Why are Instagram influencers popular?

So I was on youtube and I stumbled upon some drama video where this guy was going through a phone conversations he had with some other guy.

He had hundreds of thousands of follower and a lot of fuss was generated over his phone texts and I HAD to see WHY!

So I looked up his instagram to see what he was up to that was so interesting

it's just him. Standing around. on a park bench. with a backwards hat. in front of a building which is NOT a famous landmark. in front of a tree. on a street corner. With his girlfriend occasionally.

Why are these people famous. I don't get it. They are just doing ordinary stuff?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• People like “shiny” things and these people portray themselves as such... a “shiny” beacon of what humanity should look like, but without any of the substance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually they're of average looks and small children new to social media get super into them because of their hotness