Season 8 Game of Thrones opinions?

Personally I don't know what to say about it. Like it has some good and emotional parts, but I don't feel like it's as good as the other seasons. What do you guys think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's kinda funny though. At the end of a show that spent 8 years living off the "shock value" of their nudity and creative ways to show violence, the minute things get toned down, and all the people who got addicted to the shock can't stop complaining. They're like little crack heads.

0|1
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

Like you said, it was creative and now got toned down at end. For the ending of a famous show like this, that's really disappointing.

• So are you saying that maybe, it looks like a total SHT ending, to the series, with all the hype, building it up?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like they rushed it. This could have easily been a 10 episode season and then the character arch wouldn’t have been so totally demolished

0|1
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Yess. The battle of winterfell, the death of the night king, the last battle and Cersei's death... they all happened too fast

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• they clearly ran out of ideas, had an ending in mind, and are throwing together a basic skeleton of a plot to sort-of get them in the general-enough location of that ending so they can finish it.

0|1
    0|1
  • Going to watch when the season is complete so I can binge.

0|1
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

I thought about doing that but couldn't resist watching them on air date😂

• I'm glad it's just finally fucking ending. Honestly it's been rushed and an overall shit show; and complete discredit to such beautiful characters, created by George R R Martin.

0|1
    0|1
    • 10 d ago

Yeah I'm just watching it to know how it'll end. Otherwise this season's not worth watching.

• 10 d ago

Yup. The way they're just killing characters off is just cliche. The characters who have died the way they did is just lazy writing. But this is just my opinion. The only thing I have liked so far is the CGI has been awesome. Overall I'd give this season a 6/10.

• George has basically said that his plans for the characters is pretty much the same as the show presents it. I think they crammed Dany's villain arc into the last two episodes, where it should have evolved over the course of a season.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Oh come now, you think Cersei and Jaime's death were good? The way they died was just lame. And lets not talk about how fast and easily they killed the dragon.

• 10 d ago

Nah, I agree there's a lot to be desired. Cersei went from being a villain to a sympathetic character. Grey Worm acting OOC. Jamie's redemption arc ruined. Stuff like that.

• 10 d ago

yeah huge spears in the chest and neck are just flesh wounds 🤣

• Too funny reading how butthurt boys cry about how the imaginary characters were treated.

Why don't you kids make your own series?

0|0
    0|1
  • Opinion?
    R. I. P little BEAR got me. Got me good you went out like a little boss

0|0
    0|0
  • It's inadequate

0|1
    0|0
  • If you watched the last episode it all could have been avoided if Jon Snow had of kept his mouth shut and gave Danerys that good sucking she wanted.

0|1
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

The writers clearly wanted Dany to go mad

• 10 d ago

Bastards. I wanted to see her sit on the iron throne married to jon

• 2 d ago

Obviously that is what most wanted, but why would the writers do that? If you want 'predictable' endings, watch Disney movies, and read Harlequin Romances (AKA Hallmark Channel Movies).
      I kind of liked how it ended, especially Lord Tyrion's part, in changing things, for the future...
      I hated that little misogynistic prick, at the beginning, but he 'matured' and 'learned' and 'grew' through the series!

• I think it has been fine. They had to wrap it up. Not sure what more your were expecting.

0|1
    0|1
    • 10 d ago

They could have given the characters who have such rich history a better ending. Like they dulled it down so much and threw in dragons lighting shit up. So people could be like ooooo, ahhhhhh. And ignore all the massive plot holes. But then again it's just a TV show and it is meant to end. I think people were just expecting a little more than what was given.

• Not quite jumping the shark yet, but seems to be running on fumes.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes