What Are Your Favorite Movies?

If you had to give me a suggestion, which movies should I see before I die? And why?

86113

Most Helpful Girl

• RENT!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Guys Said 113

• The Lion King

Toy Story (all 3)

Friday

The Land Before Time (1-4)

Star Wars (1; 3-6)

The Shawshank Redemption

Donnie Darko

Saving Private Ryan

Pokemon (1-3)

Princess Mononoke

Braveheart

Jurassic Park

Fight Club

Beavis and Butthead do America

Silence of the Lambs

The Goodfellas

• I haven't seen Friday...saw the first star wars and actually hated it...I want to see The shawshank redemption (even the name is cool.) lol. Never saw Princess Mononoke, fightclub, beavis and butthead do America, or goodfellas. Thanx for the suggestions! (:

• No problem :)

• A hearty recommendation for Princess Mononoke from me.

• "The Godfather" (1972) & "The Godfather Part II" (1974)

Reason: Generally regarded to be the best films of all-time.

"The Eagle" (1925)

Reason: My favorite silent film of all-time.

"Eraserhead" (1977)

A cult favorite. It's super quirky and most people love it or hate it.

"Cannibal! The Musical" (1996)

Written and directed by South Park's Trey Parker, this live action film was made while Parker and Matt Stone were in college. It's loosly based on a true story. The beginning sequence might be kinda gross for some, but it's really a funny movie.

"North By Northwest" (1959)

Reason: It's a classic

"Dumb & Dumber" (1994)

Reason: One of my favorite comedies. Also check out another Farrelly brothers' hit: "There's Something About Mary" (1998).

"Weird Science" (1985)

Reason: Writer/director John Hughes was practically the William Shakespeare of the 1980's. This teen comedy was one of his was my favorite Hughes movies. He was also responsible for "Home Alone" (1990) which is also a must see.

"Murder By Death"

Reason: It's a funny, silly comedy

"Terminator" (1984) & "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" (1991)

Reason: "Terminator 2" was a special effects masterpiece, but if you watch it, you should watch the first "Terminator" film first.

"Mr. Deeds Goes To Town" (1936)

It's a bit better than the Adam Sandler remake and worth watching.

"Field of Dreams" (1989)

While this movie appears to be about baseball, it's really about a relationship between a man and his father, and deals with the topic of mortality.

Also any and every James Bond film.

• I haven't seen a lot of the movies that you suggested, but Eraserhead?...really? lol. I know it was an inspirational film for "The Shining," but if you could throw all the weirdest and randomest thing into a movie...that would be Eraserhead. lol.

• For the record, I find The Godfather positively ponderous. Heat is more dynamic and modern.

• Dumber and Dumb rocks too.

• I'm not gonna say why for a ton of movies but I'll give you a list.

Pulp Fiction

Wall-E

The Bourne Trilogy

500 Days of Summer

Blow

How High

Friday

John Q

Super Size Me

Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2

Forrest Gump

Gran Torino

Pineapple Express

American History X

Inception

The Butterfly Effect

I could go on for ever. That's plenty. lol

• Haha. I haven't seen Pulp Fiction, How High, Fiday, Gran Torino, Pineapple Express, or American History. Not the entire movie atleast. I'll have to watch them! Thanx! (:

• Inception is terrific if you can get past the central conceit.

• I think EddyMetal is retarded.

Hey, if he's allowed to insult a whole slab of people for liking a movie, I'll insult him.

• Christiane F. It's so DIRGED, and I like anything true, like any artistic depiction of something that really happened with affable accuracy. Christiane F herself was on the production team for the film, and she said it was more or less accurate to her life. And that's really amazing considering the film... I also like the HOLY depictions of David Bowie. My mentor told me, 'It's a film about a 13-year old heroin addict trying to make her way to a Bowie gig.' Long before I'd even watched it I was very much in love with it.

Other favorite films include David Lynch's Eraserhead, which is just unnecessarily horrifying and very very beautiful, and contains the best sex scene ever, and uh... A Real Young Girl, which is just... Artistic childporn, essentially. It's about a 14 year old girl from a french farming family coming to sexual maturity, and it depicts everything as decrepit and disgusting, and it's real foul but evocative, and auughhhh it's beautiful. It made in 1970 and was outlawed internationally until 2010, such is it's extremity. And uhm... The Aristocats, ahaha. Just because, O'MALLEY, MAN. Jazz cats. It's what got me into jazz, junk and l'bohemme, I owe a lot to that film. Plus, LAFAYETTE, just kills me, man.

• - Saving Private Ryan

- Black Hawk Down

- Schindler's List

- Leon (aka The Professional, but you want the original, uncut version)

- Heat

- Ronin

- The Usual Suspects

- Unforgiven

- LA Confidential

- Snatch

- Old School

- Eurotrip

- Ferris Beuller's Day Off

Nothing fall-specific, but I *always* watch Die Hard around Christmas time.

• I don't have a favorite movie, I have different favorites from each genre.

Mystery/thriller: The Game starring Michael Douglas.

Horror: The original Nightmare on Elm Street or Phantasm

Action: Big Trouble in Little China

Sci Fi: Mission to Mars

Fantasy/Adventure: The Hobbit (the Rankin-Bass animated movie from the 70s), Dragonheart, or Excalibur

Sports-related: The Program, Days of Thunder, or Necessary Roughness.

Comedy: Monty Python & The Holy Grail

• Lost in the wild

Emotional connections are key and this movie always plays with my heart strings. It's actually painful to watch but still captivating. If I was capable of crying this would be the movie I would loose it to. Especially the narration throughout by his sister.

A must see if you already haven't.

• Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack Skellington, king of Halloweentown, discovers Christmas Town, but doesn't quite understand the concept.

It's the only musical I like and I'm a fan of the Halloween/Gothic aesthetic

also Gattaca - hard to explain but it's a future of human engineering and how we can make people more strong, clever, beautiful from birth and how that affects society/individuals

It's very slick and entertaining

• I have seen way too many movies to really have a true favorite, but I guess if I had to choose one movie to have on a desert island it would probably be Citizen Kane. My favorite actor and actress who are currently working are Michael Fassbender and Kate Winslet.

• The original Star Wars trilogy and The Fellowship of the Ring are pretty good I guess.

• I love the lord of the rings, but star wars...just no. lol. I can't bring myself to keep going after I watched the first one. I like yoda, chubaka, r2d2, and cp3o! (: haha

• Yup. Those who hate it, hate it a lot.

• A fistful of Dollars.

For a few Dollars more.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Hang'em High.

Kelly's Heroes.

• Pulp Fiction because it's very unique, each portion of the story is very engaging and odd. The character's are each created by their dialogue, the way Tarantino creates his character's by giving them quirky and odd dialogue is memorable. The performances are solid as well and the violence is shocking and unsettling, never seen anything like it before. It's considered a masterpiece, because of it's iconic storytelling, it is told out of order, but in the end it all wraps up perfectly.

• bingo, although i'll add the the dialect between Vincent and Jules is 70's which apparently when they grew up...(related... Mia... disco!). oh and the passage from the bible jules always used before offing a guy.. doesn't exist.

• I love fall time XD, winter as well but I'm really liking fall so far.

Anyway I listen to rock mainly, still stuck on this

one:

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=qD-2WcQxjvAhttps://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=WGt-8adyabkhttps://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=ZB7mIeb8n0g

What are you listening to?

• American Pie1234,Nightmare on Elm Street,And the Santa Clause

American pie because it is funny

Nightmare on elm street because it is a scary concept

The Santa clause because it reminds me of happier times in my life

And here is a hanky for your tears ;) lol

• My favorite movie has to be Dumb and Dumber but that might change. Its just a choice I have had since I was about so I might have to reevaluate that now that I'm older. I like it because it got me through a tough month in 2000 lol. Plus its so funny!

• Favourite Movie: Platoon, I have seen it well over 100 times (that is no exaggeration, at one point I knew all of the lines). It's just an amazing movie, really powerful stuff.

Favourite Actor: Al Pacino...the f***ing man!

Favourite Actress: Probably Meryl Streep, she's just very, very talented.

Favourite Colour: Blue

Favourite Comedy TV Show: All In The Family

• my most favorite movie and always still will be is

THE WAR OF THE WORLDS (the 1953 george pal version) along with the TV series

i grew up with that movie and I love the war machines designed by Al Nozaki they always will top any alien craft in other sci fi movies also the actors are my fave also

• This is my favorite movie. Not a big hit at the box office but very satisfying I think. KInd of a chick flick I guess you would say, lol. I think you'll agree it really packs a wallop! link

• Se7en

Law Abiding Citizen

American History X

Eternal sunshine of the Spotless Mind (youll like this one)

Blade Runner

The Assisanation Of Jesee James by the Coward Robert Ford

Fight Club

BraveHeart

Shawshank Redemption

Black Hawk Down

American Beauty

• 12 Angry Men (this is a must, its black and white but amazing - esp for the time era, really tho go rent it)

Dog Day Afternoon

The Shawshank Redemption

Blow

Inception

The Blind Side

The Magestic (yes jim carey can do things besides comedy)

Me Myself and Irene

Stand By Me

Enemy At The Gates

Inside Man

John Q

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Saving Private Ryan

City Of God

Rounders

Casino

Mystic River

Men Of Honor

i could go on but I'm at work and just getting off my break...lol check out those tho...i tend to like movies that are based on true stories because they are just so cool and inspiring

• More from Guys
    93

What Girls Said 85

• Drama - The Breakfast Club. I saw it first when I was 13, which I think is the perfect age for people to see it. It taught me (even though this sounds so elementary) to not judge someone just by their reputation or outward appearance. They might end up being more like you than anyone else, or the one who understands you most.

Fantasy/Adventure - Dragonheart. Sean Connery is just the perfect voice for that dragon. I love reciting the old code when I watch it... The whole plot is just amazing... but I don't want to summarize it for those who haven't seen it. It would ruin the experience. I always cry during the last scene, though... more than I've cried at any chick flick.

Comedy - Encino Man/My Big Fat Greek Wedding/The Sandlot. Encino Man was one of the first roles Brendan Fraser had - a caveman who came back to life after being frozen for millions of years after some random average Joe-type guy digs him up out of his backyard. He makes the guy and his friend (Pauly Shore - LOVE him!) really popular.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding is very reminiscent of how my parents got married - My mom was older, still lived with her parents, just worked and never really dated much at all. Her parents didn't like my dad right away because he wasn't Greek, but they were eventually over it.

The Sandlot - Need I say more? It's a classic for a reason.

Family (could also be Adventure) - Free Willy. I don't care if people make fun of me for loving this movie. I just do. I always love the story of two loners who are somewhat rejected or neglected by the majority, but find each other and connect and understand one another. It sums up how some of my closest friendships formed.

Kids/Animated - Space Jam/Nightmare Before Christmas. I'll always be a fan of MJ (by the way, Michael Jordan is the ONLY MJ. Jackson doesn't count!). This movie was just always fun and silly... I was really into basketball when I was little, so I watched this a lot.

Nightmare got me exposed and attached to the gothic style early in life. I'm sure that I annoyed my mom with how often I watched this one... I was only 3 or 4 when it was released, but I fell in love with it instantly. Again, a story of two loners, but in this one they fall in love. The guy is the king and is adored by everyone but doesn't have anyone to love him, while the girl admires him from afar. The perfect chick flick. Even a lot of guys will watch this one.

• I guess it depends on what kind of mood you are in.

Horrible bosses

The human centipede

The spy next store

The messenger

The notebook

Full metal jacket

White chicks

Whistleblower

Because I said so

something's gotta give

Rush hour one & 2

insidious

bangkok dangerous not the original.

guess that's enough...hahah.

• human centipede...

why is that one of your favourites?

• lol. Because it's sick/twisted and I suppose that is what makes it good. Besides it is one of the better horror movies that has been released lately.

• Good question!

That'll take some time for me to unravel, though. I generally like the old B&W flicks, but like a pretty broad range of them. It would be hard to narrow down, lol. I'll repost after I've had more time to consider the question. Just tagging it for now to see what the GAnG is going to post. :-)

• This is tough lol, mine is a big toss up between jaws, raiders of the lost arl, silence of the lambs, blade runner and lord of the rings but as my sister is such a tolkien fan my vote goes to LOTR fellowship :)

• of all time? Grease

then theres:

Dazed and Confused

Pretty in Pink

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

The Breakfast Club

Sixteen candles

Flash Dance

Dirty Dancing

The Hangover

Grease 2

Zombieland

Superbad

• Into The Wild

Garden State

Forrest Gump

Remember Me

John Tucker Must Die

• My favorite movie is Napoleon Dynamite. It's genius.

• The Notebook, X men First Class, sixteen candles, green lantern, easy A, letters to Juliet, Expendables, Dark Shadows, so many more but somehow I've gone blank at the moment

• - enough

- pursuit of happyness

- nightmare on elm street

- hangover

- Jennifer's body

- taken

- shrek

- anger management

-a walk to remember

• The Usual Suspects...

it's such a mindf***. highly recommended.

• Keyzer Soze! :O

• well I'm calling you slipz, and I'm already starting to feel cool, I feel oily for some reason too whenever I think about it..

• lmfao. interesting... :p

• My top Fav are The Vow,Dear john and the The Lucky one why because they have the gorgeous an sexy men Channing Tatum :) and Zack Efron and they are few of the best romantic movies I've seen.

• i have never ever EVER seen anyone spell 'bored' that way. awesome. :p

Gladiator. because it's about vengeance and how delicious it can be.

• taken has been my favorite movie so far. buried is also a good one, though it's ending really sucks. :)

• My Name is Khan - I think all Americans should see this movie, plus its simply amazing

Psycho - because Hitchcock is awesome

North By Northwest - same as above

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - it has a very interesting perspective on life

8 1/2 - This might just be because I'm a huge Fellini fan...

The Princess Bride -

Amelie

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - I've never met anyone that has seen it and doesn't love it

Blow

City of God - one of the best films of the past decade

Once Upon a Time in the West - nothing better than a good spaghetti western

Man With a Movie Camera

Wristcutters: A Love Story

Citizen Kane

Any Pixar Film

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Food, Inc. -it will change the way you think about food

The 400 Blows

• American beauty. Because there is so much reality and truth hidden in that dark comedy. The older I get the more I realize this.

• The moppets, madagascar and ice age part 1,3,4 because they remind me of my chiled hold and I don't have to look the others way because a dirty sen is coming

• the little mermaid =) lol I also like firewall and paranormal acitvity the first and second

• Well if your into Animals and Tigers, I would suggest Two Brothers it's amazing! Oh and also a movie called The Missing! Some of the best movies (in my opinion) right there!

• My fave movie ever has to be the 1989 film 'Uncle Buck' geez I love it XD You need to see all 3 Toy Story's as well :)

• # The Shawshank Redemption (1994), dir. Frank Darabont <-----WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE! ALWAYS!

• More from Girls
    65