" or even the one that is not listed here:

E. I hate them because they remind me of my own broken heart every time I hear them.

Time heals wounds and even a disliked heartbreak song can become a favorite one because it can remind you of the good times you had before the heartbreak.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a musician and singer. I can choke up over various types of songs if they are exquisite. They don't have to be love songs. It's all about the beauty of the words, melody, vocals and arrangement. A lot of heartbreak songs, especially country and western, are kinda schmaltzy. Some heartbreak songs are excellent. But I can be quite nostalgic and sentimental, so some can choke me up. For me, though, it's not about mending my heart.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not heartbroken but listening to heartbreak songs definitely gives me some type of feelings. I can almost feel the emotion in the song through the melody and the lyrics.

1|0
    0|0
  • They break my heart because I feel as if I can relate to them sometimes, but at the same time it is really helpful knowing that I'm not alone in a situation. It's really relieving to know that if all these people could get through heartbreak, so can I!

1|0
    0|0
  • Hear break songs make me sad for sure. But for some reason I love that feeling, may be because I have never got my heart broken.

Sometimes you set the song according to your mood, sometimes songs set your mood.

Listening to heart break songs is like a friend who is consoling me in my heart break phase.

So that lowers the mood somewhat for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to sulk and listen to Toni Braxton lol!
    I realized heartbreak songs are just for weak men.
    Its ok to be heartbroken, these songs just make you marinate in loneliness

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about the message of a song, as long as its fast-paced with lots of distortion and energy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good question. Music affects me deeply. It makes me sad or sadder.

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes you just need sth sad that will match your state of mind so you can get over it

1|0
    0|0
  • No I haven't really gotten much of a heartache so they don't hit as hard as they would hit friends

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually they make me laugh... but when my hart is broken... I want to brake someone’s spin... 🀣

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on what song, some make me sad while others just give me energy to move on with my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just reach for the lemon grass tea an I'm home but realky only if your sad do they make you worse off

1|0
    0|0
  • "Unbreak My Heart" is just a gorgeous song... but it does nothing to mend heartache.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly break it, but mend it too, to make me want to conquer anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends if I'm in a mood to get shit done or wallow in my own self pity.

1|0
    0|0
  • They just make me roll my eyes and groan. Seems like a pointless waste of time to me to complain about relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • B for me... What about you?

1|0
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

It depends, if all is well I like them, but if I am sad then I only want to listen to upbeat happy music to help get me back where I need to be :)

• 13 d ago

Nice :) i bet you're pretty when you smile :)

• A. I love heart break songs!

1|0
    0|0
  • a little bit of both.

1|0
    0|0
  • They don't do either for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both

1|0
    0|0